Supressor talk.

Guest Gun Geek

Guest Gun Geek

Perhaps I am paranoid, As I was reading the Full Auto AK thread it sparked a memory. But a friend of mine and I were sitting at a bar having a beer, this guy starts talking with us and in a round about way finds out that my buddy is a mechanic and that we are into guns and the 2A. The guy just doesnt stop talking about anything and everything, quite a blabber mouth. Then he starts hinting at a machine shop & mechanical knowledge would be a good thing to make cylindrical objects for guns. He wouldnt come right out and say it but he was trying to get us to make suppressors, of course we are not stupid so we told him that its illegal without the proper licenses etc etc. Every time one of us went outside to smoke he followed and got on his cell phone. And not the occasional oh I have to make a phone call too, but every time I went out (I smoke a lot). I don't know it seemed like a set up to me, he was too forward and outgoing for talking to strangers.

STRANGER DANGER. :D

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest crotalus01

Perfectly legal to make your own suppressor as long as you file the appropriate paperwork, pay the tax and get the approved forms back before you begin manufacturing.

Guest Gun Geek

That was pretty much what we told him. Not really being tinfoil type of thing but come on who talks about that? Especially to a perfect stranger. And I am not scared or worried by any means, I just wanted some outside opinion on it. Either the guy was a complete *(&^*& or someone was testing.