Czech KoolAid

Guest Bronker

Guest Bronker

Picked this little jewel up today at Dickson's own local gun shop, Dickson Sportsman Store. They were having a mad sale on CZ's and M&P's. Good selection of each.

I've been eyeing the CZ's for quite some time, having had a CZ75 clone a long time ago. I've wanted a high capacity 9 mm lately also, so today the 'wants' came to a crossing point in some Eastern Block Czech Goodness, and at a SMOKIN' DEAL!

So here she is...

The CZ 75 SP-01 Phantom.

-Meprolight factory night sights

-Tactical rail

-2-18 round mags

-interchangeable back straps

-smiley faces:D

cz.jpg

Enjoy!

(Excuse the crappy iphone pic)

Edited by Bronker
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bronker
Finally I get to see my next used gun!

Looks nice, get me a holster in brown please.

It actually fits my XD's Don Hume IWB and closely the JIT slide.

And they're brown!

Guest Bronker
Looks good! I like CZ's. The torture test on these guns is pretty cool as well.

I know! I read that in one of the inserts it came with. Pretty impressed.

It also came with the target print-out that was done by the factory.

Guest Bronker

I was able to snap off around 40 quick rounds early this morning before the day's festivities. I have got to tell you, this is one of the sweetest shooting little jewels that I've had the privilege to shoot. The action and trigger are still a little bit tight, to be expected in a new gun. I love the ergo's of the frame and grip. The only awkward thing is that the decocker takes the dexterity of an Olympic gymnast to manipulate, given I'm left handed. That does not get in the way at all.

Granted, I'm a 3rd generation S&W and polymer XD guy primarily, but this CZ may in fact have turned the tide toward some Czech engineered weaponry. Once the round count gets up around 200-300 without incident, this CZ will likely become a EDC option for me. At 6'6" and 350 lb, I can conceal a carbine, so a full size polymer gun will be a walk in the park.

This is likely not my last CZ. Big props to Smith for spiking the interest for me. Wanted to like the P-07, but absolutely did not. I did find the Phantom, and I'm glad I did.

:)

Gonna crap in my own thread here... Jason, how you feeling?

I am doing good Sir, thanks for asking. Went to the Dr. last week and my PT/INR tests have been good, it is running where he wants its to. They found out that my protein c and protein s levels were low so they wanted to re-test them. Other than that I have to get chest MRI in 6 weeks and go get the results from the protein test in 2 weeks.

Guest Bronker
I am doing good Sir, thanks for asking. Went to the Dr. last week and my PT/INR tests have been good, it is running where he wants its to. They found out that my protein c and protein s levels were low so they wanted to re-test them. Other than that I have to get chest MRI in 6 weeks and go get the results from the protein test in 2 weeks.

Glad to hear, man. You gave us quite a scare.

If you want, come down and shoot this CZ! Sure made me feel better!!!:hat:

:hiding:

Glad to hear, man. You gave us quite a scare.

If you want, come down and shoot this CZ! Sure made me feel better!!!:P

:hiding:

Yea scared me pretty good too and thanks for the offer! I havent shot in a pretty good while, school, work, and the weather have been against me. But I will get out and burn some powder soon. Now back to the CZ goodness. :hat:

Guest Bronker
Now back to the CZ goodness. :hiding:

Yeah!

Now help me find a holster for it! Just because these are CZ75 frame variants, the word is that they are not fitting standard CZ75 holsters.

What I can gather is that the Phantom, Shadow, and Tactical come close to fitting the same rig, but hardly anyone makes holsters for any of them.

Someone mentioned High Noon, but yikes at the prices!

May just hit a store and do some holster-plunging. In fact, it fits pretty well in my XD's Don Hume IWB. At $25, it's dang close enough!

Guest Bronker
If it's that close might be worth buying another Don Hume and wetting it good and form fitting it a bit more. Wrap the CZ in plastic and let it sit in it for a few hours after it softens up.

I've heard that before. Good idea. I've also heard that many leather holsters built for the Glock 21 will fit great as well.

Guest Bronker
Where are you getting your Don Hume's by the way? I need one for the new XD in the stable. He's a little higher on his website.

I know a guy...:hiding:

Actually, I buy them at a local store. A 65 year-old woman runs an antique store in the front and an ammo / gun accessories store in the back. Her husband is a retired police detective, but he has nothing to do with the place. It's a cool spot. She's cool too. She's about 5'2". Carries a P3AT in her waistband, in the open.

Back when ammo was ridiculous and hard to find, they had giant stashes and fed their "regulars" like me and Cochran with standard prices. I buy all of my bulk ammo there.

Want me to pick you one up? Saw a couple Tagua's today. About the same thing. I'll text you if I have one in hand. I can buy it and send it to you.

Guest Bronker
Yeah! XD45 Service 4 inch model. As always, brown is the color. Will give me a reason to come your way on the way to Wayne Co some day soon.

You da man (in the central part of Dickson Co anyway)

IWB or JIT slide?