New Hardware

JW3Percent

From what I've experienced those P250's have triggers that make a Hi-Point's triggers seem outstanding, and make a Glock trigger seem like a $5000 1911's... nice looking guns IMO, but if I wanted a revolver trigger I'd just get a revolver.

If you're having problems with it already you may be able to trade it for something else... something to consider.

Not trying to be a jerk here, it's just that most consider those 250's Sigs in name only.

Sorry to be a downer, please don't flame me for this just putting it out there, good luck.

I'd have to respectfully disagree. It is a DAO, but mine is extraordinarily smooth through the pull.

Perhaps it's just a QC issue. although, everybody makes a bad gun.

We only hear about the bad ones.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have to respectfully disagree. It is a DAO, but mine is extraordinarily smooth through the pull.

Perhaps it's just a QC issue. although, everybody makes a bad gun.

We only hear about the bad ones.

That's cool, maybe the one's I've played with weren't as good (more triple or quadruple-action than double-action... with a looooong reset...).

The 229 I shot at On Target was smooth as butter. I have serious buyers remorse now. This is what I get for acting hastily.

Sounds like Franklin Gun Shop is dropping the ball (although I've never set foot in there I've pretty much heard that's their MO enough times to know there's some truth to it).

I'd go back in there and demand a trade on a different gun since yours is having issues anyways, and if they want to dock you more than 10% or so on the trade I'd just say "F*** Y**!", leave, never set foot in their again, and trade it in somewhere else... Even if you lose a little more, you'll probably be happier in the long run (it's not much more for a 229 when you think about it, and a 2022 which will get you that trigger is the same price or less than a 250)... doesn't sound like those guys are too interested in customer service, might be worth skipping the headache and forgetting about them altogether.

Well, it made it through the shooting event today just fine (with PMC ammo). Ran a few rounds of Blazer, and Winchester with no problems... Total rounds today: 500+

Even after all that, it still will not feed the Atl Arms ammo. Hell, maybe its just picky.

Edit for minor update.

Calling Sig is nearly pointless. The On-Hold time for customer service is apparently infinite. After 2 attempts at calling, both times I sat on hold for more than 30 minutes and then left a message for a call back...which I didn't receive. Tomorrow, I will call again and try to reach a supervisor/manager through the maze of "press X for so-and-so" options.

So far, my opinion of Sig Sauer is: They are a crap company, building junk guns, and don't give a F#$@ about customer service. I hope after tomorrow's phone call, I am pleasantly surprised and my opinion changes.

My opinion of Franklin Gun Shop has not changed. They suck.

Edited by Slipstream

Update:

After 31 minutes on hold, I finally get someone. They asked me to send the gun in to them. They emailed me a UPS label.

Good news: I just placed the order for my new toys.

1) Smith and Wesson M&P .40

2) Smith and Wesson M&P piston-driven Ar-15 in 5.56 nato.

I should have them in 5-7 days. I'll start a new thread when they come in. I seriously doubt I'll have problems out of the M&Ps.

Conclusion:

Sent the gun into Sig. They checked it out and said everything was in spec. They say the reason for the misfeeding is because I attempted to use ammo that is not SAAMI approved. :death:

So far I have had zero problems with any ammo except the Atlanta Arms so I guess their reason holds water.

Guest Bronker
Conclusion:

Sent the gun into Sig. They checked it out and said everything was in spec. They say the reason for the misfeeding is because I attempted to use ammo that is not SAAMI approved. :death:

So far I have had zero problems with any ammo except the Atlanta Arms so I guess their reason holds water.

How many rounds are you into it now without any failures?

Sounds like you do, indeed, need to ditch that ATL ammo.

Havent fired it since it came back from Sig. I'm probably going to trade it in for another Glock. I love losing $300 on a 1 month old gun bought on a hasty decision

Sorry to say this but that ammo is Crap, so what your Glock ate it, everyone I know who has used the ammo (reloaded) from Atlanta arms has had problems. Even a few Glocks choke on this crap, so How is this your new Sigs fault? Do you love that ammo so much that you are willing to take a loss on a pistol that will not feed it? I hope for your sake that if you do replace it with a Glock that it will eat that ammo. Good Luck :)

Edited by willis68

Maybe I'm just too new to handguns, but, ...seriously, you're going to ditch your new Sig because it won't run one particular ammo? It runs every ammo perfectly except your one brand of reloads, ...and you are ditching it? It really sounds like the fault of the ammo rather than the gun. Of course, at the moment, my only handgun is a 1911 and they can be picky on ammo because of the platform so perhaps I have a predisposition to thinking you are being a bit rash in your decision. My mother-in-law recently got a Sig P250. It feels and shoots like a good quality piece and we haven't had a hiccup with it. Of course, we aren't shooting reloads either. I just hate to see you take such a $$$ hit because of one brand of ammo. I'd buy it from you, but I hated the trigger pull. It felt ten miles long to me.

