An open letter to Pres Obama

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ralph G. Briscoe

What's true, according to Snopes, is that the guy it was attributed to did indeed write an open letter to Obama. They did not vouch for the accuracy of it's contents...big difference.

It's a shame Barack's white, midwestern, greatest-generation Grandparents who in large part raised him and imparted their values to him aren't around to answer such accusations.

Speaking of the economic situation, I just read a great article about last fall's near economic collapse ("Eight Days" by James Stewart in the Sept 21st issue of New Yorker). It's a factual account of events, not political, but interesting as hell. Put some things in perspective. Check it out....I'd be interested in your take.

If you read the bottom of the snopes page, you see his personal note to them verifying its' accuracy.

Link to the New Yorker story?

Yeah, i think Ralph is referring to the contents of the letter not to the authorship.

It sounds exactly like a bunch of stuff people said about the last President. Bush was going to start a war with Iran and not leave office because he declared martial law and all. Or so went the prediction.

Weird thing is that what the libs and the cons complain about is 90% the same, sadly neither side will believe it.

Guest SweetSue

An American friend sent me this email yesterday. It was written by a middle-class American woman with a limited family income, who put four daughters through college at significant financial sacrifice to his family. Now, as Barrack Obama keeps reminding the American people, he too grew up in situation where the money was tight; and yet managed to put himself through good and expensive colleges, including Harvard. Obama vaguely attributes his good fortune to the "American dream", but this mother could be justified in doing a little digging. She didn't get many useful answers from watching Fox News, CNN and MSNBC, so she turned to Google for her research. In the course of her investigation, she came across some interesting revelations about Obama's connections - which had no direct relevance to Obama's source of funds - but were interesting nonetheless. Here is her email.

Around 1979 Obama started college at Occidental in California. He is very open about his two years at Occidental; he tried all kinds of drugs and was wasting his time but, even though he had a brilliant mind, did not apply himself to his studies. "Barry" (that was the name he used all his life) during this time had two roommates, Muhammad Hasan Chandoo and Wahid Hamid, both from Pakistan. During the summer of 1981, after his second year in college, he made a "round the world" trip. Stopping to see his mother in Indonesia, next Hyderabad in India, three weeks in Karachi, Pakistan where he stayed with his roommate's family, then off to Africa to visit his father's family. My question - Where did he get the money for this trip? Nether I, nor any one of my children would have had money for a trip like this when they where in college. When he came back he started school at Columbia University in New York. It is at this time he wants everyone to call him Barack - not Barry. Do you know what the tuition is at Columbia? It's not cheap! to say the least. Where did he get money for tuition? Student Loans? Maybe. After Columbia , he went to Chicago to work as a Community Organizer for $12,000. a year. Why Chicago? Why not New York? He was already living in New York.

By "chance" he met Antoin "Tony" Rezko, born in Aleppo, Syria, and a real estate developer in Chicago. Rezko has been convicted of fraud and bribery this year. Rezko, was named "Entrepreneur of the Decade" by the Arab-American Business and Professional Association". About two years later, Obama entered Harvard Law School. Do you have any idea what tuition is for Harvard Law School? Where did he get the money for Law School? More student loans? After Law school, he went back to Chicago. Rezko offered him a job, which he turned down. But, he did take a job with Davis, Miner, Barnhill & Galland. Guess what? They represented "Rezar" which is Rezko's firm. Rezko was one of Obama's first major financial contributors when he ran for office in Chicago. In 2003, Rezko threw an early fundraiser for Obama which Chicago Tribune reporter David Mendelland claims was instrumental in providing Obama with "seed money" for his U.S. Senate race. In 2005, Obama purchased a new home in Kenwoood District of Chicago for $1.65 million (less than asking price). With ALL those Student Loans - Where did he get the money for the property? On the same day Rezko's wife, Rita, purchased the adjoining empty lot for full price. The London Times reported that Nadhmi Auchi, an Iraqi-born Billionaire loaned Rezko $3.5 million three weeks before Obama's new home was purchased. Obama met Nadhmi Auchi many times with Rezko.

