Security (alarm) systems or companies

Guest GunTroll

Guest GunTroll

So I would like to get my home and detached garage set up with a security system. Who do you guys use and why? Who not to use and why?

What are the prices that your paying for the service and what was the install fee?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jackdm3

We had a private company install ours one year ago so my wife could sleep. Every door and window is hard-wired. Motion sensor, monoxide sensor upstairs for the central heat and another in the kitchen for the stove, glass breakage sensor in the middle for our sliding back door. A LOUD siren pointing out the gable in the attic when others wanted to have it point inside. $800 when the others wanted $1200-$2200 for wireless system with very few sensors. All the monitoring quotes were $22 to $34/mo. The company we went with said $25, but I told them I could get it for $22 and he didn't have a problem matching that with no contract. It's also an asset when selling a home and I worry about my stuff less. My neighbors' ADT/Brinks will cost more after 3 years (?), when it's all over.

Edited by jackdm3

I use Advanced Alarm Technologies. (615) 799-9114 It is the company that Dave Ramsey advertises. Their monitoring is also $9.95 a month with no contract. I had my system put in over 10 years ago by Protection One and had a 2 year $32 per month contract. These contracts will automatically renew if you don't cancel in writing before the expiration date. I sent my cancellation letter 6 months before it expired so that I was sure not to miss the deadline. After that contract was up I changed monitoring companies. AAT will charge you for the system when it is installed rather than finance it in the monitoring fees.

NCA (http://www.nca-alarms.com/about.html) and Advanced Alarm Technologies (http://www.advancedalarmtechnologies.com/) are both $9.95 per month without contract and you can cancel anytime with written notice.

I had ADT (Expensive Contract = Stupid Tax) for 3 years then went to NCA.

I had NCA for 5 years until I purchased a new home. I asked NCA to reprogram the alarm in my new home and they couldn’t reprogram that model. I contacted Advanced Alarms and they could. I have been a customer of Advanced Alarms for 2 years 11 months.

Edit: I had ADT before NCA and what I found with NCA and Advanced Alarm is "They will call your home if the alarm goes off regardless of how quick you turn it off".

ADT did not call if shutoff in under one minute.

If ADT didn’t call how was I suppose to give them the wrong code word to summon the police? That is why I dumped ADT.

You would not go wrong with either of these companies.

Where is Gerald? (Dr. Alarms) when you need him??

Never far away.

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/member.php?u=353

dralarms will be able to help you or guide you to where you need to go. Good guy to work with. He helped me once and was a great help. It appears I might need his advice again with my alarm since I have gone back to regular phone line communication and getting an error.

Call me, this is probally easier to fix than you would think.

+1 Wait for Dralarms to chime in before you make a move. He won't steer you wrong.

Thanksfor the vote of confidence fellas, I do appreciate it.

Gun troll, I know a local guy in the Nashville area (I think thats where you ended up wasn't it?). He is a local operator like myself and will not steer you wrong. Pm me and I'll get you his info.