Needing advice and/or opinions

Guest benchpresspower

Guest benchpresspower

Getting the "itch" again and this time I am pondering on something along the lines of an MP5.

I know H&K manufactured the original and in full auto (don't know about semi) but I found a company called American Tactical Imports which has a GSG-5 (German Sports Guns). Shoots .22lr and comes in 22 or 10 round capacity. Anyone have any experience with these? Or should I dump the idea and possibly just go with a 10/22?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I have heard the GSG-5 is rather airsoft-ish. But they are a fun range toy. However they will no longer be imported since H&K sued them. So if you want one, get it now!

Honestly I would say go with the 10/22. But in the end it really depends what you want.

Guest JHatmaker

I've always wanted to get one. The fit and finish seems to be pretty good. Who know's, with the recent announcement of them not being imported, they may become a collectors item....sort of...

Not only not imported, they aren't being made at all anymore.

HK DID release a semi-automatic version of the MP5 with a >16" barrel, but I would presume that you would have a major problem finding one.

The GSG-5 has nothing in common with a "MP5" besides looks. That said, I have one and its a fun little range gun. HK did make a semi auto MP5 style rifle. The HK94 and SP89. HK quit importing these some years ago. Therefore they bring big $$$ ($2500+). There are MP5 clones out there. Bobcat Weapons, Vector Arms, and Coharie Arms have all made MP5 style guns. A clone from one of these companies will run you $1500+. Vulcan Arms made a clone but its nothing like a MP5 in function. Here is a picture of my Bobcat Weapons clone (SBR).

MP5clone015.jpg

Guest Traumaslave

HK Pro is the place to look into anything related to HK. Fantastic forum with out all the BS ya can get around here. Strict Moderation.

I am an HK nut and have a 91 (G3) and a SBR 94 (MP5) in rifles and a USP compact. Both rifles are clones as I'm not that rich.

The GSGs are nice for playing around with but, you had better get one quick since there aren't going to be anymore imported. GSG also makes an AK in .22LR.

Guest GunTroll

My first thought of when a manufacturer and or importer stops production or exporting of a firearm(s) is...... are parts going to be available down the road when you need them? I would think there will be a supply for a while, but for how long?