S&W m&p 15-22 opinions

tacturtle

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FortyFive2Life

I JUST traded for one, it looks very nice but haven't had a chance to get it out and run it yet, maybe tomorrow. I've read nothing but positive praise for this rifle, I'm pumped to have it! Here's an article I read about it a few months ago, good info to be found:

http://www.tacticalgunfan.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=580&Itemid=1

Edited by FortyFive2Life
added article

I think its a great gun. I really like that the bolt locks back on an empty mag via bolt lock instead of just getting blocked by the mag follower such as my CMMG kit does. I think S&W really put together something that's going to do quite well. Although it's made mostly of plastic I think its more durable that the Colt version. If I didn't already have a flawless-running conversion kit I'd get an MP 15-22.

LOVE MINE! a screaming deal on a fantastic rifle.

this is a 1:1 scale of my duty rifle, it's a bit lighter but w/ the BHO and the charging handle, the fast and postive mag changes (well made mags too) a solic TC barrel that will shoot one ragged hole at 75 yds.

can change to any milspec stock, can drop in any milspec or better FCG.

had the colt. sold it. no comparison.

considered a conversion or upper, agree w/ above, a dedicated trainer for the same price as the upper is a good deal.

and have younguns that can and will train with this rifle. not to mention that i could hand this to my 10 year old and she could easily cover a rear door and certainly discourage any unwelcome entry with ease.

this rifle absolutely rocks in every way.

Guest FortyFive2Life

Well I've had it to the range twice now. LOVE this gun. Like the poster above me said, shoots big ragged holes in targets :rolleyes: I put a red dot scope on it, and even without having it dialed in well it still shoots very tight groups. Today I put another 150 rounds through it without a single issue, including two full mags at rapid fire (50 rounds total) and not a blip.

I'm not real good with the photos, but here's mine:

2e5v0jq.jpg

OK guys got mine. Out to the range to try the new toy and I talk my 16 yr old daughter to go. Now the test, I have some Rem golden bullet 36g HP bulk pak notorious for failure to discharge and/or feed. I also take along a bulk pak of Fed .22 auto target just in case. Well I shoot first mag no problems. Then I get my "not interested daughter "to try in out. She starts shooting after brief directions from me. We start out shooting thin 6oz. pineapple juice cans at 25 yds ;she starts out slow and then gets the hang of it. Then I move them to 40 yds and she is hitting them without much trouble. I mean she is exploding the cans and its flying 2-3ft in the air. She says this is FUN ! I never get to shoot it again. We shoot about 250 rds with about 5 failures. I found this out, load mags one bullet at a time. Insert bullets all the way to the back of the mag. The back rims of the bullets must stack on top of each other and not overlap. Also the bullets should tilt upward slightly in the mag. IT IS A FUN GUN AND VERY ACCURATE !!! Buy before the prices increase to over $500; I paid $450 at my local gun dealer.:stunned:

• 2 weeks later...

I miss shooting my AR with the price of .223 and the fact it is a pain, compared to pistol rounds to reload I've not had it out in months. I looked one of these S&W .22s over at Fugates last weekend and wondered how folks liked them, well this thread answered that question! As a fun range toy it looks like it would be hard to beat, time to start saving my pennies again!

Over 1500 rounds with very few issues. As noted above, most issues related to OE, failing to load the mags correctly. Worth buying at least 2 extra mags so you don't spend all day loading.