New shooter, made decision, now which gunshop?

Guest JLaugh

Guest JLaugh

I decided on the glock 23 today as my first gun. I don't know whether to just look through the yellow pages or what? Does the gun shop purchase from have any effect on service after the sale or anything else? Or do i just find out who has the best price?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bronker
I decided on the glock 23 today as my first gun. I don't know whether to just look through the yellow pages or what? Does the gun shop purchase from have any effect on service after the sale or anything else? Or do i just find out who has the best price?

No, find a GOOD SHOP that you can purchase from, and trust. Build a good relationship with them, and in the future it will pay you back in dividends. Where do you live? Where's Afton?

EDIT: WOW...you are WAY over there. Some of the far East TN boys will be by soon to direct you.

Give Tom and Brian at Tri-Cities Gun Depot in Elizabethton a call. They'll give you a good deal without any hassle.

BTW, hello from another Afton resident.

Gary

CJR....You beat me to it.

Guest gw2and4

Can't speak to where you buy it since I live in middle TN, but wanted to say you picked a great first gun. A Glock 23 was my first gun back in 1995 and I've carried one ever since...congratulations!

Guest Glock23ForMe

Glock 23 IS my first gun, and I love it. Great Choice... If you were around Murfreesboro, Nashville, I would say Lebanon Gun Shop, but hey... You're not close.

Guest 73challenger

I would suggest Tri-Cities Gun Depot also. Also you might want to check the pawn shawn to the left of Big Al's in Greeneville. I haven't bought anything from there but he seems to have good prices.

Guest ogreabroad
Great choice on the G23. My favorite personal defense gun. If you were closer I would say Hero Gear.

+1 on Hero Gear... Joe and his crew are awesome! Plus they are actively involved in furthering gun rights and awareness.

I have bought guns from Byrds in Jonesboro, Crowders and Mahoneys in Johnson City, Volunter in Bristol and GunRack and Gunslingers in Kingsport. I would buy from any of them again except Crowers, Last couple of times I was in there they didn't have much in stock. With that said if they can't get close to the price I have also bought from Gunbroker and Buds gunshop and had them shipped to Mikeys near Rockingham boat dock between Johnson City and Kingsport

Guest pws_smokeyjones

You didn't pick a Sig as your first gun so I can't talk to you anymore... :) Well, ok I guess I can let it slide this time. My best experiences at a gun store have been Guns and Leather in Greenbrier, but that would be a long drive for you. I base my gun shopping experience about 90% on attitude of the shop. I will pay extra if I have to just to deal with someone who seems to care that I am a real person and not just a chump with a wallet.

Guest Rockman

I have never owned a "plastic" or "polymer" pistol and know NOTHING about them. I do know, however, that H&H Firearms in Jefferson City has sold more than three dozen Glock 45 GAP pistols for $400 each within the last month. This may be a closeout or other type of "special sale", but a telephone call would give you more information.

Guest smileyguy

J C Firearms LLC

423-652-2257

2119 Weaver Pike # E

Bristol, TN 37620

I have never been to their store, but they are always set up at the gunshows at Chilhowee Park in Knoxville. I have bought a Kel Tec PF-9 and a Taurus PT-917 from them. The came down on the price on both and always offer to come down on price just when I'm looking at something. I don't know if the people that man the booth at the shows also work the store, but the ones I have dealt with at the gun shows are really nice folks.