Any out of state hunts this year?

Guest GunTroll

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GunTroll

Whiskey, bummer you didn't connect with your deer. Sounds like you hunted hard and paid your dues. The rain was the same for me as well. Sun-Wed was difficult. I saw plenty of deer moving however during the rain if I stayed focused enough to spot movement. I did think they moved late too. I thought they were slow to move in the AM as well. I think its harder to spot deer in the rain.

I passed several 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 year old bucks that were chasing does. A nice 3 1/2 with a broken G2 that will be nice next year if he makes it. On Friday night I made the decision to go ahead and fill my doe tag if no shooter buck appeared. I got a mature dry sack doe. I usually wait to harvest does until after the buck tag is filled but this one needed to go. She was 10 feet from the base of my tree and I put her down with a single neck shot.

Saturday was my last day to hunt and fill my buck tag. I got the opportunity to hunt my wife's uncles land last year and harvested a nice 3 1/2 year old 11 point. (see post your pictures) This uncle let me go back to the same stand that produced last year. I saw a doe come out at 80 yards a little passed dawn and got bummed that no buck was in tow. Just when my heart sunk I saw a glimpse of white. This is my chance. The last words the uncle told me were " as big or bigger than last year". The in-laws are serious about QDM. I let the 350 REM MAG rip! This is my best buck yet. I got a quartering away shot on him at 100 yards. I got liver, one lung, and heart on him. I retrieved the bullet in the left shoulder.

What is truly the best thing about this dear is the age and size. I love the challenge of old wise bucks! The rack isn't the biggest in length or points. It is however very thick. The mass is unreal. He is a mainframe 9 with three additional inch or better points. His weight on the hoof was guessed to be about 220 lbs. His neck was just huge. He is a 5 1/2 year old and is truly in his prime. He isn't gonna get any better than now and I am honored that God let me take him.

1121090724.jpg

1121090738.jpg

1121090915.jpg

Sorry for the crappy phone pics. I haven't got back my camera yet to post better pics of the deer.

Edited by GunTroll
I can't spell
Guest Jcochran88
Whiskey, bummer you didn't connect with your deer. Sounds like you hunted hard and paid your dues. The rain was the same for me as well. Sun-Wed was difficult. I saw plenty of deer moving however during the rain if I stayed focused enough to spot movement. I did think they moved late too. I thought they were slow to move in the AM as well. I think its harder to spot deer in the rain.

I passed several 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 year old bucks that were chasing does. A nice 3 1/2 with a broken G2 that will be nice next year if he makes it. On Friday night I made the decision to go ahead and feel my doe tag if no shooter buck appeared. I got a mature dry sack doe. I usually wait to harvest does until after the buck tag is filled but this one needed to go. She was 10 feet from the base of my tree and I put her down with a single neck shot.

Saturday was my last day to hunt and fill my buck tag. I got the opportunity to hunt my wife's uncles land last year and harvested a nice 3 1/2 year old 11 point. (see post your pictures) This uncle let me go back to the same stand that produced last year. I saw a doe come out at 80 yards a little passed dawn and got bummed that no buck was in tow. Just when my heart sunk I saw a glimpse of white. This is my chance. The last words the uncle told me were " as big or bigger than last year". The in-laws are serious about QDM. I let the 350 REM MAG rip! This is my best buck yet. I got a quartering away shot on him at 100 yards. I got liver, one lung, and heart on him. I retrieved the bullet in the left shoulder.

What is truly the best thing about this dear is the age and size. I love the challenge of old wise bucks! The rack isn't the biggest is length. It is however very thick. The mass is unreal. He is a mainframe 9 with three additional inch or better points. His weight on the hoof was guessed to be about 220 lbs. His neck was just huge. He is a 5 1/2 year old and is truly in his prime. He isn't gonna get any better than now and I am honored that God let me take him.

1121090724.jpg

1121090738.jpg

1121090915.jpg

Sorry for the crappy phone pics. I haven't got back my camera yet to post better pics of the deer.

Very nice!!

Guest GunTroll
Awesome Guntroll. I am glad you had better results than me. That is an awesome deer. Anytime you can take a 5 year old deer, it is a huge accomplishment. I am glad you got deer and had a good hunt.

Next year I am hunting with you. :rolleyes:

Thanks man.

Very nice deer Gun Troll. Where was he killed?

Almost dead center of Missouri. City of Fayette, Howard county, MO.