Want to Organize an Event...need some help/suggestions

I want to organize a shotgun/clay event!

Gentlemen (and ladies as well), I’m looking for some recommendations that I hope someone here can help me with.

One of my passions is sports cars…specifically, I’m very involved in a group here in Nashville dedicated to one particular brand of sports car and I am interested in organizing an activity for us that would likely include a short, fun drive in the mid-morning and then spending most of the rest of the day clay target shooting…this would likely be a relatively small group - how many is difficult to say but let’s assume in the range of 10-15 (we can limit the size if need be).

All levels of shotgun experience should be expected - I suspect very little experience with shooting clay targets. Likewise, some of these folks will have their own shotguns they can and would want to use but I’m also sure that others don’t have any at all and would either need to borrow other member’s shotguns and/or rent them from whatever range we use (if that’s even possible).

I would like to include some basic firearms safety instruction as well as, perhaps, some basic instructions on shooting clay targets. With regards to the actual shooting, I’m not really looking for full-fledged “trap” or “skeet” shooting; just something basic with the shooter standing in one spot.

Although I’m planning on doing some real clay shooting myself this year, I haven’t really done any of that in this area except on private property…so, I’m looking for a location in the Middle Tennessee area (or at least somewhere within a reasonable drive of Nashville) where we can do this.

We would be looking at doing this likely on a Saturday (or possibly a Sunday) and sometime in mid to latte march, or April or even very early in May (after about mid-May our guys are usually pretty busy with cruises, car shows, etc. that are already planned). With that said, if necessary, we could even push this into early fall.

If anyone has any recommendations on ranges, or who to contact to arrange something like this I’d very much appreciate it.

This is very much in the “early stages” of development so I’m very open to suggestions about how to make this happen so if you have any and/or if you need any more information, pleas feel free to ask.

Thanks in advance for any help!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I didn't mention what brand of sports car my group is involved in but we would probably let you come no matter what you drive. :)

Seriously, I might well turn this into a general "car guys (and girls)" activity rather than just my club anyway so long as we don't get in to any fights about what model of car is "best"!

Actually, I didn't mention what brand of sports car my group is involved in but we would probably let you come no matter what you drive. :D

Seriously, I might well turn this into a general "car guys (and girls)" activity rather than just my club anyway so long as we don't get in to any fights about what model of car is "best"!

Had assumed as much that it would be general, otherwise you would have been posting to your club forum and not here. The likely hood of anyone here having whatever it is you have (notice no one is really asking) is pretty low odds. But many of us may have the same gun as others here, after all, this is a gun forum. :up:

Had assumed as much that it would be general, otherwise you would have been posting to your club forum and not here. The likely hood of anyone here having whatever it is you have (notice no one is really asking) is pretty low odds. But many of us may have the same gun as others here, after all, this is a gun forum. :bowrofl:

Point taken but I was posting here primarily because I haven't done any clay shooting since moving to TN (except on private property) and wasn't sure where it might be possible to organize an event like this; thus I am looking for some expertise from the local "gun community".

I did post a generic message on my club forum to gauge interest but it's difficult to know who might actually come until I have some details to share.

That said, what someone drives is not that important...while I may organize this for "my club" I think a love/appreciation for cars doesn't need to be limited to one nameplate; likewise an appreciation for the shooting sports.

My club revolves around the Nissan "Z" (from the 240Z through today's 370Z) but we generally get alone with everyone! :bowrofl: