6.8mm polymer magazines?

flyanything

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know of any polymer magazines for the 6.8 AR? Will a 5.56 30 Rd. mag.work but only hold 25 rounds? I heard that somewhere. Any help would be great. Charles.

5.56 30 rd mag won't work. Don't waste your time with that one. C-Products

make several:25,17, and I think 10 and 5 rd. They're good. PRI makes good

mags and are a bit pricey over $35 for a 25 rd. mag but they will allow you to

load your bullets longer if you reload. Standard AR mags are aluminum and

all that I know of firsthand for the 6.8 are steel. It makes a difference. I bought followers and tried using aluminum mag cases and they swell up inside the mag well, plus the feedlips are shaped differently and are a pain to

reshape. I have heard others asking about plastic mags here:http://68forums.com. There's a wealth of information specific to the

6.8x43 on that site. Pretty decent group of folks, too.:rolleyes:

They're good, heard they were made by PRI. Those C-Products are good also, and a bit cheaper. 12-13 bucks online. Haven't seen them in stores. I don't know about other vendors in the area but I will plug Guns n Leather for having the SSA 6.8 ammo, and, well, still having that SA 1911 I was drooling over.:rolleyes:

Due to the slightly larger case of the 6.8 an aluminum or poly 5.56 mag body will bulge and deform the lips. The 6.8 mags are all stainless to prevent it. You can fit about 10 or so 6.8 rounds in a 5.56 mag, but will have feed issues and ruin your mag eventually.

They're good, heard they were made by PRI. .:D

You are correct. The Barrett mags are made by PRI. I have 10 of the PRIs and have never had a problem out of any of them. Due to my job I keep at least 4 loaded at all times and have had no issues. The other thing that manufacturers did to the mags was to add strengthening groves in the side of the mag walls to give them more rigidity.

The only thing I did to my CProducts mags was to get the Dremel and round out the front lip so they would feed better. If they had one more spotweld closer to the front

lip and were rounded they would be identical to the PRI, minus the waffling.There's the difference in price from what I could tell. I have both and don't mind tinkering and tweaking. I've also heard that the CProducts have had springs that rust pretty bad. But you can get stainless springs and replace and still be under the PRI's price if you

choose.

You are correct. The Barrett mags are made by PRI.

Barrett magazines are not made by PRI.

I believe some of the first Barrett 6.8 rifles shipped with PRI brand magazines though.