Just got a LCP...who has one?

Guest raceman383

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest walkingdeadman

My uncle just bought a .LCP a fee months ago. He let me wear around in my back pocket with a holster that he custom made and it felt great. I guess I would like to have the gun for very concealed carry. Sometimes I can't stand to carry my Glock because of it feeling so bulky.

Edited by walkingdeadman
See PM for why you were edited, thanks!

You didn't waste your money. I like most who opt for a mouse gun have a hard time carrying anything bigger most of the time. The LCP is a great little gun but I am always on the lookout for something better.

I look for the largest caliber in the smallest/lightest package. I've tried them all. The kahr PM9 comes in at a close second but I still find myself carrying the LCP or P3AT when wearing sweats, shorts or non loose or baggy jeans.

For ammo, I found it on line but it is rare in the shops I frequent so I bought in bulk.

You just have to keep your eyes peeled, and jump on it when you see it. I'm not going to put thousands of rounds thru mine. i'll soot it enough to be comfortable with its reliability. I have better range guns.

Guest db99wj

Why is it so scarce? It's not like it's use is way high demand for it(military needs etc), and there is an obvious demand for it, you would think an ammo manufacturer would see notice this and say to themselves, produce more .380 ammo.

I have only held a LCP, but the size is great, I would love to have one for a BUG and a "crap, out of milk, run to the store with sweats/shorts" gun.

Why is it so scarce? It's not like it's use is way high demand for it(military needs etc), and there is an obvious demand for it, you would think an ammo manufacturer would see notice this and say to themselves, produce more .380 ammo.

I have only held a LCP, but the size is great, I would love to have one for a BUG and a "crap, out of milk, run to the store with sweats/shorts" gun.

There are a lot of threads out there about the "why". Demand for .380 increased dramatically. Demand for all handgun ammo is up.

It's perfect any time you don't feel like strapping something on. If I'm going to a gnarly part of town, I'll take something bigger.

Guest walkingdeadman

Those suckers are $320 here at our local shops. Tax and background check its going to cost you around $360. Whew, that is some cash.

It's scarce becasue of the mousegun craze the past several years. everyone and their brother is releasing a 380 now. I think things will calm down over time becasue these aren't guns that typically will be shooting alot of ammo or taken to the range often.

I really haven't had that hard a time aquiring 380 ammo. it's available all over. biggest problem I see is the inflated prices. two years ago I was paying $13 per 50 for cheap stuff. Now it's 16-20 for the same.

I was able to find a good lot at 15.99 + shipping about a month ago. so I'm good for a few YEARS! :blush:

Those suckers are $320 here at our local shops. Tax and background check its going to cost you around $360. Whew, that is some cash.

buds always has them for 299 delivered to your FFL of choice. However, sometimes it's better to support your local guy and pay a few bucks more.

I don't have that option. nearest gunshop is about 50 miles from me. I end up mail ordering or buying slightly used.

Just grabbed a couple of my 9's and headed over to Stones River for a quick hundred rounds. Completely forgot that the LCP was in my pocket until I was into the second box. I like those folks, and respect the rules, but thought about sneaking it out of my pocket and emptying it.

Decided against it. You never know when a zombie is gonna jump out from behind a bush. Being caught with 3 guns and no ammo would be an American tragedy. :blush:

Guest scott6261

i have had mine for a little while now and have had a few feed issues with it but its only with the fmj's the hp's feed just fine. i have put just about 350 rd's through it now and when i was cleaning it the other day i noticed the wear on the slides and most notably the part of the striker the hammer hits, its mushrooming a little. now i know its not meant to be a high round firearm but i was surprised to see it that warn at less than 500 rds.. any of you guy noticed that wear on yours? im really only concerned due to the possibility of a soft hit on the primer if its mushroomed too much.

love it though, its very comfortable to carry and accurate with plenty of practice, i put a dab of white paint on the back of the front site to help with sighting that helped with my crappy eyes.

I liked mine. Very light and very shootable. People who think it's a handful...well, I don't know guys. I think a full size 1911 kicks more than this little firecracker. The 238 is more accurate, but it weighs more and it costs more and it has a safety and my first one was a lemon. My LCP had zero failures while I had it, it's DAO with a great trigger, it's super light, and it's super flat.

When I see .380 on the shelves again at reasonable prices, I'll get another one.

i have had mine for a little while now and have had a few feed issues with it but its only with the fmj's the hp's feed just fine. i have put just about 350 rd's through it now and when i was cleaning it the other day i noticed the wear on the slides and most notably the part of the striker the hammer hits, its mushrooming a little. now i know its not meant to be a high round firearm but i was surprised to see it that warn at less than 500 rds.. any of you guy noticed that wear on yours? im really only concerned due to the possibility of a soft hit on the primer if its mushroomed too much.

love it though, its very comfortable to carry and accurate with plenty of practice, i put a dab of white paint on the back of the front site to help with sighting that helped with my crappy eyes.

I had to polish the feed ramp and chamber on mine.

Guest LCPTN
I liked mine. Very light and very shootable. People who think it's a handful...well, I don't know guys. I think a full size 1911 kicks more than this little firecracker. The 238 is more accurate, but it weighs more and it costs more and it has a safety and my first one was a lemon. My LCP had zero failures while I had it, it's DAO with a great trigger, it's super light, and it's super flat.

When I see .380 on the shelves again at reasonable prices, I'll get another one.

Now I'm not going to be obtuse, flame or war...just my experience with

both of these jewels that are here and will stay here until boot hill up

in the Andrew Johnson National cemetary, Greeneville TN.

My first impression of the Sig 238 was that it was the most accurate

and it may be. It has wonderful big gun sights. It does punch paper

very well. Not sure of the trigger, a little stiff. Will need to fire it more.

Then one bright sunlight day when the sights could easily be seen,

the target showed a tighter patern on paper with LCP. Had both guns that day on the range below the barn. Have now installed a Crimson Laser and

had it adjusted by Gun Depot in Elizabethton Tn. Have not fired

it because it doesn't show up in bright sunlight. I'll take it out at dusk

and report back.

Guest LCPTN

Took it out last evening at sunset. Hit an 8x11 paper target

4 out of 6 shots at 28 yards. It was very windy and difficult

to hold it steady free standing. The 4 shots that hit the target

were high and to the left. The laser shows up well at that distance.

Guest raceman383

WOW, had no idea my little question would start such a responce. Well I finally got to shoot it Friday at the range. I like the little gun. I have been carrying everyday and I forget its in my pocket. I am a big guy and this thing is small, it does have a little kick so it takes a second to reaquire the target. But when you have a small gun, lightweight the recoil is going to be greater. I found it pretty accurate. I ran 50 rounds through it, I had 2 FTE in the first 18 rounds then nothing after that. I dont understand the concern with lack of ammo, I have never not been able to find it up here in Clarksville. Far as price, I paid $298 for it, the little simular KelTec was $291, of course that is pretax price. I do wish it would come with a extra mag, and yes the sights do suck. But I think for what the gun is for, its a great little gun and would recomend it.

Thanks for everyones input.

Guest J.D.D

Mine come with 2 mag's! One had the extension on it.

380 ammo very hard to find here in Lawrenceburg. I had to order off the internet to get some. All handgun ammo is in short supply here including 22.

I paid around the same price that you said you paid for yours.

When i go shooting i always take it with me and fire a couple of mags to keep in practice.