Smokers?

OK guys...i just sold my boat and I'm in the market for a "commercial" smoker.

I have my eye on this....

untitled1

It has all the features I want....but...i can't find any reviews on it.

Does anyone know somebody that makes them or know of another manufacturer?

thanks

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My old employer makes them here, bigger than that, for around 1,200 to 1,400. Search harder.

Search harder???...if your old employer makes them, can you not give me a web site or a number or something?....that was the exact reason i posted and asked.....:P

Guest jackdm3
Search harder???...if your old employer makes them, can you not give me a web site or a number or something?....that was the exact reason i posted and asked.....:P

I didn't know you wanted to come all the way to Memphis.

Custom Springs, Inc. on Shelby Dr. and Lamar/HI 78.

901-365-1788

Guest billwilly73

Me and my Dad built mine and mounted it on a trailer. It is made from a hot water heater tank from a hospital . It is not as pretty as a commercial smoker, but it cooks just as good. We smoked a whole hog once, and inside the cavity we put a goat and a couple deer hams and sewed it up. It was some very good eating.

I'll try to get a pic posted of the smoker later.

Me and my Dad built mine and mounted it on a trailer. It is made from a hot water heater tank from a hospital . It is not as pretty as a commercial smoker, but it cooks just as good. We smoked a whole hog once, and inside the cavity we put a goat and a couple deer hams and sewed it up. It was some very good eating.

I'll try to get a pic posted of the smoker later.

Cool...looking forward to the pics!

Guest jackdm3

They're making them from the largest propane tanks, now. If you want one the maximum width allowed on the road, the could be up to 1,800. They'll modify their current designs to fit most of your needs. I'll get photos if you need, and I'll also get close to show you what you'll see when they make it out of used tanks. They may have gouges/scratches in the steel from the treatment from their previous owners, but CSI fill and smooth the roughest areas. Most of the people who buy them are beginners in competitions. CSI made one something like 18-20 feet long for one of the pros for our BBQ-fest.

They're making them from the largest propane tanks, now. If you want one the maximum width allowed on the road, the could be up to 1,800. They'll modify their current designs to fit most of your needs. I'll get photos if you need, and I'll also get close to show you what you'll see when they make it out of used tanks. They may have gouges/scratches in the steel from the treatment from their previous owners, but CSI fill and smooth the roughest areas. Most of the people who buy them are beginners in competitions. CSI made one something like 18-20 feet long for one of the pros for our BBQ-fest.

Jack...thanks for the info.

But, I am not sold on the prpane tank smoker...most do not have the fire box all the way acroos the back, most are on the side....which is not what i want. And...I will not buy a smoker without the rotisserie option.

The link in my first post is exactly what i want, but, I was hoping that someone knew somebody either local or in Tennessee or that would(could) do a custom build.

Well guys ...i bit the bullet....i just bought this one...plus a few accesories...:):D:D

Home

IMHO, this is the better choice. With the first one seemed like there would be some difficulty in manueving around while cooking.

Man, you could fit a lot of dogs on that thing. ;)

Guest Bluemax
IMHO, this is the better choice. With the first one seemed like there would be some difficulty in manueving around while cooking.

Man, you could fit a lot of dogs on that thing. ;)

+1000 We patiently await the plans for the First Annual Church Hill TGO, Shoot em and Smoke em Catillion/Festival/Swaraa or any other Bachinalius name you choose :):rock:

Man, you could fit a lot of dogs on that thing. :)

Thanks bro...and I agree...this is apparently the best one on the market.

And yes...lots and lots and lots of dogs....plus lots of other meat products:)

+1000 We patiently await the plans for the First Annual Church Hill TGO, Shoot em and Smoke em Catillion/Festival/Swaraa or any other Bachinalius name you choose :):rock:

Sounds great and we WILL do it....3 week build time is killing me right now...but...we WILL do a TGO get together.....