I'm torn G26 or G27

Guest BoltAction

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18
Please, let's not start this again. The .40 was developed with women shooters in

mind, by S&W, for the FBI .It is in actuality a girl round.Either rd is a good

defensive choice but don't get on here saying the 9mm "will bounce off"

c1c06158372cb330def8c4da2b20ffcb1242428877_full.jpg

I am in the market for a new carry gun. I was thinking about 9mm but have always been partial to .40.

I know Glock was made for the 9mm round and 9mm ammo is slightly cheaper.

Has anyone with a .40 Glock ever had any issues? I don't know that I have flip-flopped so many times on a gun. :love:

The "conversion" takes all of a couple minutes....I based my reply on "always partial to a .40".....and "9mm ammo slightly cheaper"...perfect scenario for a G27 w/ a 9mm conversion barrel....but, after all is said and done...go with what you are most comfortable with....you can't go wrong with either....but you don't have to choose one over the other as well....good luck!

I looked for a used 26 for a month or so and could hardly find one. The only one I found were as much as a new one (so I bought new). You will be able to get your money back if you change your mind. I found a few 27s used during that time if that says anything. The 27 holds it's value to, however so again I'd say 26 but you can't lose with any Baby Glock.

Hi:

I have both. To me its six of one and a half dozen of the other.

In the past ammo shortage Wal-Mart had .40 S&W ammo when they had no other caliber including 9MM.

I rather have two complete Glocks (9mm & .40) than one Glock with a "Replacement barrel).

Purchase one and than later the other. Its not like you are never going to purchase another weapon.

Jimmy

P.S. My Opinion and five dollars will purchase a cup of coffee most anywhere in Tennessee.

Hi:

I have both. To me its six of one and a half dozen of the other.

In the past ammo shortage Wal-Mart had .40 S&W ammo when they had no other caliber including 9MM.

I rather have two complete Glocks (9mm & .40) than one Glock with a "Replacement barrel).

Purchase one and than later the other. Its not like you are never going to purchase another weapon.

Jimmy

P.S. My Opinion and five dollars will purchase a cup of coffee most anywhere in Tennessee.

I vote this idea also. Get the 9MM now and the 40 cal later. Or vice versa. Whatever blows your skirt up.

Guest dougmcfalls

I have a 26 that gets a lot of carry. After researching the power of quality 9mm hollow points I feel good about carrying a 9mm for self defense. I've shot the G-27. It's a great gun. I'm just not a big 40 cal. fan. Nothing wrong with it. The police carry it. I just feel that if I want a more powerful round than the 9mm I carry a 45. My 9mm glock gets as much carry time as my 45. It's just a choice between bullet size and magazine capacity. The 9mm G-26 is an awesome CCW.

i got both. and i like both. but i got them many mango seasons ago, before you cound get a 9mm conversion barrel for the 40. i would get the g27 and a 9mm conversion barrel. that way you can have two guns in one.

+1:koolaid:

Has anyone with a .40 Glock ever had any issues?

My G27 has been 100% reliable. The difference in ammo prices doesn't bother me. I'd prefer to spend a few more dollars for a second pistol than get two different barrels for the same pistol.

Guest Republican

I have to vote for the Glock 33. I feel that the .357sig does everything well. It has more muzzle energy and muzzle velocity than both 9mm and .40 according to ammo specs. You cant go wrong with any of the subcompact glocks. Just pick one and you will love it.