2010 NCAA Football

So Spring practice starts next month. Already some interesting things to talk about:

• USC is going to learn its fate from the NCAA in the Reggie Bush investigation sometime in the next 5-7 weeks or so. A slap on the wrist is the worst I see coming from the NCAA, such a complete joke of a governing body.....
  • Michigan is being investigated by the NCAA for using too many hours a day with their athletes under DickRod. While I hate him and the school, I don't see anything coming of it (see point above). However, it warms the cockles of my heart to see this being reported and getting to the NCAA, since it happens pretty much everywhere. They HATE DickRod in Ann Arbor. I just hope they don't come to their senses and replace him with Jim Harbaugh.
  • Lots of talk about merging or creating "Super" conferences. Intriguing, for sure, but unlikely IMHO.

Anybody have a membership to a REAL recruiting website that can post the Top 20 or 25 classes from this Signing day?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ND, lol they were a powerhouse about 50 years ago now they are just the slop chute.

Yep. Except for that National Championship in '88, the one they got screwed out of in '93 and the back to back BCS bowl appearnces in '05 and '06. True they have fallen on hard times lately but they are they only team in the country that can go through that kind of mediocrity and still be in the headlines. They will be back. I like where the program is headed now.

Honestly I'm a young guy and have went to high school and have known a few big name recruits. None of them even thought about ND. Sure they've got history and tradition but to a lot of these guys my age these days that could mean jack squat. They want to go to an SEC powerhouse, Florida for the weather, A school that is in the National Championship run. They don't want to go to South Bend, Indiana lol. Does ND still get some top recruits who want play there? Yes, but most have a family reason like their father, grandfather played there etc. I honestly think Jimmy Clausen and some of the others only went their to get coached in an NFL style offense by Charlie Weiss. I'd be willing to bet money that ND isn't even in a BCS bowl at all this year, if they would man up and join a conference I'd think they would be even worse. ND fans are always hoping for their rise back to the top when they been done for years. /rant off

Guest db99wj
NC in four years for ND? Really? You gotta contend with FL, AL, OK, and TX first

TN will get there again before ND and that is with their Jr. college coach.

I hope so, I wasn't crazy about Derek Dooley at first. Now, I've gotten to see him act classy and be able to recruit I really like him. I hope we are back on the map sooner than 4 years we have the talent to win now.

NC in four years for ND? Really? You gotta contend with FL, AL, OK, and TX first

if Kelly could get UC to an undefeated season and on the cusp of a title game he can do it at ND.

This coming season I do not expect much, but the bar gets raised the next year. No healthy QB this season, its gonna be a guy coming off knee surgery and a handful of blue chip frosh.

so you have one undeafeated team at the end of the season, and few with one loss, including a ND team and a TN team. Who do you think is playing for the title?

so you have one undeafeated team at the end of the season, and few with one loss, including a ND team and a TN team. Who do you think is playing for the title?

Thats easy TN they play in a tougher conference.

Heres ND's 2010

2010 Notre Dame Football Schedule

Sept. 4 PURDUE (Not Good)

Sept. 11 MICHIGAN (not good)

Sept. 18 at Michigan State

Sept. 25 STANFORD (Need to win this one for sure)

Oct. 2 at Boston College

Oct. 9 PITTSBURGH

Oct. 16 WESTERN MICHIGAN

Oct. 23 at Navy (at Meadowlands - East Rutherford, N.J.)

Oct. 30 TULSA

Nov. 6 Open Date

Nov. 13 UTAH

Nov. 20 ARMY (at Yankee Stadium - Bronx, N.Y.)

Nov. 27 at USC (Need to win this one for sure)

Pretty weak schedule

Here is Tennessee's

2010 SCHEDULE

Sept. 4 Akron

Sept. 11 Oregon (Good team)

Sept. 18 Florida (Great team)

Sept. 25 UAB

Oct. 2 at LSU (Good team)

Oct. 9 at Georgia (down year)

Oct. 23 Alabama (Great Team)

Oct. 30 at South Carolina

Nov. 6 at Memphis

Nov. 13 Mississippi

Nov. 20 at Vanderbilt

Nov. 27 Kentucky

Dec. 4 SEC Championship (Atl.)

Think the Vols SOS is definitely better than ND's if we lost one of those games we would be in before an undefeated ND.

Here's a question for ya Almond since you seem to be so down on Notre Dame and so high on the Vols. If they have been so irrelevant in your lifetime what happened the last 2 times the Vols played the Irish? Maybe you will remeber that. Also you claim to have known some blue chip athletes, from where? One from Ootewah that was always gonna go to UT? This is a big country buddy, there are alot of kids across the country that Notre Dame brings in. Case in point this was the first year in the past 5 that they had a recruting class outside the top 10. And I'm glad you like Dooley, I can't wait to see what happens in the next 2 years if Richt gets fired and the GA job opens up.

I hope Kelly leads the Irish back to glory. I don't think they are that far away. Crist will be back this summer and that kid will do great in Kell's system. They have 3 great receivers still, and some great backs returning. Defense is the big question mark. They will be decent this year, will most likely not make a BCS game, and hopefully will win a National Championship in 4 years. TN will continue to be a SEC bottom feeder for 5 years.

