2010 NCAA Football

I do love the Irish. Can't stand the Vols. It's fairly typical for a fan of another program that is not so steeped in tradition and success to be jealous of Notre Dame and accuse its fans of living in the past.

Brought college football to America? Are you serious? :screwy: And if you think UT dosent have tradition or success you are crazy. I dont have to accuse ND fans of living in the past because its true. Its all you have.... Good luck with Navy this year. :D

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do love the Irish. Can't stand the Vols. It's fairly typical for a fan of another program that is not so steeped in tradition and success to be jealous of Notre Dame and accuse its fans of living in the past. Let's be honest, as a Notee Dame fan why wouldn't you be proud of the tradition. Notre Dame brought college football to America. 11 consensus National Championships (21 if you count 'em the way "Bama does) 7 Heisman winners, and revolutionizing the way the game is played with the forward pass. I do love the fact that Notre Dame has forgotten about more Championships than TN will ever win. Lou and Knute are gone and the great thing about Notre Dame is that their lore persists. Major college programs go through down cycles, they will be back. USC was down before Caroll, Bama before Saban, and so on. Notre Dame will be back.

Even if they don't the fact that they bring in good kids that graduate at or above 95% and don't make headlines by robbing gas stations will always be enough to keep me as a fan.

Jealous of ND lol, no I'm jealous of programs like Florida, Alabama programs who win National Championships. I want TN to be that. ND fans live in the past you have proved it in your post. Sure 95% of your kids graduate and that's great, but it isn't winning football games for ya. We got a few lemons recruited by Kiffin all those kids were freshman. I think its the first time we have had a real problem with something like that. We can debate about this for days, that is why I love college football fans. We will pull for our team till the very end good or bad. But honestly all of the past stuff has nothing to do with the future and this upcoming season. Heck I get annoyed when I see the TN license plate celebrating the 1998 national championship which they still sell to this day it was 12 years ago. Your post is funny though it like you almost hold Notre Dame in an almost holier than thou persona like every other fan can thank your program for college football today. A little ridiculous IMO. Finally, can we just agree to disagree on this one.:screwy:

Brought college football to America? Are you serious? :screwy: And if you think UT dosent have tradition or success you are crazy. I dont have to accuse ND fans of living in the past because its true. Its all you have.... Good luck with Navy this year. :D

Yes, I am serious. If you don't believe it then you need to review the history of the game and how it became popular in america in the '20's. The legendary games between the Irish and Army at Yankee stadium, The whistlestop train tours around the country with ND taking on the KKK and other college teams. The games being rebroadcast on Sunday mornings across the country. Notre Dame brought College Football into America's living rooms. The reality of the game is it is better for everyone when ND is good. Notre Dame sells out every game they travel to, they set ratings records for every bowl game they play in, which is why they get invited to play out of where they desereve to be from time to time. UT can't come close to that kind of tradition. The Urish will be back. Kelly was a good hire and they will win again. The great thing about ND is they don't have to cheat to do it. Almond if you think this was the first incident UT players have had you are wrong. Phil's players were just as bad. I too envy the success that Bama, and Florida have right now, I just also know that it is cyclical.

Guest db99wj
UGA is going to be a sleeper this year. I believe they will win the SEC!!! Yep been hittin the kool-aid!

Go Dawgs!!

And kool-aid you mean whiskey!:rolleyes:

Yes, I am serious. If you don't believe it then you need to review the history of the game and how it became popular in america in the '20's. The legendary games between the Irish and Army at Yankee stadium, The whistlestop train tours around the country with ND taking on the KKK and other college teams. The games being rebroadcast on Sunday mornings across the country. Notre Dame brought College Football into America's living rooms. The reality of the game is it is better for everyone when ND is good. Notre Dame sells out every game they travel to, they set ratings records for every bowl game they play in, which is why they get invited to play out of where they desereve to be from time to time. UT can't come close to that kind of tradition. The Urish will be back. Kelly was a good hire and they will win again. The great thing about ND is they don't have to cheat to do it. Almond if you think this was the first incident UT players have had you are wrong. Phil's players were just as bad. I too envy the success that Bama, and Florida have right now, I just also know that it is cyclical.

Please list other incidents before the 1 robbery I'd really like to hear about them:rolleyes:. Notre Dame sells out every game they play in HAHA quit lying to yourself. Other teams are all cheaters holy crap man.:rolleyes: Here is a record you can be proud of your irish for who hold the longest losing streak in bowl games 9 set by your fighting irish until they snapped that streak by beating Hawaii in 2008.:tinfoil:

ND is THE only school in the country that no matter where you are people either love them or hate them, not much indifference.

Unlike UT, where if you get out of the southeast generally speaking nobody much cares one way or the other.