I dont know. I'm just mad at myself for making a hasty decision. It's not really worth it to get another Glock now. I just wish I hadn't sold my other one to buy this.

I plan on shooting around 400 rounds tomorrow (sunday). We'll see what the verdict is after that. I have already placed my order for a M&P40, which will eat the Atl Arms ammo just fine, so I'm not really "stuck" with this ammo.

I think I'm, too deep in this Sig to get rid of it. Im not anxious about taking that hit so if it shoots well tomorrow, I might just keep it. But until I feel comfortable that it's not going to jam in a tight situation, I think I'll carry the M&P.

I dont know. I'm just mad at myself for making a hasty decision. It's not really worth it to get another Glock now. I just wish I hadn't sold my other one to buy this.

I plan on shooting around 400 rounds tomorrow (sunday). We'll see what the verdict is after that. I have already placed my order for a M&P40, which will eat the Atl Arms ammo just fine, so I'm not really "stuck" with this ammo.

I think I'm, too deep in this Sig to get rid of it. Im not anxious about taking that hit so if it shoots well tomorrow, I might just keep it. But until I feel comfortable that it's not going to jam in a tight situation, I think I'll carry the M&P.

How in the world do you know that a Pistol that you have not even seen yet will cycle a certain ammunition?

I would suggest that you make sure the NEW M&P will cycle your ammo. You should never assume that because one model of pistol will like some ammo, that all samples of that model will, that is not realistic, Best of Luck to you

How in the world do you know that a Pistol that you have not even seen yet will cycle a certain ammunition?

I would suggest that you make sure the NEW M&P will cycle your ammo. You should never assume that because one model of pistol will like some ammo, that all samples of that model will, that is not realistic, Best of Luck to you

I'm of the opinion that a good gun will work with any ammo you put in it as long as it's the correct caliber, one's the don't should be replaced by one's that do, but agree that you need to make sure it runs in each particular gun when you get it (as you have no idea the quality of human who put that exact one together).

That Atlanta Arms stuff is good ammo, if it doesn't work it's the gun's fault. IMO, guns that are finicky about ammo can be someone else's!

P.S. - so after all this, instead of another trouble-free Glock you ordered an M&P?... this could become a really long thread...:D

Edited by CK1

So just for fun I took my P250C to the range today. It's a new one with around 350 rounds through it.

I only took Georgia Arms 115gr JHP ammo. No problems except one FTE that was totally my fault. I was doing a double tap and limp wristed my second shot. Knew it when I did it.

I'm of the opinion that a good gun will work with any ammo you put in it as long as it's the correct caliber, one's the don't should be replaced by one's that do, but agree that you need to make sure it runs in each particular gun when you get it (as you have no idea the quality of human who put that exact one together).

That Atlanta Arms stuff is good ammo, if it doesn't work it's the gun's fault. IMO, guns that are finicky about ammo can be someone else's!

P.S. - so after all this, instead of another trouble-free Glock you ordered an M&P?... this could become a really long thread...;)

If you are talking about newly manufactured ammo I agree, but when you are talking about reloads, you are opening up an new can of worms. The only reloads that were purchased I have personally seen to never fail have been manufactured by Black Hills. Atlanta arms has been known to use different sized brass, a good pistol built to very tight tolerances, changes even the smallest in the casing of a bullet can and do create significant feeding issues. The ammo is also very dirty, if it works for you that is great but it voids manufacturers warranties for a reason, as with all reloads

Edited by willis68

P.S. - so after all this, instead of another trouble-free Glock you ordered an M&P?... this could become a really long thread...;)

Oh, I will be getting another Glock. The M&P is a no brainer because my company is owned by S&W and I get a huge discount. :(

I didnt make it to the range today, so no update there. Maybe tomorrow or Tuesday

Guest abailey362

I have used lots of AA ammo (hero gear normally stocks it) and haven't had a single issue. Ran it through XDs, glock, Sig 229, and Kahr. Maybe the sig is just that tight and there is a bit of case swell on the rounds you are using. Have you taken a set of calipers to the AA rounds and compared length and diameter to the PMC and others that are running well?

is itpossible you have the "long" bullet length? part numbers from AA's site are I40180L 40 S&W 180GR TCJ Long (1.180 OAL)

Edited by abailey362