Meeting with my State Rep next week, need suggestions on how to fix the laws

+1 on the universal sign rule and if the sign does not equal what the law requires, no issue for the permit holder.

Perhaps a law change differentiating bars (over 51% alcohol sales) and restaurants might be a good idea.

Have the TBI investigate the Bloomberg tape for violations (ie buying firearms under false pretense, interference with TBI investigations, buying firearms illegally to be sent across state lines, private investigators not licensed within the state of TN) and see if this "investigation" violated state laws...

Have him write legislation underscoring the LEGAL and LAWFUL right for citizens to sell their private property (ie me selling my firearm to another citizen...)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I met with Ryan this morning and had a great meeting. He agreed with what I presented him, bu wasn't sure what he (or anyone) would be able to get done this session due to how much the media whined over the restaurant and parks bill. However, he liked that what I brought him was more "underground" type changes that would not be very noticeable when compared to this past session. I let him know the biggest two changes I would like to see is that the signs for a legal posting HAVE to be the wording listed in the TN code with the wording depending on if it's banned on property or just a building. Also, make it not a crime if the correct signs are not posted where they are required. That would really help with issue of carrying past a unlawful sign.

Matthew

Guest HexHead
So I met with Ryan this morning and had a great meeting. He agreed with what I presented him, bu wasn't sure what he (or anyone) would be able to get done this session due to how much the media whined over the restaurant and parks bill. However, he liked that what I brought him was more "underground" type changes that would not be very noticeable when compared to this past session. I let him know the biggest two changes I would like to see is that the signs for a legal posting HAVE to be the wording listed in the TN code with the wording depending on if it's banned on property or just a building. Also, make it not a crime if the correct signs are not posted where they are required. That would really help with issue of carrying past a unlawful sign.

That would be great if for no other reason than to make that ******* Rayburn replace his stupid cutesy "Guns NEVER, Free parking ALWAYS" sign.

**** him and the horse he rode in on.

Guest jackdm3

Matthew

"However, he liked that what I brought him was more "underground" type changes that would not be very noticeable when compared to this past session."

While I agree that we need to get the laws in our favor, statements like these reek of 11th hour sneak-ins from congress. I'd like to stay away from this hypocracy.

While I agree that we need to get the laws in our favor, statements like these reek of 11th hour sneak-ins from congress. I'd like to stay away from this hypocracy.

I think you misunderstood both what Ryan and I want. I agree with him that we don't want laws to be brought up this session that the media and all the liberals focus on and don't get passed because of the pressure-especially in an election year that hopefully will keep, and maybe make a few seats more conservative. I would love to have a no permit open carry law or even a no permit period law, but that ain't going to happen and it would probably only hurt trying to get laws like that passed in the future (not to mention that the SC hearing next year about Chicago may help us). It's a year where hopefully a ton of SMALL steps will be made. They are things that will hopefully go unnoticed by the anti's and will give us a lot more freedom in carrying and defense to the law.

Matthew

I've had similar conversations with one or two Reps in this area. They both indicated that the parking lot bill will almost assuredly come up, and will require a lot of work a la the restaurants bill to gain passage. Outside of that, they seemed to think that other efforts would largely consist of tweaking/correcting flaws discovered in existing legislation.

Small steps. Thats how many of the overarching situations arose, and unfortunately is how most of them will have to be resolved.

Guest HexHead
They are things that will hopefully go unnoticed by the anti's and will give us a lot more freedom in carrying and defense to the law.

When does anything go "unnoticed" by those busybodies?