October Mid-Tenn shoot

Please RSVP for a 10/31/09 (Halloween Saturday) meet n' shoot  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Please RSVP for a 10/31/09 (Halloween Saturday) meet n' shoot

• Yes I can make it.
    • Yes I can make it... plus I'm bringing guest(s)

EDIT: what day?? SAT or SUN??

Same place Old Owl Hollow range

11:00 to 2:00 Official TGO time. If you want to stay longer or show up earlier you need to take it up with Charlie.

BE THERE OR BE SQUARE!!!

The usual rules & direcyions.

Cost to shoot as a guest is $5.00 per person. You must supply your own eye and ear protection, paper targets and target hanging materials.

Rifle lanes require a heavy duty stapler and cardboard to hang targets to the backstops. The handgun pit requires cardboard, stapler and/or heavy tape to hang targets from the backstop.

Recommend that you bring insect repellent and bottled water or soft drinks. Alcohol is not allowed! Weather dependent, also bring sunscreen and/or shoes that you don't mind getting muddy and dirty. This is an OUTDOOR range.

Directions To Owl Hollow Shooting Range

Range is located approximately 10 miles south of downtown Franklin, Tennessee in Williamson county. From I-65 South/North take the Peytonsville Road exit, #61; go West about .7 mile to the red light at South US 431 (Lewisburg Pike); turn South (towards Lewisburg) onto US 431 and go approximately 6.5 miles to Owl Hollow Road; turn west onto Owl Hollow Road; the range is located approximately 1.1 miles on the left side of the road.

Approximate GPS Coordinates for those with GPS devices: Latitude 35.7606 N ; Longitude -86.8571 W

*** There will not be an organized lunch connected to this month's get together ***

Important Update Regarding Owl Hollow:

As many of you know, the Owl Hollow Gun Club no longer has the lease for the shooting range. The range is now being run by the landowner. The landowner is fine with us continuing to meet there during the summer provided that we police ourselves and ensure that everyone is being safe and responsible.

Some changes that should be mentioned are:

There is now only the 25yd pistol pit. The short pistol pit has been closed down as of this writing. Only handgun calibers may be shot in the pistol pit. Centerfire rifle calibers may not. We did shoot some defensive shotgun (12ga) in the pistol pit yesterday and the owner did not appear to have a problem with that.

Full auto weapons are not allowed to be fired in full auto. If you have a full auto, you can bring it and shoot it but you have to stay in single fire mode.

Rapid firing is permissible as long as it is kept in 3-round, controlled strings. Bump firing is forbidden.

Anyone doing anything unsafe will be asked to leave. Period.

Edited by xd shooter
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JHatmaker

This may be one of the last few months of the year for a Mid-TN meet and shoot. Next weekend is the only time I could make it. Got 2nd or None (and Alabama's homecoming for me) on the 17th; Bama v UT on the 24th (I'll be there); and then Halloween.

How about we have it on the 31st and everyone has to wear a costume??

Guest Schmootika

Can't make it this weekend and the next I will be at the Second or None thing with my little one. Damnit....and I wanted to put some holes in some zombie targets. :D

• Administrator
Maybe David will bring some more Zombie targets if we shoot on Halloween!

I'm down for a November shoot but I won't likely be able to make it in October. Quite literally every single weekend this month is already committed to something else. :koolaid:

Guest JHatmaker
So what about it. Is Halloween the day?

Jason, can you put up a poll or something for the 31st?

Wish I could, but I can only work my magic in the Handguns forum.

David, would you be so kind to create a poll asking if folks would show up for a Halloween shoot? Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...