Anybody ever heard of these AR15s

Norvell57

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Essential Arms stripped lowers have been $100 for a while. I've seen Sun Devil for $89.

The lower parts kits can be found in the $50's. Try JSE Surplus, Brownells, online. The

local gun shops are probably competitive. Prices have been dropping. I haven't bought

an AR in almost twenty years and I've built four lately with a lot of different brands in them. They all shoot very well, also. Spend the money on the barrel and a good trigger. Most of the other stuff is personal preference and the care you take in putting it together. Mine lately, have been 6.8 SPC, hence my username. Just a different magazine, barrel and bolt on the same platform

I have Essential Arms, Armalite and DPMS lowers. I say go for the price on them.

I have several Rock River 2 stage triggers. They're good. I keep hearing Giesselle(spelling?) are the best, but haven't tried them. A lot of good barrels:Noveske,

Whiteoak, AR Performance, Titan Armory, Bill Wilson, etc.

That lower price at surplussammo is getting real, about time! I may have to do that, too:D

I have several Rock River 2 stage triggers. They're good. I keep hearing Giesselle(spelling?) are the best, but haven't tried them. A lot of good barrels:Noveske,

Whiteoak, AR Performance, Titan Armory, Bill Wilson, etc.

That lower price at surplussammo is getting real, about time! I may have to do that, too:D

awsome im gonna look those up tonight after work

Thanks man

It says they are "not pre-ban lowers". I know the features of a pre-ban upper, but what defines a pre-ban lower? Date of manufacture??? something else???

That doesn't matter any more, except for certain states

that allow only the pre ban guns as per the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban. It doesn't apply in Tennessee. The lower is defined as the gun until, and I hear that the BATFE is changing that definition. I'm not sure how legal that will be

but it shouldn't affect current weapons. A pre ban lower is typically a lower made before the AWB(1994). That law sunsetted ten years later. Nothing that I know in force concerning it anymore. Someone else might know a bit more.

That doesn't matter any more, except for certain states

that allow only the pre ban guns as per the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban. It doesn't apply in Tennessee. The lower is defined as the gun until, and I hear that the BATFE is changing that definition. I'm not sure how legal that will be

but it shouldn't affect current weapons. A pre ban lower is typically a lower made before the AWB(1994). That law sunsetted ten years later. Nothing that I know in force concerning it anymore. Someone else might know a bit more.

I don't remember seeing any other manufacturers listing their stripped lowers as pre-ban. It made my wonder if there are any physical differences in a pre-ban and post-ban lower. I know about the pre-ban characteristics of a threaded muzzle and bayonet lug, but I don't know about anything else with the lower. Just a technicality that doesn't matter anymore I guess.

"A pre ban lower is typically a lower made before the AWB(1994). That law sunsetted ten years later." Manufacturers don't make pre ban lowers. They just make lowers. There is no ban anymore, except certain states(not TN), that have a law on the books that still include the ban, from what I hear, and that there are some that require muzzle brakes instead of flash hiders, etc.

80 bucks is cheap. I guess the market is getting flooded with them. Can't wait until the the other parts really drop.

Guest GenNBForrest
Can't wait until the the other parts really drop.

I think with the resent election result in Mass. that the "scare" might be over and AR component prices will continue to drop and stabilize close to the prices in 2006? Just a guess?

Just recently lower part kits are coming available again with prices in the $50 range, so, hopefully other components will follow.

I think with the resent election result in Mass. that the "scare" might be over and AR component prices will continue to drop and stabilize close to the prices in 2006? Just a guess?

Just recently lower part kits are coming available again with prices in the $50 range, so, hopefully other components will follow.

hope so

Guest expdnarc

I have built several AR's over the past couple of years and it is really hit or miss with Olympic arms products I have had good results with Superior arms, Armalite, Rock River and DPMS