Greetings from Clinton,TN

Hello,

Just signed up. Looking forward to meetings others. I have two sons that shoot with me, age 12 and 16. I currently belong to Coal Creek Armory, but am not going to renew there. I am interested in the Oak Ridge Rifle range as it is closer to my home and better accommodations. I need to find someone to sponsor me and my sons. I just purchased 3 Mosin Nagants. I re-did the stock on one of them and it was a gift for my brother-in-law. It turned out pretty nice. I also own an SA XDm .40, and a newly purchased KelTec 380 auto mini pistol at the Knoxville gun show. I am looking forward to possibly getting into long range shooting with the Mosins. My next purchases include, (or would like to include) a Russia SKS, an AK47, M1Garand, AR15 and a 12 Gauge Shotgun. My sons and I enjoy shooting when we can.

Time to get a gun safe. Been keeping my eye out for deals and of course Craigslist.

Hope everyone had a nice holiday!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can't get into the Oak Ridge range, you can try the Norris range. I live in Clinton as well, and the Norris range isn't very far. $15 + $10 key deposit for a single visit (if you give the key back to the PD, you get the deposit back), or flat $30 for a "year" (till when you get it to late June), which is a deal even if you only plan on going twice.

Guest bkelm18

Welcome from Oak Ridge. Yes, the Norris Range is nice, albeit sometimes crowded. Go to the Norris Police Department to pay the fee and get the key, they'll give you directions. ORSA, of course, is awesome but $$$. Too much for me at least, but I'm poor. ;)

Thank you everyone! I will check out Norris. Perhaps I can meet some others that also belong to the Oak Ridge to learn more about it. Time to clean up my last Mosin. I am eager to shoot a few rounds through it and give it good test.

-JC

My stepdad and I were members of oak ridge at one time he had a remington 700 ltr and A baker built Winchester in 30 fbi we would shoot 1000 yds with. We kind of got frowned on for having camo'd guns instead of 3000 dollar extra heavy bull barreled rainbow stocked guns. but didn't hurt my feelings I could do about as good with my sporter barreled rugger m77 mk II in 22-250. The people are nice but the majority frown on anything black or tactical just like the liberal media. The range is one of the best in the south just working around everyone's schedules sucks (in order to shoot you must first call and reserve a date because all the ranges are stacked on top of one another). If you join you will surely have fun I just couldn't see renewing I can shoot 100 yards at my house anyday and have access to some farmland where I can shoot 500 yards.

welcome aboard