Rocking the Droid

jtluttrell

Anybody else picked up one of these? I've been packing this for about a month now and I've got to say that it's pretty cool. Granted this is my first smart phone, I'm diggin' the future. Constantly connected, more apps than you can shake a stick at, and you can call people too (although I hardly use this feature).

carry.jpg

Edited by jtluttrell
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked one up Friday (my first smartphone too). I've been having fun trying out all the features, apps and other things you can do with it.

Got to show it off some at the Gun and Gear Expo too. A couple asked for directions to Columbia so I brought up Google Maps (included with the phone) and was able to show them the route from the Expo to Columbia within seconds.

Edited by Loon160T
Guest theoldguy

The droid, is the first phone that I have owned, that I have not found no problems with (so far). And the best thing is the software is open source and new apps come out daily

Guest tdtennessee

we are ready for new phones in march and thats what im leaning toward right now but who knows what will be out there in 3 months. i wanted the blackberry tour before the droid came out.

I'm eyeing the Droid pretty closely.

I've been wanting an iPhone, but I've been more than pleased w/ Verizon's service over the past several years.

With Verizon, if I need to talk to someone at Customer Service, I'm talking to someone at their Murfreesboro call center, NOT someone in New Delhi (I'm looking at you, Sprint).

Verizon has offered me one for $99 with a new contract, I'm thinking I'll probably jump on that. I'm a heavy gmail user as is, and I've heard the gmail integration is solid as F.

Guest Gun Geek

Does anyone know if you have to sign up for a data plan with these, that has been my main reason for not getting a smart phone, besides I am cheap and the 3g doesn't even work where I live. I hear these have wi-fi so the data plan wouldn't be required to browse the web.

Guest tdtennessee
Does anyone know if you have to sign up for a data plan with these, that has been my main reason for not getting a smart phone, besides I am cheap and the 3g doesn't even work where I live. I hear these have wi-fi so the data plan wouldn't be required to browse the web.

not sure but i think you do. kinda like the blackberrys

Guest Jcochran88

Yes you have to have the data package.

Guest Jcochran88

Yes you have to purchase the data plan.

• 1 month later...

Welcome to the Borg! I've got the HTC Eris. BTW you can get out of your Sprint contract right now. You need to call in and talk to retentions, tell them you don't agree with the increase in the regulatory fee (It's going up by $0.20). By law they have to let you out of your contract. Worked for both my wife and me, now we are Verizon customers.