Wal-Mart....wtf

Guest clsutton21

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest clsutton21
I dunno, why would you give her your HCP when she asked for a DL?

I think you were trying to impress her.

No one sees the HCP unless I am specifically asked for it by someone authorized to see it. Walmart clerk does not fit that description.

She asked for ID. My license has been in my wallet so long that it's stuck to the plastic and the peephole isn't large enough to see the DoB

Not to hi jack the thread or drift too far, but when filling out the form for a handgun purchase, why is a HCP not accepted as ID verification? Is it not just as good as a DL? Does the law require that a person buying a gun have a valid DL? Not just official proof of state residency such as a HCP? Just asking. :shrug:

I usemy hcp at a certain gun shop all the time. Are you not supposed to?

Guest clsutton21
I usemy hcp at a certain gun shop all the time. Are you not supposed to?

I don't see how it matters whether or not you show you permit to someone. I mean it's not like they're gonna shoot you on sight. Plus, it's not something I did to impress anyone. I think it would do good for the other people in the state to know that a lot of people have handgun permits. Plus, I thought it would be faster than Miss Wal-Mart to try to figure out my age in her head.

Guest jackdm3
That's a little over the top.

You think A LOT of people here aren't thinking the same thing, as well as other inflamatory OC issues? The further dissemination of the knowledge of us carrying? Some love it. Others don't.

No one sees the HCP unless I am specifically asked for it by someone authorized to see it. Walmart clerk does not fit that description.

This

I have been carded at several Wal-Marts when purchasing handgun

ammo, I'm even on good terms with the guys in sporting goods. Their

policy is a DL to verify date of birth, I'm an old guy they still card me.

Your permit was not issued as a primary form of ID for making purchases

at Wally World or anywhere else.

Primary reason not to use your HCP as ID at Wally World or anywhere

else = OP SEC "Operational Security"

I think the nice lady could have asked you if you were carrying and

had you said yes, asked you to leave the store without selling you anything.

Guest clsutton21
This

I have been carded at several Wal-Marts when purchasing handgun

ammo, I'm even on good terms with the guys in sporting goods. Their

policy is a DL to verify date of birth, I'm an old guy they still card me.

Your permit was not issued as a primary form of ID for making purchases

at Wally World or anywhere else.

Primary reason not to use your HCP as ID at Wally World or anywhere

else = OP SEC "Operational Security"

I think the nice lady could have asked you if you were carrying and

had you said yes, asked you to leave the store without selling you anything.

Wasn't carrying. Went straight from class.

I've never been carded for ammo or tobacco at Wal Mart, and I buy both there about every week. I haven't bought beer in a long time, but I'm pretty sure I would have been carded no matter where that happened last. I wouldn't use the HCP as ID. That's what the DL is for. I keep the HCP in front for ease of access, but i always flip the window over to show the DL. I agree with the OPSEC comment.

Guest milkman

Never been carded for Ammo at Bass Pro, Walmart, or Anywhere else in Tennessee. I was carded in Massachusetts but there you need a permit to buy ammo so no matter if you are 18 or 100 you get carded. I have been carded for a rated R movie at walmart on several occasions (Since I turned 21 at three different stores) and two weeks ago I was carded for a Knife Sharpener at Wally World:screwy:

Guest Sgt. Joe
WalMart stopped asking me for ID years ago. I guess they can tell I'm over 21.

My thoughts exactly be thankful Bacon Minister that you still have that youthful look,:) I have not been carded for anything, anywhere in so long I cant remember:D

I can't believe this thread is still alive.

The thread killer has spoken.:D