Now, we have Obama running for President. Valerie Jarrett, was Michele Obama's boss. She is now Obama's chief advisor and he does not make any major decisions without talking to her first. Where was Jarrett born? Ready for this? Shiraz, Iran! Do we see a pattern here? Or am I going crazy?

On May 10, 2008 The Times reported, Robert Malley, advisor to Obama, was "sacked" after the press found out he was having regular contacts with "Hamas", which controls Gaza and is connected with Iran. This past week, buried in the back part of the papers, Iraqi newspapers reported that during Obama's visit to Iraq, he asked their leaders to do nothing about the war until after he is elected, and he will "Take care of things".

Oh, and by the way, remember the college roommates that where born in Pakistan? They are in charge of all those "small" Internet campaign contribution for Obama. Where is that money coming from? The poor and middle class in this country? Or could it be from the Middle East?

And the final bit of news. On September 7, 2008, The Washington Times posted a verbal slip that was made on "This Week" with George Stephanapoulos. Obama, on talking about his religion said, "My Muslim faith". When questioned, "he said he made a mistake". Some mistake!

All of the above information I got on line. If you would like to check it - Wikipedia, encyclopedia, Barack Obama; Tony Rezko; Valerie Jarrett: Daily Times - Obama visited Pakistan in 1981; The Washington Times - September 7, 2008; The Times May 10, 2008.

Now the BIG question: (If I found out all this information on my own), Why haven't all of our "intelligent" members of the press been reporting this?

Let me clarify that as someone who does not live in the USA and is not an American citizen, I have no axe to grind against either Obama or McCain - nor can I vouch for the veracity of any of the assertions made in the email. Be that as it may, it certainly does provide food for thought. 7456.jpg By Firoze Hirjikaka

Published: 10/10/2008

Ads by Google

Virginia's Next Governor

Creigh Deeds Would Raise Taxes Learn About Deeds Gas Tax Plan

NoGoodDeeds.org

Home Affordable Program

Learn the Home Affordable Program. Free Analysis and Prequalification.

TheMod-Squad.com/

SweetSue:

All or none of that may be true. I would be wary about putting too much trust into the mass-forward e-mails.

Do you have any outside verification for those claims and statements above?

Guest SweetSue

No I honestly don't. I read it though and agreed with her,"it's food for thought". Just passing it on. Love your bunnies. I have the same cartoon and post it on the fridge,every Easter. Get a lot of laughs.

Guest SweetSue

And the final bit of news. On September 7, 2008, The Washington Times posted a verbal slip that was made on "This Week" with George Stephanapoulos. Obama, on talking about his religion said, "My Muslim faith". When questioned, "he said he made a mistake". Some mistake.

I looked this part up in the Washington Times archives and ,it is true. Will see what else I can find.

Guest SweetSue

dex_728x500_b.jpg

• <LI class=first>
BIG NEWS:
Barack Obama
|
Bill Clinton
|
Civil Rights
|
Health Care
|

Sustainability| More...

817-grey.gif spacer.gif

| Logout

The Huffington PostSeptember 26, 2009

snn_lightbox_close1.gif

Connects.png

search%3Fhl%3Den%26q%3Dvalerie+jarrett+shiraz+iran%26revid%3D2127142638%26ei%3DDQO-SpKpJtLf8AaPoYGtAQ%26sa%3DX%26oi%3Drevisions_inline%26resnum%3D0%26ct%3Dbroad-revision%26cd%3D2&false

Your request is being processed...

huffpo_logo_lightbox_beta.png

[/url]

ajax-loader.gif

headshot.jpg

Jason Linkins

jason@huffingtonpost.com | HuffPost Reporting

Become a Fan Get Email Alerts from this Reporter

icon_rss.png

World Net Daily Targets Valerie Jarrett

digg facebook.gif Huffpost - World Net Daily Targets Valerie Jarrett stumble reddit del.ico.us ShareThisicon_rss.png

First Posted: 09-10-09 05:38 PM | Updated: 09-11-09 10:51 AM

I Like ItI Don’t Like It

Read More: Barack Obama, Fairness Doctrine, Fearmongering, Glenn Beck, Mark Lloyd, Valerie Jarrett, Worldnetdaily, Politics News

digg-submit.pngBe the First to Submit

This Story to Digg Buzz up!

