Caveball!

So a friend of mine just completed his own indoor range, and we were shooting inside because of the rain. We got tired of shooting paper, so we rounded up some old golf-balls and invented a game called caveball (we call his indoor range "the cave").

Caveball starts with a golf ball placed 10 feet from the shooter. The shooter shoots the golf ball with the goal of moving the ball from the "tee" to the "goal" at the end of the 50' range. Each shooter has five shots per round, and the person that wins the most rounds out of five wins the game. It was the most fun that I've had shooting in a long time, gotta love a rainy day for coming up with new ways to entertain yourself.

We're thinking of having a monthly caveball tournament, so if anyone is interested in coming out to Fayette county to play a silly madeup plinking game let me know, it'd be loads of fun to have some new faces come out and shoot.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

hahahahh the last time we played your game, it was me and branket...with a couple of 8mm mausers...

we never COULD get the ball to go very far...every time we hit it, it just vaporized..:koolaid:

Just about to post the same thing, perhaps we should try with handguns sometime.

Guest Boomhower

Mike.357 and I have attempted this as well. It's just harder to keep up with a golf ball in the woods. Indoors sounds much better.....Note to self, convince Mike to build us an indoor range on his place.:koolaid:

that sounds like a great idea!! say...22 pistols? that way we wont use up alot of money, and we'll definitely have fun longer!

:koolaid:

Well I traded off my beretta, so the only .22 at my disposal is Ashley's P22 which isn't the most accurate plinker but I'll give it a shot (pun intended).

Justaguy: We did that too, but when we shot at moving golfballs we called it "squirrel ball." Golf balls hold up surprisingly well to .45 and .40, they can take about 3 or 4 direct hits before hey get too mangled. Used brass also makes great tees, and if you kneel down to get a nice flat angle you can really make them fly.

Guest canynracer
So a friend of mine just completed his own indoor range, and we were shooting inside because of the rain. We got tired of shooting paper, so we rounded up some old golf-balls and invented a game called caveball (we call his indoor range "the cave").

Caveball starts with a golf ball placed 10 feet from the shooter. The shooter shoots the golf ball with the goal of moving the ball from the "tee" to the "goal" at the end of the 50' range. Each shooter has five shots per round, and the person that wins the most rounds out of five wins the game. It was the most fun that I've had shooting in a long time, gotta love a rainy day for coming up with new ways to entertain yourself.

We're thinking of having a monthly caveball tournament, so if anyone is interested in coming out to Fayette county to play a silly madeup plinking game let me know, it'd be loads of fun to have some new faces come out and shoot.

Im not far from Fayette!! may have to come play...:koolaid:

Justaguy: We did that too, but when we shot at moving golfballs we called it "squirrel ball." Golf balls hold up surprisingly well to .45 and .40, they can take about 3 or 4 direct hits before hey get too mangled. Used brass also makes great tees, and if you kneel down to get a nice flat angle you can really make them fly.

We were using .223 so I'm not sure how golfballs would hold up? I wouldn't mind finding out though! Maybe fill one with tannerite or something :koolaid:

Guest Phantom6
Well I traded off my beretta, so the only .22 at my disposal is Ashley's P22 which isn't the most accurate plinker but I'll give it a shot (pun intended).

I'll see if 7 can stop by the golf course and find some range balls for the upcoming shoot. He used to work there and could maybe finagle a half a bucket or so.

Guest Boomhower
I'll see if 7 can stop by the golf course and find some range balls for the upcoming shoot. He used to work there and could maybe finagle a half a bucket or so.

Don't bother. I've got plenty of range balls I've been trying to find a place for. In a few weeks, they'll be hitting the trash. I'll bring them with me.