Seecamp?

Guest jtm129

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Phantom6

Got one and love it. It's like my American Express card- to coin a phrase, I "never leave home without it".:popcorn:

BTW, Charlie's Knives and Guns in Oak Ridge is a Seecamp dealer.

Guest jackdog

My son has one and seems happy with it. They are pretty picky when it comes to ammo. But if you have a good match with the ammo they are a reliable carry weapon.

Myself I think they are a bit pricey, so I prefer my kel-tec .380

Guest jackdog

I've shot both the Seacamp and p3at. Seacamp is pretty uncomfortable to shoot in comparison to the p3at. But if you have a good ammo match they are darn reliable. My son and I have discussed the pros and cons of these weapons at length, and he says he would have gone the kel tec route if he could redo the decision.

• 2 weeks later...

I've owned & carried my LWS32 almost daily for the last 10 yrs. It's not as light as the p3at. But you can hold the Seecamp & know you are holding a well put together piece of equipment. I just don't get the same feeling with the Kel-Tec.

Guest Phantom6
Phantom, how about telling us why you went with Seecamp rather than the other white meat.

Maybe a quick comparison - pluses and minuses - comparing the Seecamp and the P3AT.

Dang. I missed this. Well it (the Seecamp)is a touch heavier to be sure. I wasn't gifted with large hands or long fingers much to the chagrin of my piano teacher (and her daughter) but they are a bit meaty and I've been pretty hard on 'em through my life with lots of broken bones and bruised knuckles and I found the P3AT getting lost in my grip. I found the P3AT nearly unpleasant to shoot as it is too thin and lighter weight for my hands. I liked the fullness of the Seecamp. It actually felt like a gun. Of course you are talking to someone that used to forget that his S&W model 66 was on his side and that was a piece of steel and some real grips. Probably more of a head thing but I'm the one that has to live with it. I like the extra weight of the Seecamp but I carry it in my shirt pocket where it looks like a leather notepad holder, breast pocket of my jackets, center pocket of my bib over-alls where if it shows at all it appears as a wallet., where ever. I think alot of it has to do with the holster you choose. I tried the deSantis and Uncle Mike's pocket holsters but found that it just was harder to draw from and didn't provide the cover for the trigger that I was comfortable with. I finally settled on a Strong that was made specificly for the SeeCamp.

One observer noted that the Kel-tec was not made for the minute of angle but rather the minute of a$$***e and I'd pretty much have to agree. It's pretty much the same with the Seecamp. IMHO neither of the guns are accurate beyond 7 yds but at that distance I can put together a better group with the Seecamp than I could with the Kel-Tec. I also found the trigger on the Seecamp to be crisper than that of the P3AT.

The Seecamp is a finicky eater. My Seecamp runs well without failure on Winchester Silvertips,Speer Gold Dots, Federal Hydra Shoks and Hornady 60 grain SJH/XTP and Winchester White box FMJ.

The Kel-Tec has sights and the Seecamp has none. As Larry explains it and I have to concur;

An exhaustive NYPD report (NYPD SOP 9) revealed that in 70% of recorded police shootings (the majority under poor lighting conditions) officers did not use sights while 10% of the time officers didn’t remember whether sights were used. In the remaining 20% of the cases, officers recollected using some form of visual aid to line up the target ~ which could be the sights themselves or just the barrel.

Both of these guns are point shooters and the addition of sights not only provides a point of confusion but also just gives the gun something to get hung on. The Seecamp has NO rough edges.

The Seecamp is more expensive but IMHO like the old Curtis Mathis TV commercials, they are darned well worth it.

I think Mike is a unique individual :surrender:, and for that reason, he choose the seacamp.:shake:

I think mike has his stuff wired tight...if he chose a seecamp its because its the best weapon for him and he's able to do just what he needs to do with it :)

others may like the p3at. either way, I don't think you can lose if you use either one for a BUG

Guest Boomhower
I think mike has his stuff wired tight...if he chose a seecamp its because its the best weapon for him and he's able to do just what he needs to do with it :shake:

others may like the p3at. either way, I don't think you can lose if you use either one for a BUG

Agreed, but Mike's still unique!:surrender:

Guest Phantom6

From Merriam-Webster Online:

Main Entry: unique

Pronunciation: yu-ˈnēk

Function: adjective

Etymology: French, from Latin unicus, from unus one — more at one

Date: 1602

1: being the only one : sole

2 a: being without a like or equal : unequaled b: distinctively characteristic

3: unusual

synonyms see strange

Definition #1 is good. I like that. Deffinition #2a is certainly acceptable as is #2b. Definition #3 is even ok but as for the synonyms "see strange"; well if you are a liberal, anti-gunner left wing Democrat, or my next door neighbor lady who wouldn't keep her cats up and away from my front yard pond where they decimated my frog population and who's cats began mysteriously disappearing after repeated warnings, I like that. If not, well...

:rofl:

I was finally able to shoot Booms P3AT yesterday at a little impromptu shoot out in my woods. We terrorized the last pumpkin of the season here as well. Dang thing did nto stand a chance against Boom and myself.

Anyway I enjoyed the feel of the P3AT. While it felt small in my hand it and it took effort to grip it properly it fired very accurately. Also there were no misfires misfeeds. Nothing but bangs and lead on target after pulling the trigger.

I am hoping to get to shoot a mag out of Phantoms Seecamp at the next shoot. To make a proper comparison.

(see thread about useless guns) http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/showpost.php?p=34863&postcount=32

Guest Scottech

Mike knows his stuff. He is certainly E-Nuke

Strange. For some reason Mike I thought you owned a KelTec P3AT! Didn't you produce it at the range for our October meet? If not then I need to visit the optometrist again for the third time this year!

Guest Phantom6

Nope. Wasn't me. You must have been standin' close to Boomhower. He's taller and younger. He's also slimer and has no beard or gray hair whilst I on the other hand .....am unique!:down: Other than that, we look pretty much the same-. :lol: He had a P3AT there.

Speaking of never knowing what I'll bring out to the next shoot, I've got a surprise coming for this one. Got a deal I couldn't refuse a few weeks ago. I'll not say anything else about it except that it's chambered in .45 cal. and it's about this long and about yea tall and it's a hoot to shoot. I ran into a deputy sheriff out in Colorado about 15 years ago that used to carry one in a very small SO where they could pretty much carry whatever they wanted. It's an attention getter. Yeah, right. That narrowed it down.:doh:

Guest Boomhower
He's taller and younger. He's also slimer and has no beard or gray hair whilst I on the other hand .....am unique!:surrender: Other than that, we look pretty much the same-. :devil: He had a P3AT there.

*Taller and younger....I'll give you that one....or maybe I'll give me that one:D

*Slimer and has no beard....I'm working on both as we speak:D

*or gray hair....let's just say I guess it's better that you've got gray HAIR:eek: