Any thoughts on a suppressed Ruger Mark III?

Guest Ben

I have a suppressed SBR Mini Uzi and a suppressed .223 Bushmaster SBR and am now looking at a suppressed .22 pistol or rifle.

Do any of you own or have experience with a suppressed Ruger Mark III and would you recommend it?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin Team

I've got a MK III with a Tactical Solutions Pac-Lite upper and Yankee Hill suppressor. It is a pretty solid platform. If I had it to do over again, I would love an integral like the Gem-Tech Oasis, but couldn't find one that was both user-servicable and available for purchase within say - 18 months. People speak well of the John Norrell units and others, but good luck actually buying one. I think you need a note from Congress or something.

User servicability was pretty important to me going in with a .22 unit, and more important now that I've actually got one. With my Yankee Hill Mite, if you haven't lubed your threads with some anti-seize compound you will have significant issues disassembling the can within a couple of hundred shots. The whole setup is a few inches longer than most integral units, but I feel like it will last longer.

If you are going to run the MKIII I definitely recommend the Tactical Solutions upper. It really changes the balance of the pistol. It was pretty good to start with, but I have really been impressed with the addition. Not to mention it drops the weight by about half a pound - which is always good when I drop it in my survival kit.

I put a pair a Crimson Trace grips on mine. I like them pretty well, but if you've already got a micro-Aimpoint I'd give that a run as well.

If you're ever in the Nashville area and want to shoot it, just let me know.

I have a suppressed SBR Mini Uzi and a suppressed .223 Bushmaster SBR and am now looking at a suppressed .22 pistol or rifle.

Do any of you own or have experience with a suppressed Ruger Mark III and would you recommend it?

So when can I come play? haha. I'm glad you asked this because I hope to be picking up a Mark II this weekend and have already been looking at the TacSol uppers. I will go detachable but only because I have several .22's that I shoot frequently.

Guest crotalus01

Hey Ben, I have a YHM Mite on my Walther P22, if we can find time to get together on a Monday at Range USA you are welcome to shoot it to see what the suppression is like. I would guess the suppression would be about the same regardless of the platform (Walther vs Ruger). I really like the Mite although some say they are loud, its lightweight, profile allows use of the factory front sites with no problem, it breaks down for cleaning and its cheap ($250ish plus tax stamp).

Here is a 22/45 MKIII:

P1010033.jpg

Lots of fun suppressed. I have a stainless MKIII as well. All my MKIII's are now 2.5's LOL! Mag safety, LCI, GONE. All have VQ internals as well.

What's so funny, a buddy of mine has a SWR Specter, and it weighs more than the 22/45. We had quite the laugh over that.

Edited by Plunky
Hey Ben, I have a YHM Mite on my Walther P22, if we can find time to get together on a Monday at Range USA you are welcome to shoot it to see what the suppression is like. I would guess the suppression would be about the same regardless of the platform (Walther vs Ruger). I really like the Mite although some say they are loud, its lightweight, profile allows use of the factory front sites with no problem, it breaks down for cleaning and its cheap ($250ish plus tax stamp).

Thanks for the offer. This coming monday I have a holiday (Yom Kippor) but I would like to get totgether on that and see how it fires.

I am also going to drive out to Tunica to see my friends at SNS Suppresors (the guys that made my .223 can). They have a 22/45 integrally suppressed ready to go and I want to shoot it. Anyone that wants to go with me is more than welcome. They are a hoot to hang out with and we can shoot out there as well.

Just let me know

I am also going to drive out to Tunica to see my friends at SNS Suppresors (the guys that made my .223 can). They have a 22/45 integrally suppressed ready to go and I want to shoot it. Anyone that wants to go with me is more than welcome. They are a hoot to hang out with and we can shoot out there as well.

Just let me know

Are you doing that on Monday?

Guest crotalus01

I should be free this coming Monday (28th) in the morning/early afternoon if you want to meet up then just PM or email me (you have my email, just look at my screen name). I am leaving Thursday the 1st to attend Sukkot in Oklahoma and will not be back until Monday the 5th probably very late and have to work the rest of that week.

Everyone seems to count the Omer a bit differently so not sure exactly when your Yom Kippur falls.

At any rate, if it has to happen Monday after next (Oct 12th I think?) thats no problem. I would recommed we go early in the day so there are not many people on the range and you can hear the suppressor ears off. Ears on with others firing you have to look at the target to make sure you fired (no recoil on .22 :))

I have a MkII suppressed by AWC - the Amphibian.

If you don't look at the engravings on the bottom of the barrel, it looks just like a bull barrel pistol. In fact often when I let people shoot it, they don't understand why I'm so excited about it - until after they shoot it. You'll hear the impact of the bullet even in an indoor range.

The only thing I don't do is shoot lead bullets, but it loves CCI mini mags. I have shot it in my back yard in the middle of the day - and I live in the city.

Well, I bought a MKIII, stainless steel and blued, yesterday at guns and ammo. Now I need to decide if I should get a detached suppressor or have my buddies at SNS in Tunica build me an integral.....

If the integral can be cleaned easily, I will go that route. If not....I need to decide soon.

The Ruger is harder to take apart and clean, but you've already bought it!

I have a Mite and an AAC. The AAC is a bit quieter, but it does not come apart to clean like the Mite. They are both quality cans. I killed a mole in my backyard with the Mite on a P22, and the neighbors did not flinch.

Ok, went ahead and got an integral upper from SNS Suppressors, out near tunica, in Walls MS. They make beautiful suppressors and the customer service is great.

In many months, after the Feds approve my paperwork, i will do a video on it for all to see.

• 4 months later...