Holster advice request

Well, after purchasing the Ruger SR9c I'm finding that there is very little in the way of holsters for this weapon. It's been out for about 3 years, anyone have suggestions? Leather/fabric, outside/IWB??:rolleyes:

Edited by Shima
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bart_p

Well, let me start with asking a question with a question. Do you currently carry a system with another pistol that you are content/happy with? Or, do you have pretty much no idea what you like or how you like it? The reason I ask is because if you know what you want and how you want it, then any leather or kydex maker should be able to make your holster to your specification. I'm not sure on your particular make, but you should at least check out Raven Concealment Systems. They are currently the only holsters that I carry and I absolutely love them.

Bart

Guest Bonedaddy
:)
I have a Kholster IWB. I find it very comfortable. The company does list a model for the SR9c.
Got to agree with Whiskers there. I have a Kholster for my Stoeger Cougar and it is very comfortable and cant adjustable with a lifetime guarantee (90 days unconditional even if you cut the leather up) and my price shipped wasn't but $44.10. I don't think you can go wrong with Jimmy over there.

I really like the hosters from Custom Carry Concepts, Rich is a great guy and makes great hosters at reasonable prices. His stuff hangs with Crossbreed, Comp-Tac and Blade-Tech stuff in quality but he sells them for less, his hosters are made to order too so you can ask for slight changes or alterations if you wish usually at no charge.

I'm really fond of his "Quik-Clip" hoster, it's his lowest priced hoster at $20 but with the nature of many places being posted along your travels throughout the day a well-made easy on and off hoster that protects the trigger guard as well as an expensive one comes in real handy...

At any rate, good luck on the hoster search, try not to end up with a box full of hosters that didn't work out like the rest of us...

Well, after purchasing the Ruger SR9c I'm finding that there is very little in the way of holsters for this weapon. It's been out for about 3 years, anyone have suggestions? Leather/fabric, outside/IWB??:hat:

Just wanted to confirm what pistol you have because I'm confused. You mention a SR9c but said it's been out for about 3 years. The SR9c just came out earlier this year so I'm not surprised the holster options haven't quite caught up yet due to the release date.

(I believe the SR9 came out in the fall of 2007 which would match the 3 year old comment.)

Well, let me start with asking a question with a question. Do you currently carry a system with another pistol that you are content/happy with? Or, do you have pretty much no idea what you like or how you like it? The reason I ask is because if you know what you want and how you want it, then any leather or kydex maker should be able to make your holster to your specification. I'm not sure on your particular make, but you should at least check out Raven Concealment Systems. They are currently the only holsters that I carry and I absolutely love them.

Bart

I have a Don Hulme for my PF9 and a Serpa for my Glock- thanks, I'll check Raven out.

I'm really fond of his "Quik-Clip" hoster, it's his lowest priced hoster at $20 but with the nature of many places being posted along your travels throughout the day a well-made easy on and off hoster that protects the trigger guard as well as an expensive one comes in real handy...

At any rate, good luck on the hoster search, try not to end up with a box full of hosters that didn't work out like the rest of us...

This looks interesting- I'll call

Just wanted to confirm what pistol you have because I'm confused. You mention a SR9c but said it's been out for about 3 years. The SR9c just came out earlier this year so I'm not surprised the holster options haven't quite caught up yet due to the release date.

(I believe the SR9 came out in the fall of 2007 which would match the 3 year old comment.)

Your partly correct, SR9 has been out 2-3 years, SR9c just came out in Jan this year. Sorry for confusion I caused, this is a tough but generous crowd!

Your partly correct, SR9 has been out 2-3 years, SR9c just came out in Jan this year. Sorry for confusion I caused, this is a tough but generous crowd!

Sorry if my comment came across wrong. My intent was not to be a pain and nit pick on your reference of dates, it was to truly find out if you had a SR9 or an SR9c.

Again, holster options for a SR9c will become more common place as time goes on. So be patient if you don't find exactly what you're looking for.

On the other hand if you couldn't find holsters for a SR9 I would have understood your disapointment noted in your original post.

If you want tuckable, i would suggest something like a Comp-tac MTAC or a crossbread. I like my MTAC. I can wear it all day. It is thin, light, easy on / off, well made.

Ravens are nice, but they don't make holsters for a lot of newer guns. They don't make one for my PPS.

I personally don't like the thickness of IWB leather holsters. It adds a lot of thickness. I had a Don Hume IWB and returned it. Very well built just way to thick.

Bullard makes super nice OWB leather.

Fist has some nice kydex IWB holsters. http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/k1/Default.htm

you could get yourself a piece of kydex, some rivets and make your own. Get kydex here: http://www.knifekits.com/vcom/index.php?cPath=41_54_136 Here is a simple how to: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulletin/defensive-carry-holsters-carry-options/39371-make-your-own-kydex-holster.html

Edited by gotigers

Email from comptac.com "The Tarus Judge, Stoager Cougar AND the Ruger SR9C are now ready!! These items will be added to the website Monday afternoon for a select number of IWB and OWB holsters. See the website on Monday for more details!"

Edited by D3vo
Email from comptac.com "The Tarus Judge, Stoager Cougar AND the Ruger SR9C are now ready!! These items will be added to the website Monday afternoon for a select number of IWB and OWB holsters. See the website on Monday for more details!"

Web Address Correction

www.comp-tac.com