Looking for a good carry belt

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to the Saddle Shop in Triune Friday and got fiited for a belt. I was wearing a 5.11 nylon belt (Wilderness Style) so the guy's wife was trying to measure me for a new belt using a tape mark on the one I was wearing. I have a feeling there will be an issue with the length because I wear a 38 inch waist in pans, but she is making the center hole on the belt at 43 inches. I guess more holes can be added and additional leather can be removed if it's not a perfect fit. We'll see.

Guest db99wj
Went to the Saddle Shop in Triune Friday and got fiited for a belt. I was wearing a 5.11 nylon belt (Wilderness Style) so the guy's wife was trying to measure me for a new belt using a tape mark on the one I was wearing. I have a feeling there will be an issue with the length because I wear a 38 inch waist in pans, but she is making the center hole on the belt at 43 inches. I guess more holes can be added and additional leather can be removed if it's not a perfect fit. We'll see.

Did you have a IWB holster on? Most go up 2 sizes to accommodate an IWB holster. 38 + 2 is 40, most belts have 5 to 6 holes so, that might be about right....if you carry a IWB, if not...here's hoping for the best:x:

Guest db99wj

Hope it's good to go Shima!

I'm in need of a new belt, mine is looking bad. I wear the thing with my dress cloths and it is all scratched up from the clips I use to wear. I use velcro clips now. Got to save a little, will go with a beltman belt because of the good things I have heard on here. There does seem to be some more manufactures making good quality belts.

• 4 weeks later...
So fun little update. I took someones advice and bought a belt from looperlaw. been waiting for two weeks now. so i called. spoke to a really rude guy said "were behind and I'll call when we send it out" didnt bother to ask my name, number or order number though.....not looking good.

Is there an update on Loopers? I am thinking about purchasing one this week.

So just for a little update, I'm at 1 month after I ordered my belt from the Saddle Shop in Triune and still haven't heard anything. After the first 2 weeks, I called and he had not even started on it. Now, I'm thinking they forgot about me. Oh well. I guess if I wanted one fast, I'd have gone with the Beltman or some big name. I was trying to stimulate the local economy, and that's what I got.

Guest Ae-35

Got a call from Daniel mine went in the mail Friday, they've been way, way behind. I know too long a wait, my brown one is three years old , still a great belt !!! Great price, great belt, just too long a wait. Hope my new one's as good as the old one. Daniel has NO phone skills, but he's really a nice guy.

Emailed Loopers and asked for a production time esimate without response. Sounds to me like they have a good product with poor customer service. So I went with the Comp-Tac Kydex Reinforced Contour Belt w/ Velcro lining.

Ordered: 04/19/2010

In Shipping: 04/21/2010

Should be here by next week and I will let you know if it was a good choice.

The Comp-Tac.com belt arrived by USPS on Saturday April 24th. Just 5 days order to delivery. The first thing I noticed was the shinny nickel buckle. I read a post on another forum the buckle was cheap and he replaced it right way. This must have been personal preference because it looked just fine to me. The belt was ordered with Velcro lining to support the V-Clips purchased with my MTAC holster. The Velcro lining covers approximately 90% of the belt. I like the belt so much it’s going to be my primary belt when carrying or not.

:D:woohoo::D:woohoo:;):woohoo:

Buckle.jpg

Guest agr815

I have two belts I carry with. I have a Jones Tactical Everday Carry 1.5" with Cobra buckle. It cost about $60 but has been well worth the money. The belt is made with a double layer of scooba webbing with a 1" section of webbing on top to secure the cobra buckle. It is very secure but can get uncomfortable when sitting because of the stiffness.

I also use a 5.11 nylon belt I got free with a pair of their pants. It is not as stiff as the Jones Tactical belt but I am able to tighten it up enough where there is no holster play. I use this belt most of the time as it is easier to put on and take off when I'm going to and from classes.

Anyting is better than some crappy leather belt though. It is true that a good belt can make a bad hoslter work.