Greetings from the Prairie

Guest DeoLexRex

Guest DeoLexRex

Newbie checking in!

I'll be moving from Central Illinois (spit) to Middle Tennessee next week. (yea!)

I'd like to get a Carry Permit, so, I'm looking for a list of Certified Handgun Courses/Classes in my area (Centerville).

Any other good information available...

- local gun shops

- local shooting ranges

- local gun clubs

Any other helpful hints for someone use to living in the "Peoples Republic"...

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

Congrats on your impending defection from Communist Illinois. You do know that Centerville is pretty much in the center of nowhere, right? :D

You will be pretty close to the folks at North Tennessee Practical Shooters (NTPS) who have an awesome outdoor facility at which they host USPSA events. I'm not sure what other ranges or shops are nearby.

You do know that Centerville is pretty much in the center of nowhere, right?

Centerville may be the middle of nowhere for you earthbound folks, but it is the home of Graham VOR for us flyers. Every flight to Nashville from the southwest comes right over it. So, get used to jets at 11,000 feet, turboprops at 8,000 and little guys at 4,000 feet day and night.:D

Pretty busy place.

And welcome to Tennessee.

Guest David Waldrip

Welcome to TGO.

You might want to check out the Maury County Gun Club, which will be in an adjacent county to you. The Tennessee Shooting Sports Association had their annnual meeting there in November, and it is a VERY nice facility. The view from the parking lot looks over the skeet and trap fields, and then out over the Duck River valley.

Guest Phantom6

Greetings and salutations from Oak Ridge, the Secret City. We were nowhere once back about 64 years ago. There was just a blank spot on the map. At least Centerville is on the map 'cause I saw it on GoogleEarth. :up: