Shooting and Advanced Training

Guest Grizzly Johnson

Guest Grizzly Johnson

Since I am new to all this, how often do you guys get together and go to a range or where ever and shoot? Where are some good places close to the Tullahoma/Estill/Winchester areas? There seems to be alot of events and things happening and was just wondering how often you guys participated in those kinds of things. Also what about things I have read about training like the force on force, pistol fighting, and shotgun fighting? Are these classes for everyday people or just LEO, Military, S.W.A.T. kinds of people. I have read quite a few posted threads in what little time I have been here on TGO, and you guys seem to be a good group of people, I look forward to maybe shooting with some of you guys sometime, especially if I can decide on my next "toy".

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

I think most of the Force on Force training that you read about here are classes that were open to the public for a fee. While I am sure that they provide a reasonably good experience that the average Joe may not ever have had exposure to otherwise (without really getting shot at) I seriously doubt that they provide the same level of training that the professionals enjoy.

And by that I mean SWAT teams, special warfare groups and maybe even the occasional regular LEO. I don't recall hearing many regular Army infantry grunts talking about FOF training other than so-called laser tag. I'm probably wrong about that, though.

As for getting together to shoot, that does happen. I've been trying to organize a middle TN shoot but work and other things outside of the Internet have been pressing down on me and making it difficult to do. I'm to the point of handing that task off to the first person who volunteers to make it happen.

I have been interested in the IDPA and the other one (that I can't remember the initials to right now) as a form of practice and of learning form others. I just simply don't have the time right now though. Maybe after March...

I would like to learn to shoot better on the move, faster tactical reloads, and a quicker presentation. But for now it's just practice what I can when I can. :koolaid: A Middle Tn shoot would be great, but i am slammed for the rest of year.