CMP Clinic Aug 29th Shooting USA Comming to Oak Ridge

Guest FroggyOne2

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FroggyOne2

I am not sure how much you will need.. but it never hurts to have a few extra.. a friend of mine discovered that this year at Perry.. hee hee.. we ended up having to find a sub for the Herrick Throphy Team Match.. We came in Second in our Division.

Guest SUNTZU

Congratulations, Frog! I was wondering how well you did! Thanks for the info on the ORSA shoot, as well. Don't reckon I want to be on TV, though. Jerry Springer has already done enough for the South without me adding to the jokes. :hat:

Guest FroggyOne2

Dan.. thanks.. overall.. 78th out of I think 400 shooters. I also got "High Police" in the Doc Aiken Throphy and the Sierra Throphy. I shot a "Palma" Rifle through the whole Championship.. In the THE ROUMANIAN TROPHY TEAM MATCH our team came in 4th in our division.. and was the only one on the team that was shooting the Palma Rifle and out shot the guys with the 6.5 x 284's.

Guest TOWgunner in TN

as a new member here and a new M1 owner I'll be there...hope to put some faces to the names for a change....

Semper Fi

Duane

Guest FroggyOne2
Thank You!!.....i'll be the tall, bald guy with glasses...:)

I better bring my sunglasses then.. um.. You may want to wear a hat.. there is no shade out there..

You won't be able to miss me.. I will be wearing a shirt from the 2009 National Matches.

I just wish I had this information earlier. I have to work every weekend unless I can get information earlier. I do want to take the CMP course and shoot the course at 1000 yards with my rifle but it does not fit in the guidelines list as it it a custom rifle base on the M-24 style sniper rifle built by predator. Pu on a good show for the rest of the country to see that Tennesse is the home of shooting stuff.

Guest FroggyOne2

Come shoot with us on the second weekend of Sept.. both sat and sun.. 3x1000 on sat and 2x1000 on sun with Big Ed's afterwards for the shooters on sunday.

Wish I could be there for the clinic. Took the one back in March i believe, but it rained like mad and the shooting was cancelled. I joined ORSA so I could learn to shoot long range and as luck would have it, I screwed up my shoulder and had to have surgery. So now I am on the side lines just watching until probably next spring. I have to say that the guys shooting in the 1000 yard league were really great and encouraged me to start shooting with them. Now the question is should I buy the Kimber ultra carry 45, or the 308 tactical rifle, once I can get back on the ship and start making some real money again.

Due to the way my work is scheduled, I would not be able to make the seond weekend in September. I f you are shooting the second weekend in October I would take a couple of vacation days. I would like to see if I can shoot the rifle at distance. Old eyes probably can't see that far.

Just got home from shooting in the clinic. Seemed there was a great turnout for it.

They ended up doing five relays counting the coaches who shot the third relay. So I am guessing there were near 100 people there.

We shot at 200 yards and I suprised myself with how well I shot overall. Shooting sitting was my weakest discipline by far. And that reflected in my score. But it did seem that most everyone kind of sucked at it.

It was a great learning experience.

The clinic was good fun and an excellent learning experience. Having the shooting coaches there makes all the difference. There were enough there that everyone shooting had some one-on-one guidance in learning the basics and lots of great tips too.

Regardless, my skills in the sitting position leave much to be desired and will only shoot that way during these matches. I think my torso is too long. :tinfoil:

Shooting USA was indeed there with Jim Scoutten pulling targets in the pits and shooting just like the rest of us commoners. Was fairly odd listening to him talk. Always thought the TV was on.

Don't know when the episode will air but stay tuned. You might get to see Mike.357 or myself trying to shoot sitting down in great discomfort.

Should have gotten my Garand autographed, but that would be ridiculous and he's not that famous.

Edited by Garufa

Only let down was no swag from the Shooting USA guys. :tinfoil:

And I have a nasty bruise on the inside of the top of my bicep from the dang sling. Felt like my arm was pinched in a vice grip and the coach thought it ought to be tighter.