TBI failed us all and WE pay their salaries

Guest GunRunnersUSA

Guest GunRunnersUSA

It seems due to the snow that TBI closed Friday at 12:00 cts. They were closed all day saturday and I missed several sales.

Keep in mind when the Brady instant check started Tennessee was one of handful of states that did not let FBI/NICS do them for free. As dealers we have to call Nashville and they charge us $10.00 per call so in common sense terms it is nothing but a gun tax.

We all grumbled about it but that is the way it has been for years. Due to the snow no one was there to answer the phones for half the day Friday and all day Saturday.

It is the gun buyers and dealers that are paying the salaries of the TBI call takers. TBI is pushing toward doing the backgrouunds on the net but I refuse because the same $10.00 charge still applies. If it was free I would be more than happy to enter the info since a state employee is not having to do it.

Keep in mind it still must go to FBI/NICS and they do it for FREE.

I sent Nashville enough money in the last year for TBI to rent a Hummer pick up and drop off employees during "incliment weather".:screwy:

I also work for FedEx and the Sheriff's Department :rolleyes:. Neither of which fail to show up to work because a little snow hits the roads.

Along these same lines we permit holders need to push our senators and reps to do a background once a year on our permits. IF this was done NO TBI call would need to take place whe purchasing a new gun. It would satisfy ATF and stop this silly $10.00 gun tax for 75% of my customers.

I would gladly pay 10.00 a year more for my permit vs 10.00 every time I buy a gun...and I buy a lot of them.

JP in 10-E-C:usa:

GunRunnersUSA.com

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gee.. and I thought I was the only one who had a bad attitude towrds state employees. Remember the budget talks last year and everyone on the news crying about the possibility of state employees loosing their jobs or maybe some benefits?

Oh cry me a river.. State employees have it made. benefits, retirement, blahh blahh blahh.. We should all be so damn lucky. they need to clean house and get rid of about 1/2 the worthless state employees.

Guest GunRunnersUSA

I agree. LESS government is better. We could cut government by 1/3 and NEVER miss them. I have worked for Federal Gov, state and county. They waste more in a day than I will make in two life times. There will be some "change" in November. Mr. Brown is the first of many. JP

Guest GunRunnersUSA

I agree with you but it is all part of the master plan to make our dollar worthless. Welcome the Amero dollar...it will be here sooner than you think...JP

I'm a British citizen who has lived in the US for 15+ years. All you need to do to see where the US is heading is take a look at the UK and the EU. It's insane what has been done over there with regards to the EU and the Euro, but they pulled it off, and it'll be pulled off here too.

The North American Union is just a stepping stone, just like the EU was. I'm sure you can guess where the stepping stones lead...

Edited by garethsk
It seems due to the snow that TBI closed Friday at 12:00 cts. They were closed all day saturday and I missed several sales.

Mmmmkay. My trash didn't get picked up on Friday either. It's a private business, but I pay their salaries too. They failed me. :rolleyes:

Guest GunRunnersUSA

Yes but it's all in the Bible....When the temple is being rebuilt we can count the days. We could hear "Come up hither" sooner than we think.

The good Christian folks will have to be out of the way before total control is accomplished. Good News for us...bad for those who are left behind.

We are bankrupt as a country right now...we just don't know it.

If I could pull out my 401k and put it into guns, gold and land I would do it in a second.

I guess we will just ride along till then, keep the faith and see how the big ball bounces...JP in 10-E-C

Guest GunRunnersUSA
Mmmmkay. My trash didn't get picked up on Friday either. It's a private business, but I pay their salaries too. They failed me. :rolleyes:

I agree with what your saying but

SHALL NOT BE INFRIGED doesn't apply to garbage....or at least I never read it anywhere in the 2nd amendment...that our founding fathers thought so important it was #2...

It is a RIGHT, a Birth Right guaranteed by OUR constitution.

The point of the post was the state MANDATED we go thru Nashville for $10.00 a call, FBI will do the background for FREE...and no one was there to pick up the phone.

