Status of MCTS Range in Dickson, TN

All,

Just a brief update on the range, Michael and I were out there this evening and this is what we know at this point.

a) Bridge is out

:P Access road is rutted up

c) Bay 1 is rutted up

d) Bay 2 is badly rutted up

e) Bay 3 looks pretty good

f) Woods walk looks to be in good shape

g) Drainage ditches all need to be reworked

We will be at the range this Saturday cleaning up. We need chainsaws, lawn mowers, weed wackers, shovels, rakes, etc.

Our intent is to build a temp bridge for foot access we would like to get that done this Saturday as well. We will need saws, nailers, screw guns, generator etc.

What we really need is You! If you have enjoyed shooting matches at MCTS then we need your support. We will be doing multi-year prepaid memberships, 50-50 plate rack side matches at all matches to raise money, donations, etc.

I'm totally serious we need you and your support, I hope to see all of you on the range Saturday.

Michael Bresson will be posting more detail soon.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bronker

How about a tractor and box blade?

I live in Dickson, and may be able to get there. I've never been to a match there, but I know exactly where it is. Used to hunt the Hamm farm across the road.

Guest Bronker
Can you ford the creek with it? There is a pretty gentle slope that they used to drive through next to the washed out bridge .

Depends on what tractor I bring. My buddy lives on Bear Creek, and has a 4X4 Ford 5610 with a front-end loader. It'll hunt.

I'm just thinking out loud, as I am on call this weekend (translation...never pays to commit to anything on my "on-call" weekend), but I will make an attempt to get out there. What time are you guys getting down there?

I'll see what I can do.

Guest CK1

I'll try to make it and lend a hand where I can...

Since I just pretty much gutted most of my "finished" basement today (which incidentally I just finished last week...) due to 16" of water (so much for the "dry basement" as it's called) I can't make any promises, but hope to make it...

Guest CK1
Chip

Sorry to hear you got some flooding, take care of home first. If you can make it we will welcome the help.

Chip,

What can we do to help you with your flooding? What do you need?

Thanks guys, that's nice of you, but I'll/we'll be fine... actually has me considering moving into my other house here in Gallatin since the new construction will take some time and my older boys' bedroom was down there, aside from the annoyance, it's really the unhealthy aspect of "mold spores + newborn in the house = bad" that makes things difficult, I'm lucky to even have that option or to be just dealing with only a basement, there are a heck of a lot people worse off than me...

When I've got things squared away, I'll make it down to help get the range put back right... can't play Golf without a course...

Edited by CK1

Went to check things out today. I think the bridge is structurally sound and only needs put back together, but I'm not a structural engineer and I don't play one on TV either. Mostly gravel and grade work. On the NTPS side the bays are all good but the areas behind bays 4, 5 and 6 will need grade/gravel work as does the culvert coming into the parking lot.

I will be there Saturday.

On the near side of the bridge the right hand beam is about washed out. Can't tell if the beams are sitting on concrete pilings or if was just compacted gravel. I know Michael and Elizabeth have spoken today. See you out there Saturday.

Guest Bronker

Looks, so far, like me and the Ford tractor...4x4, front-end loader, and boxblade will be there by 0800 Saturday as well.

JCochran88 is coming too. We will have to leave by 1200 for sure though. May can return in the afternoon.

Play by ear.

This is GREAT to hear. Thank you for the assistance. We almost got a bobcat there this weekend also but it was already being used. It appears that we will have several people to help on the common areas and the range with the emails and verbal commitments. I will have water coolers available for everyone.

I am leaving for KY now to get some generators that being loaned to us for this cleanup.

J. Michael Bresson - Vice President MCTS

VicePresident@mctsclub.com

www.mctsclub.com

Guest Bronker
This is GREAT to hear. Thank you for the assistance. We almost got a bobcat there this weekend also but it was already being used. It appears that we will have several people to help on the common areas and the range with the emails and verbal commitments. I will have water coolers available for everyone.

I am leaving for KY now to get some generators that being loaned to us for this cleanup.

VicePresident@mctsclub.com

www.mctsclub.com

Bear in mind that I'm no professional equipment operator...just a hobby farmer with a tractor! But surely it will be of some assistance.:D

Michael and I got there early and cleared the big trees blocking the bridge and removed the remaining decking so the beams could be assessed.

A big thanks to Nathan and Jason for bringing that tractor out. They were able to get the road in decent shape and got the deep ruts out of our bays.

Myself, Michael, and Darryl prepared temporary parking, and did berm maintenance the rest of the day.

Guest Bronker

We were quite busy most of the day, but we did manage to get an action shot of jcochran88 working over the creek crossing...

master:PPG004.jpg

just a note we have heard about all the great work done with the tractor and crew from both clubs. i know we where not there but thanks

for for help and being there.

RWF

Guest Bronker
...On the NTPS side the bays are all good but the areas behind bays 4, 5 and 6 will need grade/gravel work as does the culvert coming into the parking lot...

I must have overlooked the areas behind the bays. I didn't see that. Sorry.

As for the culvert into your parking lot, me and HOGNUT spent about an hour on that, and it's in tip-top shape. I found a 'hidden' pile of gravel and drug maybe a 3/4 ton load of it over the culvert. It's not only filled in, but leveled with the grade around it. It turned out good.

I would recommend a load of rip-rap be put on the ends of the culvert that would prevent the gravel from washing off the ends.

Just my opinion.

I must have overlooked the areas behind the bays. I didn't see that. Sorry.

As for the culvert into your parking lot, me and HOGNUT spent about an hour on that, and it's in tip-top shape. I found a 'hidden' pile of gravel and drug maybe a 3/4 ton load of it over the culvert. It's not only filled in, but leveled with the grade around it. It turned out good.

I would recommend a load of rip-rap be put on the ends of the culvert that would prevent the gravel from washing off the ends.

Just my opinion.

Wow!! Awesome!!! Thanks so much for your help it is greatly appreciated. Great idea about the rip-rap and will do.

On this bridge, it would be a monumental mistake to not protect those beam footings with at least a load of rip-rap at each end. Robert Filidei has specified that he knows a guy with a sawmill in Camden that would give us a good price on timbers for the bridge deck if the other NTPS source doesn't come through. Probably should get prices from both to make sure we are making the best decisions.

I spoke to Alan and he does not have the equipment to help on the bridge. His father in-law does has a source and he would have to ask before committing to helping on the bridge.

www.mctsclub.com