Illegal to sell lemon juice in liquor stores?

I've started coming down with 'the funk' since waking up this morning. It's progressed to the point I really needed to take something for it. Hot Totties sounded real good to me.

Anyway, my girlfriend ran to the liquor store for the main ingredient -- Jack Daniels. She asked the gentleman at the register if they would happen to have any lemon juice. He told her that it was illegal for a liquor store in the state of Tennessee to sell lemon juice.

She insists the gentleman answered her with a straight face, so she didn't get the impression he was kidding around.

Anyone know this to be a fact?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

it is a fact that package stores in TN may only sell items which contain certain amounts of alcohol.

Malt beverages, which inclulde beer and some wine coolers , Mike's Harder Lemonade products etc... all must have higher acohol content than 6%.

Mixers must have a minimum of 1% alcohol. There is now even tonic water, soda water, even whipped creams that contain alcohol. Some mixers have higher alcohol content than 1%.

Stores may not sell ice, pop, cups, corkscrews, etc... Legally a store may not even have a soda machine on the property.

Plain fruit juice would be very illegal as would the actual fruit itself.

It was very annoying when I first moved here but thats probably part of the reason you can't buy wine in the grocery store

Yep, nothing over 6% in stores that sell anything other than alcohol, nothing less than 6% in liquor stores.

Stupid laws.

Guest clsutton21
Yep, nothing over 6% in stores that sell anything other than alcohol, nothing less than 6% in liquor stores.

Stupid laws.

Actually, I bought some grenadine that was 1% alcohol at a liquor store. They said that it had to have some alcohol in it, but a minimum wasn't specified.

Anyone under the age of 21 has absolutely no reason to be anywhere near a liquor store... The proof?....There is not a thing in there that he is of age to purchase.

Who are you talking to? :pleased:

Guest boatme99

As my local liquor store owner told me-"I can't sell anything that makes it easy for you to drink what I sell you.". So no wine keys, champagne stoppers, bottle openers, mixers, fruit, etc. Go out, sit in the truck, and suck it down! That's o.k. apparently. God forbid youv'e got a lime in there

Actually, I bought some grenadine that was 1% alcohol at a liquor store. They said that it had to have some alcohol in it, but a minimum wasn't specified.

Yah, I forgot about that 'exception'.

Stupid, stupid laws.

Did you all not read my post. I splained very clearly the deal with mixers. :pleased:

:blush:

Yah, just forgot about it.

Sorry - all hail mike.357 and give massive props!

:blush:

Thats right! :pleased:

:P

I tell ya, the one that makes me shake my head is cans of whip cream that have alcohol. They sell a bunch of different flavors of the stuff. I am glad we did not get the rights to that crap, LOL. It thankfully is some other distributers headache. Christmas wishes do come true!

Edited by Mike.357