I wonder if the FBI closed because of snow???:D

Guest GunRunnersUSA

True... but trash pick up was not guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment.

Again when Brady started the state MANDATED calls thru Nashville at $10.00 a call.

FBI will do them for free...and I bet FBI didn't close for a little snow. ..JP

I agree. LESS government is better. We could cut government by 1/3 and NEVER miss them. I have worked for Federal Gov, state and county. They waste more in a day than I will make in two life times. There will be some "change" in November. Mr. Brown is the first of many. JP

John it's coming.

Guest GunRunnersUSA

Yes it is...I guess that there have been 20,000 firearm sales since Jan 1st in Tennessee alone.

That translates into $200,000 for TBI. These are just the call in's and web checks by dealers not private sales between individuals.

Now don't get me wrong TBI does a great job, they are courteous, professional and they have VERY quick response times. That being said FBI will do them for free but Tennessee mandates we go through Nashville.

Our sister state VA just charges $2.00 call which is quite reasonable.

Due to my schedule at FedEx I can only be in the shop on Sat and Mondays..and I could sell nothing yesterday because of a little snow....come now..we as a state can do better than that.

JP in 10-E-C

• Administrator

So the safety of TBI employees is somehow worth less than the safety of you or your family members? That's what this thread is saying, right? That they should have been made to come in to work despite the dangerous road conditions, or have been forced to stay overnight at work, just so that you could have made a few sales to the idiots who were out driving around in the weather we've had.

I think I understand, I just wanted clarification. :up:

With all due respect, I don't think that's what the thread is saying at all. I think it's saying that TN put an unnecessary restriction on background checks in order to gather more revenue then weren't able to do their part of the job because of the weather. Were it not for the extra (and unnecessary) layer of government that TN had to add in there would have been no issue with background checks and all of the "idiots" out there could have conducted their business (for $10 less per transaction).

At least that's how I understood it.

• Administrator
So in your mind the cops, fire dept, ambulance drivers, TDOT, should have stayed home too? :up:

Certain jobs come with certain assumed risks. A person that signs up for a job with your local PD or FD should assume that their life will be put in peril at some point or another. A desk clerk at the TBI instant check system? Highly doubt that thought crossed their mind.

That said, the comparison you seek to make lacks common sense.

On the topic of government employees... Nobody on my street received mail Saturday. And none was picked up. I know "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds" is not an official motto of the USPS but it was just a few inches of snow. I'll probably get beat up for this (or worse if my wife reads it), but maybe if we had a mailman, we would have had mail. :bored::up:

• Administrator
With all due respect, I don't think that's what the thread is saying at all. I think it's saying that TN put an unnecessary restriction on background checks in order to gather more revenue then weren't able to do their part of the job because of the weather. Were it not for the extra (and unnecessary) layer of government that TN had to add in there would have been no issue with background checks and all of the "idiots" out there could have conducted their business (for $10 less per transaction).

At least that's how I understood it.

If he wants to make a complaint about the "extra layer" of government involved with this state's instant check system, then that complaint can be made without criticizing the TBI employees for doing what most of us did (or wanted to do) when the roads were bad.

As it stands, the thread maligns them for closing their offices due to the weather. That's absurd.

• Administrator
I'll probably get beat up for this (or worse if my wife reads it), but maybe if we had a mailman, we would have had mail. :bored::up:

I've seen quite a few men with their trucks or cars shoved nose-first into some ditches the past few days. Maybe if they'd have listened to their wives and stayed home...

:)

On the topic of government employees... Nobody on my street received mail Saturday. And none was picked up. I know "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds" is not an official motto of the USPS but it was just a few inches of snow. I'll probably get beat up for this (or worse if my wife reads it), but maybe if we had a mailman, we would have had mail. :bored::up:

We didn't get mail either, but we should have!

We only had a completely iced road and a two-foot-high ice drift from the plow trucks on the sides of the street!

Guest gunslinger707

We had about six inche's of snow here Sat.my mail was delievered as usual.:):D