s-OBAMA-large.jpg

email.gif

Get Breaking News Alerts

never spam

In this past Sunday's liveblog, I made note of the fact that Fox News contributor Bill Kristol "set up Valerie Jarrett as the right's next target of insane hounding." And lo, as predicted, here are your friends at World Net Daily leading the way:

Was she? WAS SHE? World Net Daily sure thinks so! There's no real attempt to divine crypto-Communism from Valerie Jarrett's own words, actions, or opinions, other than the fact that she supported the appointment of Van Jones. Instead, they assert that Jarrett's "family background and her initial introduction to Obama may tie her to [Van] Jones' radical ideology." And then, what follows is a laundry list of people associated with Jarrett's father-in-law and places where he might have encountered liberal people.

The best part of the article is the way it seamlessly shifts from alarmist concern that Valerie Jarrett might be connected in some way to known Communists to alarmist concern that Valerie Jarrett might be connected in some way to known black people!

In other words: BETTER DEAD THAN RED, ER...BLACK...UHM...RED, no...uhm...CHECKERBOARD COLOR!

In other news, there's mounting suspicion that

. Conservatives are driven by the fear that Lloyd, having co-authored an article titled "The Structural Imbalance Of Political Talk Radio" may want to reinstate the so-called "Fairness Doctrine." Over the past year, I've labored hard to explain just how totally, totally, totally, unfounded and bogus these fears are. But make no mistake! Mark Lloyd may not want to reimpose a failed piece of legislation that nobody wants to see reinstated, but, like Jarrett, he is very connected to black people!

[Would you like to follow me on Twitter? Because why not? Also, please send tips to -- learn more about our media monitoring project here.]

Barack Obama
Glenn Beck

In this past Sunday's liveblog, I made note of the fact that Fox News contributor Bill Kristol "set up Valerie Jarrett as the right's next target of insane hounding." And lo, as predicted, here are y...

In this past Sunday's liveblog, I made note of the fact that Fox News contributor Bill Kristol "set up Valerie Jarrett as the right's next target of insane hounding." And lo, as predicted, here are y...

Related News On Huffington Post: s-DOBBS-mini.jpg Dobbs To Rally Anti-Immigrant Fans On Capitol Hill On September 15 and 16, Lou Dobbs is scheduled to once again broadcast his radio show from Capitol Hill as part of the "Hold Their...

s-MARK-FOLEY-mini.jpg Mark Foley To Host Talk Radio Show WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — There's a surprising new voice in the world of political talk radio as former U.S. Rep. Mark Foley returns to...

s-TEA-PARTY-mini.jpg Angry Populism Could Save The GOP Republican strategists are excited about the possibility that the GOP could benefit from a rising tide of populist resentment over the massive government bailout of...

s-DOBBS-mini.jpg Dobbs To Rally Anti-Immigrant Fans On Capitol Hill On September 15 and 16, Lou Dobbs is scheduled to once again broadcast his radio show from Capitol Hill as part of the "Hold Their...

s-MARK-FOLEY-mini.jpg Mark Foley To Host Talk Radio Show WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — There's a surprising new voice in the world of political talk radio as former U.S. Rep. Mark Foley returns to...

Angry Populism Could Save The GOP Republican strategists are excited about the possibility that the GOP could benefit from a rising tide of populist resentment over the massive government bailout of...

Read more from Huffington Post bloggers:

Michael D. Brown: Talk Radio Inciting Violence? What Happened to Listener Discernment?

More in Politics...

Flashback: Students Sang Bush's Praises Too (And...

s-BARACK-OBAMA-small.jpgBarack Obama's Smile Never Changes (VIDEO)

s-GLENN-BECK-TWITTER-small.jpgGlenn Beck's Tweets -- Post-Modern Poetic Genius...

Enjoy This Dramatic Reading Of Peggy Noonan's...

If I find something,incorrect through out my research,I'll post it. Doing it the way I am,finding out what is correct... will take up too much thread space.

Guest Ralph G. Briscoe
If you read the bottom of the snopes page, you see his personal note to them verifying its' accuracy.

Link to the New Yorker story?

Sorry, don't have a link and don't know if New Yorker has it online.

I have the mag and will get it to you if you're interested.