Adventure Science Center posted?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK. So I'm still new at this. Only carried for the first time today. I went ahead and called them. First person handed the phone off to someone else. She (the second lady) said "We don't have any specific signs, but we don't allow it." It was clear from her halting speech that she wasn't sure what to say and that the request creeped her out tremendously.

But if they aren't posted and the "rule" isn't to be found anywhere, does the rule really exist?

I went armed, but as I pulled up to drop off the family they had a police officer sitting in a cruiser on the sidewalk right in front of the doors.

I went and parked and left the XD in the car. As I walked in I checked. I sure enough, no posting.

I think from now on I'm just gonna go where I please. I'll check the doors and either leave it in the car or not do business with anyone that posts. I'm not afraid to call, but it seems like in many cases it could have a negative impact. Right now Adventure Science Center isn't posted. I'd hate to find out they are posting next week because they had never thought about it until my call, and now that they think about it, posting sounds like a good idea.

What they didn't know wasn't going to hurt them. So I think I'll worry less about knowing who's posted in the future.

Thanks for the help/feedback.

Guest stovepipe

Yeah, calling just stirs the pot and upsets people, and sometimes results in getting a sign posted. The best bet is to become familiar with the rules and carry as the law allows.

When you first start to carry you feel everyone is watching, but you'll soon get over that.

Carry on!

Yeah, calling just stirs the pot and upsets people, and sometimes results in getting a sign posted. The best bet is to become familiar with the rules and carry as the law allows.

When you first start to carry you feel everyone is watching, but you'll soon get over that.

Carry on!

+1,000,000

What they don't know won't hurt them, but if they start seriously thinkin' bout it you'll see signs start going up... FAST.

Generally asking (by calling or in person) is not a good idea.

99.8% of places will tell you they don't want you to or that they don't allow it even if they aren't posted.

Also as said....the question could get them to thinking about the situation and cause them to post.

If they aren't posted, the worse that can happen is they ask you to leave if you are spotted (which shouldn't happen with proper concealment).

So the best thing is to know if a place is off-limits by law and if not look for postings and if you don't see any, then you should be ok.

Of course asking on here if someone has been to a place and whether they saw a posting or not is not a bad idea....but as you see, may or may not find an answer.

Guest HexHead

What they don't know won't hurt them, but if they start seriously thinkin' bout it you'll see signs start going up... FAST.

Especially a place like that. It's usually filled with small children.

Guest kirkosaurus

I was listening to the Phil Valentine radio show on 99.7 FM a few months ago and a LEO called in about the encounter he had while there off duty with his family. He said he was carrying concealed but happen to bend down or something like that, to where someone saw his weapon. He was confronted by a supervisor or manager and asked to take his gun back to his car or leave. He explained that he was an off duty officer but they didn't care. I don't think they ever mentioned if it was posted or not.

I don't understand?

What does that have to do with this topic?

Well, if you're a Libtard, it has everything to do with it. It's

always about the little children they say they are protecting with anti gun laws. Sounds good, feels good...kum bay ah!

Guest spoolie
Well, if you're a Libtard, it has everything to do with it. It's

always about the little children they say they are protecting with anti gun laws. Sounds good, feels good...kum bay ah!

Oh, thanks for explaining it. I didn't understand what the deal was? I have children and carry around children daily with no problems....

• 1 year later...
I was listening to the Phil Valentine radio show on 99.7 FM a few months ago and a LEO called in about the encounter he had while there off duty with his family. He said he was carrying concealed but happen to bend down or something like that, to where someone saw his weapon. He was confronted by a supervisor or manager and asked to take his gun back to his car or leave. He explained that he was an off duty officer but they didn't care. I don't think they ever mentioned if it was posted or not.

I would have to told them to go pound sand.

Guest msparks
I went armed, but as I pulled up to drop off the family they had a police officer sitting in a cruiser on the sidewalk right in front of the doors.

I went and parked and left the XD in the car. As I walked in I checked. I sure enough, no posting.

I think from now on I'm just gonna go where I please. I'll check the doors and either leave it in the car or not do business with anyone that posts. I'm not afraid to call, but it seems like in many cases it could have a negative impact. Right now Adventure Science Center isn't posted. I'd hate to find out they are posting next week because they had never thought about it until my call, and now that they think about it, posting sounds like a good idea.

What they didn't know wasn't going to hurt them. So I think I'll worry less about knowing who's posted in the future.

Thanks for the help/feedback.

It's a newbie thing, as you get more comfortable you won't even worry about things like this. I've never thought to call a place, if it's posted and I really want to go, I just turn around and put it in the car. Heck I normally don't even remove my holster or magazine either.

Was talking with a cop in the barber shop the other day and I know the bottom of my pistol was showing. Didn't even think about it.