Who is running against Doug Henry?

That pretty much sums up this thread. I want to do whatever I can to retire that senile, old fart. I hope that there is someone who can beat him. These old politicians get a following that makes them hard to beat but it can and hopefully will happen this year. I'm optimistic for some fresh blood in his seat.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HvyMtl

Um. Good luck. I doubt Henry gets beat. Just saying.

Too bad Thelma Harper is unopposed.

The one they should absolutely get rid of is Ophelia Ford, due to "health issues," but she refuses to step down. Sadly, I do not see a Republican winning in her district.

Um. Good luck. I doubt Henry gets beat. Just saying.

You could very well be right but I can't sit still and let it happen. He has a strong base of support. I'm looking at all of the candidates and will decide who to get behind and I will do anything that I can to help get Henry out. I just hope there are more that will do the same.

Guest HexHead
You could very well be right but I can't sit still and let it happen. He has a strong base of support. I'm looking at all of the candidates and will decide who to get behind and I will do anything that I can to help get Henry out. I just hope there are more that will do the same.

The guy running against Henry for the primary is some progressive leftist from east Nashville. All the enlightened bedwetters over there love him. We're probably better off with Henry.

Guest HexHead
I personally know James Chesser. He is definitely a conservative. I don't know his 2A viewpoints but I'll find out.

Whoever comes out of the R primary should be a step up from Henry.

It's unlikely a Republican will prevail in Henry's district.

Guest stovepipe
I personally know James Chesser. He is definitely a conservative. I don't know his 2A viewpoints but I'll find out.

Whoever comes out of the R primary should be a step up from Henry.

I e-mailed Chesser on Monday for his thoughts of the restaurant carry bill and haven't heard back... - I usually get a quicker response from a candidate this far away from the election...

We'll see...

I e-mailed Chesser on Monday for his thoughts of the restaurant carry bill and haven't heard back... - I usually get a quicker response from a candidate this far away from the election...

We'll see...

I got a reply back from Chesser and he claims that he supports 2A and if he were in office now that he would vote to override the veto.

Dickerson's site sucks. There is not a way to send him an email. I guess that he doesn't want to hear anyone's opinion but just get their donation.

I got a call today from Chesser's camp. I want to know how he plans to overcome the old democratic vote in Belle Meade to beat Henry. That will be a must for a Republican to win this district.

Edited by Volzfan
  • 4 weeks later...

I talked to James Chesser last week about 2A issues. He is definitely a 2A supporter - he believes in all the bill of rights. I'm would be very comfortable voting for him both in the primary and in the general election.

I've known James for a few months and believe he would be a friend of ours in the state senate.