Gun Show worth it?

9/12 & 13 Rex Kehrli Show-Knoxville (Knoxville Expo Center)

I have been planning on going to this for awhile but my brother told me its all overpriced. Last time i went to a gun show was about 10 years ago when they had it at the Jacobs building and i remember seeing some good stuff then. But it does seem like everything that i've went to at the expo center is a joke. So should i have expectations of finding a good deal on a handgun there or should i not get my hopes up?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So should i have expectations of finding a good deal on a handgun there or should i not get my hopes up?

You can always hope to find a deal on something that you want there but more times than not you can get as good a deal either at you local shop or online. I still enjoy getting my hands on more guns than you can at most stores.

No, don't get you hopes up but then if you do find a deal then you will be pleasantly surprised!

Have fun.

I'll be there Saturday before the game. To best answer your question ; most of the dealers there will have comparable prices to what you would see in their store, remember, on top of their normal overhead they now have to include the price of their table and any travel expenses in the price of their guns.

The real deals are from individuals who bring a gun to sell, sometimes you might happen upon someone needing cash and get a very good deal but be careful, a lot of the old timers standing around out front know more about firearms than you, me and the good Lord put together. I enjoy going to the shows just to watch these guys and maybe happen across a good deal

I'll be there Saturday before the game. To best answer your question ; most of the dealers there will have comparable prices to what you would see in their store, remember, on top of their normal overhead they now have to include the price of their table and any travel expenses in the price of their guns.

The real deals are from individuals who bring a gun to sell, sometimes you might happen upon someone needing cash and get a very good deal but be careful, a lot of the old timers standing around out front know more about firearms than you, me and the good Lord put together. I enjoy going to the shows just to watch these guys and maybe happen across a good deal

There are also some local dealers that only sell at shows for a much better price than what you can find from many of this area's stores. At least one or two that I know of.

I'll be there at 9 with my TGO hat on.

Nice thing about Expo shows is you can escape the crop-dusting. Rapidly. ;)

Edited by Garufa
Guest tnvolfan

First, if you google TN gun shows, it will show you where you can get a $1 off coupon to use on the ticket price ($10 - ouch!).

Yes, there is a lot of stuff that is overpriced, but it is gun Nirvana! You have to take your time and look for the deals. Try to bargain with the dealers, especially if you go Sunday after 2pm. Sometimes dealers will strike a bargain just so they don't have to pack it up. If you go early on Saturday, get your gate stamp high on your arm so it won't wash off when you wash your hands. Then you can get back in on Sunday. You don't have to pay twice.

It opens up at 9am Saturday. The EXPO shows have more dealers that the Chilhowie Shows. Take you kids -- they'll love it. They will have a better time looking at the people than the guns!

ENJOY and SEE YOU THERE!

TNVOLFAN