Rivals.com Search Results - Yahoo! Sports
ND might now recruit well here in the south but they do extremely well along the coasts and in the Midwest where kids grow up dreaming of playing there.
Looks like mainly up North is where they get most of their commitments, a few from the midwest and very few from the pacific coast. They didn't even get a 5 star recruit like I've said before big time high school athletes don't give Notre Dame a thought. If ND was able to turn it around they would be considered by some big time guys, but until then ND won't be winning any National Championships I don't see ND winning much of anything for many years to come. TN will win an SEC Championship before ND wins a National Title.

I am curious. Now don't get me wrong, I like UT just fine. Been to lots of games at Neyland. But when they play ND my heart tells me who to root for.

Anyway, how many national titles does UT have? How many league championships do they have?

Anyway, how many national titles does UT have? How many league championships do they have?

6 National Championships.

13 SEC Championships (2nd most all time)

47 Bowl Appearances (3rd most all time) (ND isnt in the top 14)

25 Bowl Wins (4th most all time) (ND isnt in the top 15)

36 Undefeated Seasons

Neyland is 2nd winningest home stadium in college football

Please list other incidents before the 1 robbery I'd really like to hear about them:rolleyes:. Notre Dame sells out every game they play in HAHA quit lying to yourself. Other teams are all cheaters holy crap man.:D Here is a record you can be proud of your irish for who hold the longest losing streak in bowl games 9 set by your fighting irish until they snapped that streak by beating Hawaii in 2008.:D

Are you for real? You think that is the only off field incident. Google The Fulmer Award and see what comes up. He had so many incidents the bloggers named the award for team with the most arrests in an off season after him. Putting cute little smilies throughout your post doesn't make it any more valid.

As for Notre Dame's sellout streak go ahead and look that up too. They have sold out every home game since 1966. Also I never said other teams are all cheaters, I just said Notre Dame plays at a higher level academically than most other schools and doesn't let players skate by. You don't hear about tutors doing athletes homework and taking tests for them like what happened in Knoxville under Fulmer.

I know they lost 9 bowl games in a row. They get invited to bowls they don't deserve to be in because they sell the game out, travel well, and set ratings records for the bowl game. College Football is about money and ND brings alot of it with their massive fanbase across the country. Here are a few more records I'm proud of tied for the highest win % in college football history, tied for most Heisman winners, highest graduation rate, and 11 Consensus National Titles. Good luck getting those kind of numbers with Dooley.

The Irish are coming back and whether you love ND or hate them you have to admit the College Football is alot better off when they are good.

36 Undefeated Seasons

If we are gonna count National Championships that way then Notre Dame has 21.

Notre Dame won't rank in the top of any Bowl categories because they refused Bowl games until 1966 when Parseghian insisted they play in Bowls.

Awesome that Neyland is 2nd highest winning %, really. But Notre Dame goes back and forth with Michigan for being the winningest team in college football history.

36 Undefeated Seasons

impressive numbers alright. I am suprised by 6 national titles? Is that consensus titles or is that keeping score like Bama does?

How many titles, league and national in the last 30 years?

In ND's defense on bowl appearances and bowl wins I am sure you know they did not play in bowl games for many years.

If we are gonna count National Championships that way then Notre Dame has 21.

Notre Dame won't rank in the top of any Bowl categories because they refused Bowl games until 1966 when Parseghian insisted they play in Bowls.

Awesome that Neyland is 2nd highest winning %, really. But Notre Dame goes back and forth with Michigan for being the winningest team in college football history.

Nobody cares how many they have. Someone asked the question and I answered it. All I can say is come play in the SEC week in and week out and we will see how good your beloved ND is. Damn, ND fans are as bad a Bama fans.:D:hiding:

what about recent titles? I really am curious, not busting chops of UT fans

Sure your not Mike. :D There is a pattern with you and UT, but anyway. One NC in the last 30 (1998). Five SEC Championships in the last 30 (1985, 1989, 1990, 1997, 1998).

Nobody cares how many they have. Someone asked the question and I answered it. All I can say is come play in the SEC week in and week out and we will see how good your beloved ND is. Damn, ND fans are as bad a Bama fans.:D:hiding:

The question was how many Championships does TN hav. Answering that question would have been to simply say 6, not quote biased figures out of context in parantheses.

Maybe the problem isn't Notre Dame or Bama fans, it's that UT fans have tradition envy of such storied programs.:D

Maybe the problem isn't Notre Dame or Bama fans, it's that UT fans have tradition envy of such storied programs.:D

Yea thats totally it. I'm sooooo jealous of ND. :D Keep living in your fantasy world. ND will keep losing in real life.

Sure your not Mike. :D There is a pattern with you and UT, but anyway. One NC in the last 30 (1998). Five SEC Championships in the last 30 (1985, 1989, 1990, 1997, 1998).

not sure what pattern you see, i think you are reading something into it that is not there, dunno?

Seems UT and ND have similarity's, their greatest successes were a long time ago.