Obama related to all U.S. Presidents except one.

Very strange :)

7th-Grader: Obama, Most US Presidents Related

Girl, Grandfather Allegedly Create First President Family Tree Chart

SALINAS, Calif. -- A seventh-grader and her 80-year-old grandfather are allegedly the first people to discover that President Barack Obama is related to all other U.S. presidents except one.BridgeAnne d'Avignon, who attends Monte Vista Christian School in Watsonville, traced that Obama, and all other U.S. presidents except Martin Van Buren, are related to John "Lackland" Plantagenet, a king of England and signer of the Magna Carta.

21404514_240X180.jpg

The student and her grandfather, who is a genealogist, spent this past summer designing the first known family tree chart in history that shows the presidents' direct relationship. BridgeAnne's grandfather has researched president genealogy for 60 years."I'm very glad I got this done, and I think it will turn out to be a success," BridgeAnne said.BridgeAnne has written to Obama, who she has concluded is her own 11th cousin, in hopes that she will get a chance to present the president with the chart.BridgeAnne's U.S. Presidents Family Tree is set to be on display Oct. 28 at the Monte Vista Christian School. LINK

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jackdm3

I used to think that it was cool that I was related to Daniel Boone through his oldest sister, but it appears almost everyone is related to him. Do you know what that means? The bulk of the TGO community are my cousins. So when is your next family reunion and what's on the grill?

Guest jackdm3
If you believe in the whole Adam & Eve theory then yes, we are all related.

If you believe in the alternative, then chances are that we are all related somehow.

It really says something about the dumbing down of decendents. What with all the inbreeding and such. Our current existence is quite explanatory. I mean all Adam had to do was stick it in her coochie, and it's/we're all downhill from there. Our ancestor monkeys were actually smarter than us! :P

Guest mosinon

I once had a bulldog that was related to Uga. Bulldogs aren't like other dogs, you won't understand that until you own one. I still miss that dog.

Sadly, because he was related to Uga I felt the need to ignore him every year during the Georgia game.

Turns out that bulldogs are such a small population in the US that you probably can't get one that isn't related to Uga.

The same thing kind of holds true for humans. Sure there are a lot of us but the genetic flow is pretty liberal (so to speak). Check this The Straight Dope: 2, 4, 8, 16 ... how can you always have MORE ancestors as you go back in time?

For the record adamween that picture of me is copyrighted! How dare you use it!

Edited by mosinon
added lame ass joke
Guest Ghostrider

Reminds me of the difference between ignorance an apathy.

Who knows, and who cares?

I doubt I'd brag about being related to the worst president, ever....

Guest Dragonman

Where did they get such a story the Enquirer? What a load of horse:poop:. First thing that came to my mind was that George Washington had no heirs.

Oh I also forgot that since we're in Tennessee that everybody that has had family here for a couple generations is related to Jesse James too.