Meagle cost and wait

Guest Ravendove

Guest Ravendove

In need of a tiny pistol for those days when I just can't wear concealing clothes, I decided to buy a Micro Desert Eagle back in June. It's been seven weeks and I haven't received it yet, but that's not the issue. To stave off my excitement, I've been running searches on the net just to gather more information and opinions on the cute little thing. What I've been seeing are a lot of people having purchased it over the course of the last five months or so for no more than $470. I bought mine for a few cents under $590. I don't know if it's due to geographic location or whatever.

My question is: does anyone think I'm getting screwed or does this sound about right?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JHatmaker

That's high, I've never seen one over $525 (and have seen them as low as $475), but I wouldn't say you got screwed. I think I purchased mine for $525 plus tax/tics. Don't think of it as you over paying though, think of it as you paid what it was worth to you. Gun prices are all over the board.

It's a great little gun, you'll enjoy it. I had too many "pocket" guns so I sold it to another member here who seems to enjoy it as well.

Never had an issue with it during it's brief tenture. A couple guys make some really good custom leather pocket holsters. Google Meco Pocket Holsters and get one started. Takes about a month, around $60, but well worth it, they are top notch.

Congrats on the purchase, hope it gets here soon. And by the way, if you haven't purchased .380, go ahead and start looking.

• Admin Team

I've got one and love it. It's my Sunday gun, if you will.

I've got two of the Robert Meco's holsters. I got one with the gun from Hatmaker, and ordered another one to see which style fit me better. If you decide you want a rear pocket holster, let me know. I'll make you a deal.

The Outpost was pretty well stocked on .380 when I was in there at the end of last week (and they've got a Micro Eagle in stock).

Guest Ravendove

I wish I could cancel the order and pick that one up. Oh well. I'll have to see what my options are as far as holsters when I get it. I may take you up on that rear pocket holster.

That's a good point about the cost being what it's worth to me. That's how I've been looking at it but I still can't help feeling it as the money leaves my bank account. It's definitely worth it to me though. I hate being asked to leave the XD subcompact at home because the relatives are uncomfortable around firearms.

Oh, and I got a box of corbon JHP about a week after I made the initial purchase. I ordered it from Cabela's and they didn't seem to be short in anything.

Edited by Ravendove
Guest JHatmaker
I hate being asked to leave the XD subcompact at home because the relatives are uncomfortable around firearms.

My brother is like this, so when we all get together at my parents for football season etc, I pack something small....outta sight, outta mind...

I wish I could cancel the order and pick that one up. Oh well. I'll have to see what my options are as far as holsters when I get it. I may take you up on that rear pocket holster.

That's a good point about the cost being what it's worth to me. That's how I've been looking at it but I still can't help feeling it as the money leaves my bank account. It's definitely worth it to me though. I hate being asked to leave the XD subcompact at home because the relatives are uncomfortable around firearms.

Oh, and I got a box of corbon JHP about a week after I made the initial purchase. I ordered it from Cabela's and they didn't seem to be short in anything.

My brother is like this, so when we all get together at my parents for football season etc, I pack something small....outta sight, outta mind...

Don't give a rats rear about what my inlaws or the rest of my family think. All my inlaws used to be able to do is "ask me to leave" (nothing would have made me happier). But I no longer grace them with my presence.

As for as my family, my brother is not as bad as me but almost, the rest of the family don't really care what I do, no more than I get to see them I could walk in carrying a machine gun and I don't think anyone would notice.:poop:

Guest Ravendove
where did u order from? if it is not in stock they should give yer money back

I don't want to bring bad press to the place so I'll just say it's a gun shop in Nashville. They said they couldn't get it through their regular supplier and that's why it was so expensive. They gave the weapon's high demand as the reason for the wait but if other places are having it in stock, I'm having a hard time understanding why it's taking so long.

Guest Ravendove

Yeah, I paid in full. I did use a credit card, as a matter of fact. I think I'll give them until Saturday and then ask for a refund. Saturday marks the eight week point.

Yeah, I paid in full. I did use a credit card, as a matter of fact. I think I'll give them until Saturday and then ask for a refund. Saturday marks the eight week point.

Wow, 8 weeks? People cry in California about waiting 10 days for their handguns!

If you don't mind waiting, by all means, wait. However, when I pay for something in full, then I want it in a reasonable time frame. If you paid by credit card, even better because they have rules about this sort of thing.

This isn't even custom artisan work: it's simply another mass produced pistol. I did a quick search on Gunbroker and found over 61 listings, most of them way under what you were charged. These guys could have simply ordered one off there and handed it to you and made a few bucks besides.

Guest Ravendove

Thanks for all your input, guys. I'm going to give them until the end of the week and ask for my money back. They were just too unfriendly about it when I called to check on it at the seven week point. And obviously it's available, so there's no reason to wait for them. Any advice on asking for a refund? I've never done that before and I don't want to come off wrong.

Guest JHatmaker
Thanks for all your input, guys. I'm going to give them until the end of the week and ask for my money back. They were just too unfriendly about it when I called to check on it at the seven week point. And obviously it's available, so there's no reason to wait for them. Any advice on asking for a refund? I've never done that before and I don't want to come off wrong.

I think at this point, you don't need to worry about coming off bad. Most good gun shops would have tried to buy one from another store or order off GB.com to at least show some sign of customer service.

I would just say, it's taken a lot longer than I thought, and have noticed that these are not hard to find. That you wanted to give them business, but they've made no effort to try and help you find this gun, have treated you rudely when you've called in (maybe even ask to talk to someone else there). They'll obviously be able to re-sell it. Your CC company may be able to assist.

I don't know all the rules (if there are any) about paying for a gun to have it shipped then not getting it. But I do know I ordered a new, hard to find gun one time, and it took less than a week to get to my dealer. You're going on 2 months!!! That just seems somewhat unacceptable to me...

Guest Jcochran88

I agree with hatmaker. I would say you have been waiting long enough that most shops would understand, If they wanted to keep your business then they shouldn't have any problem doing this. 2 months come on you would think they had to order it from Del-ton.

• 1 month later...

I agree...cancel for sure...that's horrible customer service...that's ridiculous.

I entered a gun store in east tennessee (wont say where) and the guys behind the counter were a real pain to even try and ask them a question. I had been to two other stores that day, asked questions, and made requests and they all had excellent customer service. These "good ole boy" 'tards at this one store will never, ever get my business. Which is actually quite a LOT of business as of lately!

Anyway... don't waste your time with them anymore.

Good luck with it!!!!