New Glock rear laser sights anyone???

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Krull,

I bought and installed Crimson Trace Laser sights on my wife's glock 33. I really like the design, feel and ease of operation provided by this sight. I recommend you check them out before you decide on the laserlyte. Just my opinion.

Guest Ae-35

I looked a lasers for 2 years. shot friends guns with the CT laser grips, on revolvers an autos. Looked at the one that replaces the op-rod. Finally i decided that if and when I needed a laser, I also needed a light. So I decided on one unit. I put a TLR 2 on my G19. You can use just the laser, though I see no need for that. JMO !!!

Don't forget to ask the bad guy to wait while you activate your laser sight.

+1

The Laserlyte rear sight laser, though interesting, is a poor design. You are going to have to adjust your grip on the pistol in order to activate the laser. That is not so good.

If you want a laser, I would definitely go with the Crimson Trace grips. They activate just by using a proper shooting grip on the pistol. No need to momentarily alter your grip, or your draw from the holster.

Guest Ae-35

1- I'm not drawing my G19 from a holster, it's my nightstand gun. 2- when i pick it up it's very fast to hit the switch as my off hand goes to the pistol. 3- when I come out of the bedroom that blinding light hit's the room with the laser going for any BG, he's NOT going to be quick to fire at a light that's blinding him!! We've tried it with my red traing gun, at 135 lumes you don't want anything to do with the direction that light is coming from!

Guest Ae-35

Oh, I'm not thinking someone will not shoot. We've tried it, at night using a training gun with the light, I came in the back door. When my wife hit me with that light, it's so bright in that room you just can't see!! Yeah, you could take a shot in the direction of the light, but not an aimed shot, the light is just too bright and kind of dis-orienting! Try it for yourself, from about 30ft in total darkness, when you're hit with the light, it lights up your world , you can't tell for sure where the light is coming from.

Just asking a question if anyone has tried one. Lasers are useful when there is no line of sight to your target; shooting from cover. Thanks for the input though, in all me hears of gun ownership I have never used or even shot a gun with a laser.

Krull,

I bought and installed Crimson Trace Laser sights on my wife's glock 33. I really like the design, feel and ease of operation provided by this sight. I recommend you check them out before you decide on the laserlyte. Just my opinion.

The more I play with my Wife's glock 33 with crimson trace the more I like it. The CT actually improves the grip and does not add to the overall dimension of the gun. Great product so far.

Guest Eagle One

Was at the range the other day and the guy next to me had one of these he was testing. He said that he had other laser sights and he liked them all but this was going to be the one he switched to... I would have liked to have tried it but he was on his way out. It seems to me that the crimson trace may be the way to go because you can let the light go off without too much effort.....

I have not tried them and I do not care to try them. I find it hard to believe that there is a better lasergrip than Crimson Trace. When you take your regular grip the laser is activated ( no fingering anything).

My wife took her Crimson Trace laser equipped Glock 33 to the range today for the first time. She is crazy about the laser sight. What more can I say?