Bound Book Entry Question(s)

Guest Fenris

Guest Fenris

OK, I recently obtained a sporterized Mosin Nagant. Based on my previous thread, I decided better safe than sorry and record it. This is my first bound book entry.

Manuf or Importer: I cannot see an importer stamp.

Model: Mosin Nagant ?

Serial #: These are non-matching. Do I put barrel, receiver, or both?

Type: Sporterized ?

I know the caliber.

Thanks for help.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you purchase the rifle using your C&R license? If you did not use the license there is no need to enter it into the bound book. Why create an unnecessary paper trail?

That is what I have mentioned before also....Some believe that it is needed as the ATF booklet is gray in some areas.

Guest Fenris

I have heard arguments for both sides. I started a thread and there never seemed to be a final consensus. It was a FTF deal, and my understanding is that it doesn't matter if I used my license to obtain it or not. The question is whether a sporterized rifle is still considered C&R.

I do appreciate the help here.

Guest bkelm18
Did you purchase the rifle using your C&R license? If you did not use the license there is no need to enter it into the bound book. Why create an unnecessary paper trail?

I'm 99% sure that you must enter it into the bound book regardless if you purchased it with your C&R or not.

Guest 70below
Is that only for C&R items?

Yes, any firearm that is 50 years old or older, or is listed in the BATF C&R firearms list must be recorded in your bound book (regardless if you obtained it using your license). Firearms acquired prior to obtaining your license are exempt, but must be recorded if disposed of (sold, traded, given away, destroyed). Firearms that are less than 50 years old and not on the C&R firearms list do not have to be recorded.