TGO Monthly Shooting Contest - October 2009

Guest JHatmaker

Guest JHatmaker

Here is the October Shooting Contest information. Remember, you can win free ammo!!

1.) Be safe!

2.) Must use the target below (follow link for printable target); also write your screen name, gun, ammo, date etc. on the target.

3.) Your submitted target must have 10 shots only on it. Best ten shot group wins. If you take 20 targets to the range that day and choose the best target of the 20, fine by me. Only one can be submitted per contestant per month, though. (If you wish, you may submit a target for each caliber if you chose to shoot more than one gun, but only one taget per caliber per month per person)

4.) Unless otherwise stated, we will not be shooting from a rest.

5.) No pistol magnification scopes (red dot's ok)

6.) To submit your entry, take a photo of your target (and because we love guns, have your gun in the picture, too so we can drool over your glocks, 1911's, CZ's, revolvers, etc.). Submit the photo in the thread for the month. If you have questions about uploading photos, feel free to ask. A number of people can help.

7.) Past winners will be immortalized in a "hall of fame" list in each monthly thread for all to marvel at.

8.) Entry's due the last day of the month, by 11:59PM and 59 seconds. Winners will be announced within a day or two.

9.) There will be two divisions....centerfire pistols and rimfire/.22 pistols. You can shoot in either of those categories or both. It makes no difference to me. Just submit a different target for each if you want to do both. And please mark on your target if it's a rimfire submission.

Within those two divisions will be a women's division as well (not that men are better shots or anything).

IMPORTANT - Please feel free to congradulate and encourage everyone on their shooting when you submit targets, all I ask is that if you do reply to someone's post, please DO NOT include the picture of their target, this makes it harder for me to go through all the submissions to determine the winner. Thanks for understanding!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*The person who has the most wins (men and women) at the end of the year will each receive 2 boxes (100 rounds) of target ammo on me (upon availibility/pistol ammo only/I choose brand/Rimfire winner gets .22LR ammo). I'll mail ammo for those located in either West of East Tennessee. In the event of a tie, the scores from each month will be added to create a final score; if a tie continures after that, we will have a "shoot-off" with 2 targets per person, 5 shots each, one target shot at with right hand, one target shot at with left hand. If a tie STILL exists, we'll have a good ole' fashioned dual, and whoever is the last one standing wins. If both fall I keep the ammo

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's the target for this competition:

http://www.mrcine.org/downloads/online_target.pdf

October Rules:

1) 7 yards

2) Two handed, rapid fire (no pausing b/t shots)/10 shots (revolvers use whatever you got) PLEASE, BE SAFE! IF YOUR RANGE DOES NOT ALLOW RAPID FIRE DRILLS, DO NOT ATTEMPT. IF YOU ARE NEW AT SHOOTING, DO NOT ATTEMPT. Don't blame the guy on the Internet with the contest if you put a bullet through the range's ceiling panel(s)...

3) Post a picture of the target and gun together

Good luck, have fun, and be safe!

Previous Month's Winners

April 2009 Winner = Kano

May 2009 Winners = SigGrl and Tiny G

June Winners = BigShot and Jason F

July 2009 Winners= mk19 and 56FordGuy

August 2009 Winners = Kano and Westwindmike

October 2009 Winner = mjnsx07

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang, I forgot. It was my wifes S&W Model 66 4" revolver. Same gun I used in last months match. Trigger is like "BUTTA".

Gray

This is my photo from previous. Ignore the target, just focus on the gun.

3931655334_11ae479abc_m.jpg

Edited by stahlmangc
I forgot to add a photo.
Guest nascar22

I'm only posting my centerfire results because I promised myself I would. It took me 3 tries to get this one! I figured it wasn't going to get any better and you would agree if you could have seen the first two tries.

shootingcontest001.jpg

I'm only posting my centerfire results because I promised myself I would. It took me 3 tries to get this one! I figured it wasn't going to get any better and you would agree if you could have seen the first two tries.

shootingcontest001.jpg

There's gotta be more than 10 holes in that one! :)

Nice shootin'

9.) There will be two divisions....centerfire pistols and rimfire/.22 pistols. You can shoot in either of those categories or both. It makes no difference to me. Just submit a different target for each if you want to do both. And please mark on your target if it's a rimfire submission.

Within those two divisions will be a women's division as well (not that men are better shots or anything).

I believe there should be a change done to this rule, since now people can use red-dots. 4 catagories, would be more approperiate. 1: center fire pistols iron sights 2: rimfired pistols iron sights 3: center fired pistols open sight (red-dot/laser) 4: rim fire pistols open sight (red-dot/laser).

this evens out the palying field for every one, and more people are willing to participate. just my :down:

Edited by mk19
Guest JHatmaker

Dig the FNP-9! Just got one in their tan color. One of the finest shooting 9mm's I've ever owned...

Guest JHatmaker

I believe there should be a change done to this rule, since now people can use red-dots. 4 catagories, would be more approperiate. 1: center fire pistols iron sights 2: rimfired pistols iron sights 3: center fired pistols open sight (red-dot/laser) 4: rim fire pistols open sight (red-dot/laser).

this evens out the palying field for every one, and more people are willing to participate. just my :rolleyes:

I don't have enough money to buy ammo for the winners of all of those divisions ;) And there's just not enough participation as it is for that many divisions. Really, looking at the particpation so far, we technically have too many divisions as it is. All SigGrl has to do to win the women's divsion is make sure no other women enter, and she wins (for just shooting on month) We'll never be able to please everyone, and I want folks to be involved.

As far as sights, etc go, I personally don't think there's that much more of an advantage with red-dots, lasers, etc at the distances we're shooting. I could be wrong...I've just never been more accurate at the range with a laser vs. without it. Also, red-dots help some of our elder shooters who might not even be able to use iron sights to focus. There's just too many variables.

Next year I'll make some changes, probably take away the prize, and just have one division; shoot whatever you want, any caliber, etc. That way it won't be as serious and just strictly be for fun. We'll see.

I do appreciate the input though. We'll keep evolving this thing, one way or another. :(

Guest JHatmaker
Makes sense, hey wait ammo ?? now there is incentive to shoot :D

I thouhgt the whole thing was for bragging rights not for ammo :D

For both! Winner of each division gets 2 boxes of ammo.

I went out the first week of the month but the contest rules weren't up .. :cool:

Gotta collect some debts to get ammo for next month . . dang it, these monthly contest are draining the bank.

But it is nice for a new shooter like me to have a reason to go to the range once a month. :P

Guest nascar22
Dig the FNP-9! Just got one in their tan color. One of the finest shooting 9mm's I've ever owned...

I wanted the tan when I found mine.

The ergonomics make it a treat to shoot. It fits my hand with the small backstrap perfect and it just "feels right"

• 2 weeks later...