Opinion on 226 trade.

res308

I'm gonna take an informal poll here. Mods, don't take this as a sale ad. If I make a decision on this I'll post it in classifieds.

Opinions: What kind of handgun package do ya'll think I could trade my Sig226 9mm for? According to the serial number, it should be about a 1990 issue. I know some folks like the older ones better than the new ones. It's in good shape and has 3 15 round SigSauer mags with it.

I'm thinking of doing this, but unsure of the value vs. whatever trade. I was sort of thinking of a Glock 17 or 34 or maybe 17L. Dunno yet. I wouldn't give it away of course. I'd want a good solid package in return, perhaps 3 or 4 Glocks :usa: (joke).

Tell me what your thoughts are or advice is. I'll make a decision shortly and place it in classifieds afterward. Keep in mind that it's gonna hurt my feelings to let it go, but I'm doing this for logistical purposes. In other words, I wouldn't trade it for just anything.

Thanks

Edited to add:

OR!

I've become so fond of shooting and carrying my Beretta 92FS, I might consider trading the Sig 226 for another 92FS, as long as the 92 is in reeeeely good shape!

Edited by res308
More info
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mjnsx07

I think you could do even trade on glocks.

Are you a sig guy? If so, don't trade it for a Glock.

I used to have 34 in 9mm and 20 in 10mm and did not like them at all. I ended up trading for a GGI tuned Sig and a HK P2000.

I hated the grip angle and trigger.

IMO, I would keep it

Edited by mjnsx07
misspelling

Definately equal value for the guns your looking at, I personally will not sell anymore of my Sigs!!! The 226 is a great gun, however a Glock G19 is on my to buy list along with a P238. IMO, keep your Sig and save your pennies to buy the glock!!! COOP

Guest JHatmaker

Love the 92 FS as well, but the P226 has become one of my favorite pistols. I have 2 226's and if I can find a Blackwater at a decent price I'll add another. Just love 'em!

Yup, you're right. Kinda came to that decision not long after I made this post. I've decided to forget about trading for a Glock. Even though they're good pistols, I do believe I'd regret that. I may have an opportunity next week on a very nice 92.

Having both brands and knowing both sig and glock are great, it seems that sigs are increasing in value faster and at larger rates than the glocks. Depending on the sig's condition you may want to ask for some cash with the acquistion of a 92. I also have no qualm with Beretta saying this, I just don't see the prices climbing with 92's like the sigs. I couldn't buy mine used for the price I paid new a while ago.

Edited by deafdogdief
Added stuff.