Here's a question for ya Almond since you seem to be so down on Notre Dame and so high on the Vols. If they have been so irrelevant in your lifetime what happened the last 2 times the Vols played the Irish? Maybe you will remeber that. Also you claim to have known some blue chip athletes, from where? One from Ootewah that was always gonna go to UT? This is a big country buddy, there are alot of kids across the country that Notre Dame brings in. Case in point this was the first year in the past 5 that they had a recruting class outside the top 10. And I'm glad you like Dooley, I can't wait to see what happens in the next 2 years if Richt gets fired and the GA job opens up.

I hope Kelly leads the Irish back to glory. I don't think they are that far away. Crist will be back this summer and that kid will do great in Kell's system. They have 3 great receivers still, and some great backs returning. Defense is the big question mark. They will be decent this year, will most likely not make a BCS game, and hopefully will win a National Championship in 4 years. TN will continue to be a SEC bottom feeder for 5 years.

Sham, seems your real high on ND and real low on TN I'm shocked! The last two times ND played TN hmm lets see we lost both times in 2004 17-13, 2005 41-21. Not really a big point though seeing those were 5 and 6 years ago. Both coaching staffs have completely changed and none of those players are around anymore. Notre Dame's recruiting this year ranked 21st oh wow. The "bottomfeeders" from Tennessee 9th. True you may have had good recruiting class ranks in the last 5 years but those recruits aren't quite living up to their class rankings. You think Georgia is gonna fire Mark Richt I highly highly doubt that. As many coaches as ND has went through recently I'm sure alot of high school kids see the rich and abounding tradition their building lol. I guess only time will tell with both your beloved ND and my beloved TN. Both teams have been less than stellar these last couple of years I believe partly due to coaching changes. We got a scam artist who wasted a year of our time you got Ole Charlie who just couldn't cut the mustard. If can believe it after all this ranting I've done I'm really not a ND hater. There are many programs I detest much more. I just can't stand how ND fans constantly live in the past. Sorry Lou is long gone and Knute isn't gonna come back from the dead to lead yall to glory. Best of luck to your Irish your sure gonna need it. At least I will be pulling for your fellas against the Trojan's.

Ole Charlie who just couldn't cut the mustard.

But Charlie could recruit. The team has a lot of talent. Kelly has been a master of getting the best out of his players. I think they can have a good year this season and compete for a title the next year. only thing holding them back this year is Crist and his knee.

Dooley will do a fine job at UT. Maybe he won't take off with the first job offer. If he is successful there will be job offers.

One thing I think you guys are forgetting about ND is their academic standards. It is a tough school to make the grades at. They are not a football U like most big schools in the SEC, their players actually have to go to class. The best high school players are usually not the brighest people, so ND is always fighting an up hill battle to land them. IMO there is no way ND will be playing for a NC in 4 years, no way. Also why do we have to watch them every week on NBC? What makes them special? Nothing at all. :shrug:

I will admit, UT is going to have hard time this year. Their schedule is BRUTAL! They will prob end up with 4-5 losses. But I think Dooley can turn it around in a few years. I would rather be a SEC "bottom feeder" than an independent that loses to Navy twice in the last three years.;)

Sham, seems your real high on ND and real low on TN I'm shocked! The last two times ND played TN hmm lets see we lost both times in 2004 17-13, 2005 41-21. Not really a big point though seeing those were 5 and 6 years ago. Both coaching staffs have completely changed and none of those players are around anymore. Notre Dame's recruiting this year ranked 21st oh wow. The "bottomfeeders" from Tennessee 9th. True you may have had good recruiting class ranks in the last 5 years but those recruits aren't quite living up to their class rankings. You think Georgia is gonna fire Mark Richt I highly highly doubt that. As many coaches as ND has went through recently I'm sure alot of high school kids see the rich and abounding tradition their building lol. I guess only time will tell with both your beloved ND and my beloved TN. Both teams have been less than stellar these last couple of years I believe partly due to coaching changes. We got a scam artist who wasted a year of our time you got Ole Charlie who just couldn't cut the mustard. If can believe it after all this ranting I've done I'm really not a ND hater. There are many programs I detest much more. I just can't stand how ND fans constantly live in the past. Sorry Lou is long gone and Knute isn't gonna come back from the dead to lead yall to glory. Best of luck to your Irish your sure gonna need it. At least I will be pulling for your fellas against the Trojan's.

I do love the Irish. Can't stand the Vols. It's fairly typical for a fan of another program that is not so steeped in tradition and success to be jealous of Notre Dame and accuse its fans of living in the past. Let's be honest, as a Notee Dame fan why wouldn't you be proud of the tradition. Notre Dame brought college football to America. 11 consensus National Championships (21 if you count 'em the way "Bama does) 7 Heisman winners, and revolutionizing the way the game is played with the forward pass. I do love the fact that Notre Dame has forgotten about more Championships than TN will ever win. Lou and Knute are gone and the great thing about Notre Dame is that their lore persists. Major college programs go through down cycles, they will be back. USC was down before Caroll, Bama before Saban, and so on. Notre Dame will be back.

Even if they don't the fact that they bring in good kids that graduate at or above 95% and don't make headlines by robbing gas stations will always be enough to keep me as a fan.