Anyone own a Witness Elite Match?

Guest CK1

Thinking of picking up one of these, but looks like I gotta buy to try...

Wondering if it's a "hell yeah! Do it!" gun or if I could possibly hit someone local with some cash or ammo to check one out?

Not really caliber specific as I know you can convert them up or down...

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JHatmaker

Don't own one, so take that for what it's worth, but I've heard they are decent guns. I don't know if I would go so far as to say it's a "hell yeah do it!" gun though. From my understanding, it's closely based on the CZ-75, so you may get a good idea of how it shoots by trying one of those out, or asking folks on here who own that gun. I like their looks, and their pricing seems great for what you get.

Is this going to be mainly a target/shooting gun?

The Witness has won literally thousands of IPSC matches and other shooting competitions over the years. They do not make the best conceal guns in the world, they are on the heavy side. However, they are among the very best shooting guns you can buy. I owned one that was barreled for 9 para and 9x21. It had thousands of rounds in it and nary a problem.

Other than the 1911 no other gun made is more customizable than the CZ 75, Witness platform. The Witness is on par with the CZ in quality and its price, due to its lack of marketing for many years here, is extraordinarily good. I have owned a number of them and the CZ, both are excellent firearms.

Is this going to be mainly a target/shooting gun?

yes, and possibly for matches... from what I've gleaned looking into them they are supposed to be probably the best SA gun money can buy for south of 1500 or so (and many say they shoot better than that even)... and a respected alternative to going the 1911 route...

just would like to shoot one! Looks like I may just take the plunge anyhow...

Like Warbird said they're ubiquitous at the top of the fields in IPSC events.

Edited by CK1
Guest mikedwood

I bought a used Carry P and it was super accurate but had FTF all the freaking time. I had two different gunsmiths try and fix it and nothing.

EAA didn't want to talk to me at all unless I sent them $150 because it was a used gun.

If you get one, get a new one cause if there is a problem, you are on your own with a used one and parts don't fall out of trees for the EAA Witness models.

I wish it had been a better gun I would have certainly carried it.

Edited by mikedwood

The CZ 75 Tactical Sport is by far the most accurate handgun I have ever owned mine is in 9mm and has 20 round mag capacity the trigger pull is practically nothing it doesnt give you time enough to twitch while squeezing the trigger. I paid $940 for it at Guns&Leather in Greenbrier

However I do hope to one day own the EAA Witness Gold Team I love the looks and imagine it is a great shooter.

There is a CZ P01 for sale in the Classifieds. Nice looking Pistol!

The P01 is a great gun but it and the Tactical Sport are designed for 2 different purposes the 75 TS is on a whole different level of accuracy as it is specifically designed for IPSC competition it has an extended grip,single action trigger,heavy free falling magazines,an enlarged magazine well,extended magazine catch,match grade trigger featuring an option for trigger travel adjustment before discharge.

And the P01 is more designed as a personal defense/law enforcement weapon.

The CZ 75 Tactical Sport is by far the most accurate handgun I have ever owned mine is in 9mm and has 20 round mag capacity the trigger pull is practically nothing it doesnt give you time enough to twitch while squeezing the trigger. I paid $940 for it at Guns&Leather in Greenbrier

However I do hope to one day own the EAA Witness Gold Team I love the looks and imagine it is a great shooter.

the witness elite match is closely related, and in most ways comparable to your CZ-75 tactical/sport... couple slight differences.

basically, i'm after the same incredible match SA trigger/barrel for less money... (FYI i came so close to buying your gun a little while back @ G's n' L... nice gun! glad you scooped it up before i returned and had to do it...)

they're not the same as standard frame CZ-75's anymore (the 9/.40's used to be)... they're all larger frame now (9mm mag holds 18rds, ALL calibers can be converted up or down now, including 9/.40's which used to be SOL) and the really new new ones have a rail...

looks like i'm going to pick one up... probably towards the end of the summer, or if i somehow find a used one, sooner... hoping to shoot 9 and .45 or 10mm off the same frame for around a grand or so...

borrowed a pic of the newest/latest one off of gunbroker:

Picture1-2.png

Edited by CK1