Dieting? I know No one here is Overweight

JG55

I'm a big fan of the Eat This Not That books. They show substitutes from the grocery store or restaurants. Some simple substitutes can save 100's of calories and/or dozens of fat grams in a single meal. They recognize that I'm going to eat ice cream, but once I see the difference in some of the brands on the nutrition side, I can make better choices. I get regular e-mail updates from ETNT via Men's Health. It has helped a lot to keep my cholesterol in check. and my weight where I want it to be.

Another site that has lots of restaurant nutritional info, along with the Weight Watchers point value for each dish. Eye opening....

Dotti's Weight Loss Zone - DWLZ Restaurants

Take a look at the Outback cheese fries.....:puke:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After bailing on the diet that a lot of us signed up for last year, I have pretty much gone on a downward slide. However, I did quit smoking last September, so almost a year there. Found out Monday that I have Diabetes, and my blood sugar has been 340-365 the last couple of days, and who knows how long before that.

Well, congrats to me, the weight will be coming off soon, one way or another. Think I'll go the route of diet and exercise, the other option is not recommended.

Mac

• 2 weeks later...
Guest db99wj

I'm stuck at 170, trying to get back to 160, possibly 155. I'm running 4 days a week, but I'm eating more. The more I run, the hungrier I get. Guess I will have to just be hungry, drink some water or something instead of eating.

sittin at 209 right now. while in the hospital i got to see some vitals that i havent checked on in a while and before. my blood sugar is 111 so that is high to me so thatll be checked on more and for YEARS i suffered with high BP and since I have lost weight it is now sitting at 127/70 which is still a little high but MUCH better than what it has been. I REFUSE to be a victim of heart disease and/or diabetes

Guest KimberChick
I'm stuck at 170, trying to get back to 160, possibly 155. I'm running 4 days a week, but I'm eating more. The more I run, the hungrier I get. Guess I will have to just be hungry, drink some water or something instead of eating.

Make friends with fruit and vegetables. You can fill up a ton of empty space for very few calories(and a ton of vitamin and trace minerals) with veggies.

After a period of recovery from injury and illness I could not believe how much weight I had gained. A year and a half ago I decided to get back to fighting weight.

I am now down 105 pounds and inching toward my goal of 10% bodyfat. I probably have less than 10 pounds of weight left to lose and a few percentage points in BF. In fact I don't care if I lose another pound if I can drop BF and continue to hold or slightly gain LBM. Then I will slowly try and put a few pounds of lean body mass back on, very slowly. I don't want to be back into the single digits BF wise I once was or have as much LBM as I once had.

The vascularity has come back into my arms and definition has come back in many areas, though I still have a bit of low belly fat to lose to fully see my abs.

I am back to the point where I am what I consider in shape. I can fairly easily manage, and have several times now, the most difficult physical hunts, which was one of my primary objectives. Altitude doesn't bother me, nor am I extremely bothered by high heat. My strength is not where I would have wanted it to be, but much of that is due to a car accident in May which left me with a partially torn rotator cuff.

The biggest part of it is determination and consistency. Make the right choice the majority of the time and you will succeed. And if you are over 40, like me, never let anyone tell you that it is time to just accept age as having won. It doesn't have anything to do with age. It's about lifestyle. I won't say it has been easy, it hasn't. But it wasn't extremely hard either. There have been many days where I did not want to go to the gym and I did anyway. There were days where I seemed hungry all day despite the fact that I eat every 2.5-3 hrs. My metabolism was just high, a good thing. I kept my goal in mind. I eat a cheat meal when I need, whether physically or mentally, and leave it at a cheat meal, not a cheat day. If you consistently eat less calories than you consume, by about 500 a day, and you have some exercise to burn fat and as importantly to add lean muscle, you WILL succeed.

I travel all of the time. I travel for a living and I still managed to make it work. Anyone can take the excess blubber off. You just have to want to do it.

It's funny but I am now mistaken by those who don't know me well for being 10 years younger than I am. And over the last several months at different events I have numerous times been asked how I like still being in the military. I state that even though I am quite often around military people, I am not IN the military. They are surprised and have commented that they assumed it from my lean frame and haircut. Hey it feels good to be mistaken for still being in shape enough to run with the warrior class. However, even though I look more like it, I certainly have more aches and pains, more like my age, than I did 15 years ago.:)

Edited by Warbird
is there away to KILL this thread?...I know, I know....lose weight and shut up...LOL

I thought you were in maintenance phase?

I still want to drop about 10#, down 74 so far. I'm beach-ready, regardless (and will be there next week - w00t!).

Guest db99wj
Man, there are tons of ways to add really good veggies to your diet, such as grilling them (like slicing 'em thin, brushing lightly with olive oil,and adding some various spices).

Grilled chicken salad is a winner, especially with a good jalapeno vinaigrette I have the recipe for...

Fresh squash, sliced thin, on the grill....yummy!

Guest mustangdave
I thought you were in maintenance phase?

I still want to drop about 10#, down 74 so far. I'm beach-ready, regardless (and will be there next week - w00t!).

LMBO...yes Crims I'm in...I gave UP MAINTENANCE phase... I salute your BEACH Readiness...Way to go! I'm still hitting the YMCA...and local bike trails...just not as INTENSE lately...but that'll be changing.

LMBO...yes Crims I'm in...I gave UP MAINTENANCE phase... I salute your BEACH Readiness...Way to go! I'm still hitting the YMCA...and local bike trails...just not as INTENSE lately...but that'll be changing.

Oh, sorry, well, hopefully this thread will help motivate you get back on the wagon (or is it off the wagon?)...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jackdm3

(hardknox00001 said this might be the place to drop put this sort of weight.)

With all the talk about Heaven and the fact that we know this day in TGO history has gone to Hell, I found the basket it went into. This is what I found.

nastyladygut.jpg

Edited by jackdm3