Cheaper FFL transfer in West Knoxville?

Hey guys, wondering if anyone has a suggestion for cheaper FFL transfers in west knoxville. I have used coal creek before, but was less than thrilled with the service on the transfer for the money(yeah, the firearms came in, here they are, but I can't check you out because we have one guy who does all the transfers and he isn't in.) Even if it's the same price as CCA ($25 +$10 check), if they are willing to get it processed the same day they get it, I'd be most happy! Just looking for service for my money (exactly how long does it take to log a gun and run a background check...)

Matthew

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Overtaker

I used W D Sporting Goods on Alcoa Hwy. I walked in, they did the background check over the phone, and I walked out with my firearm.

I didn't pick it up the day it came in though.

I have looked at CCA, PDO and then a shop in Lenoir City.

CCA is $25+TCIS, PDO is $30+TCIS and then the shop in Lenoir City is advertised (based on my conversation with the proprietor at a gunshow) as $15+TCIS.

The gentleman in Lenoir City is a holstermaker by trade, but is an FFL dealer as well. His shop is on 321 to the best of my recollection.

However, with that said, after spending a day in PDO and just perusing the stock and staff, I feel most comfortable at this point with PDO. They are a small shop, but they have a good feel.

I use CCA for the indoor range, but I don't get a good vibe there. I have been in there a few dozen times, and to date, I have only spoke with one person that put me at ease and seemed to have a clue as to what was going on. I wish I had remembered his name, but sadly one good experience didn't outweigh a few dozen.

To be completely honest though, I like Gander Mountain the most. There are two gentlemen that work the gun counter there, I only see them on the weekends. They are the most helpful and knowledgeable folks I have found working a counter in a long time. It is a shame about the prices. And I am not sure if Gander Mountain does transfers, but for some reason, I am thinking no.

If there are anymore that I am missing, and I know there are, I would love to hear opinions about them.