What are you lookin' at?

Guest jackdm3

Guest jackdm3

Dudes, it's not something I'm watching right now, but my wife is. My wife is watching "U-571" for the second time in two weeks. How badass is she?! I asked her what the allure of that is for her and she said, "It's like 'Titanic' without all the romantic stuff in it." emot-dong.gif

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BEARMAN
Dudes, it's not something I'm watching right now, but my wife is. My wife is watching "U-571" for the second time in two weeks. How badass is she?! I asked her what the allure of that is for her and she said, "It's like 'Titanic' without all the romantic stuff in it." emot-dong.gif

Well Jack, if she likes U-571....then she'll probably love "Das Boot" ...the long version is only like 4.5 hours long.

Lots and lots of sweaty, stinkin' German submariners.

If she can set thru that....then she definitely is... "one badass chick"!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest jackdm3

I'm finishing "Thunder Road" with Robert Mitchum. It's got Tennessee all over it. About shining in the '50s. Awesome and classic stuff! Especially if you like cars and gunfire.

Guest BEARMAN
I'm finishing "Thunder Road" with Robert Mitchum. It's got Tennessee all over it. About shining in the '50s. Awesome and classic stuff! Especially if you like cars and gunfire.

That is an awesome movie...and ol' Robert Mitchum was one heck of an actor.

But along these lines of moonshining...does anyone know why they never show the original movie Walking Tall, with Joe Don Baker?

I haven't seen that classic Tennessee based movie in years...Just wondering.

Another good Tennessee based movie is I Walk the Line, with Gregory Peck and Tuesday Weld. It was filmed right here in the Gainesboro, Jackson County area, in 1970.

Catch it, if you can.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Daelith
I was gonna Redbox Ninja. Any good?

Not much of a plot really, but good action if you don't mind the exaggerated stuff. If you liked the Kill Bill movies, you'll like it fine. Worth a watch, but doubt I would add it to the movie collection.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest jackdm3

Watching "E.T." for the umpteenth time and wondering. I know his people had the knowledge to make it to Earth, but how did E.T. take apart the Speak'N'Spell and the other appliances with no Phillips drivers and his 6 nubby fingers?

Guest KimberChick
Watching "E.T." for the umpteenth time and wondering. I know his people had the knowledge to make it to Earth, but how did E.T. take apart the Speak'N'Spell and the other appliances with no Phillips drivers and his 6 nubby fingers?

The Force

(ya ya, it's a bit of a slow workday.)

Guest jackdm3

"Romancing the Stone"

It just occurred to me why this still works. It takes place in a third world country where we wouldn't know the difference from when it was filmed (25 odd years ago) or today. Weapons are the same. Bronco's and Jeeps are the same. The desire to search for treasure is the same. Danny DeVito's never gonna get any taller. And the damsel in distress at the very beginning? Oh. My. God!

Timeless. Consider taking the trip again.

• 1 month later...
Guest jackdm3

"Flight of the Phoenix" made in '65 with Ernest Borgnine, Richard Attenborough, George Kennedy and the most awesome James Stewart who'd like to ask you with his most awesome Jimmy Stewart voice:

"Now, now can you dig THAT?!?!"

I THOUGHT he was related to his cousin Pookie (Yoda).

And I thought everybody was related to their cousins...

As for what I've been watching... been keeping myself amused over at Hulu with various things. At least when I'm not busy, or here torturing you lot.

The recent picks have been McHale's Navy, and a Canadian Sci-fi series from '03-'04 called Starhunter 2300.

Haven't had the attention span lately for anything longer than about 45 minutes or so at a time...

Guest jackdm3

Not when it's only by marriage. There was some interspecies coupling of the fuglies. Somebody stole a late model Galechik to get home in.

Just general debauchery all around because they live so long and life gets rather dull. But their godmother's proud.

haggardwitch.jpg

Edited by jackdm3
  • 3 weeks later...