Who carries a full size 1911......

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have found that a holster is like a bicycle seat you will try more than 2 before you find the one you like.

Belt loop are a big thing for me I have my gun at 3oclock but for me I like to able to move it ether way about 2 in. For getting in a car, hands in the pocket, getting it off a big blister it made on my side and so on. I would say over the years I have spent more than a $1000 on holsters some good some bad (uncle mikes) it all comes down to get something and see what you do & don't like about it and work from there.

for about the last 5 years (has it been that long) I have used a DeSantis Speed Scabbard

Guest Seraph

I carry full size 1911's, all day, everyday, in Brommeland Max Con V holsters. With this awesome IWB holster, and a good firm belt, the all steel 1911's ride more comfortably, and better concealed, than anything else, including lighter or smaller guns, like my Glock 19's (which I also carry in Brommeland Max Con V's). A top quality concealment holster and belt will go far in helping you comfortably conceal most any sidearm, but when you put a 1911 on your hip in one of these rigs, you'll really understand why so many people say it's the best concealed carry sidearm.

I carry full size 1911's, all day, everyday, in Brommeland Max Con V holsters. With this awesome IWB holster, and a good firm belt, the all steel 1911's ride more comfortably, and better concealed, than anything else, including lighter or smaller guns, like my Glock 19's (which I also carry in Brommeland Max Con V's). A top quality concealment holster and belt will go far in helping you comfortably conceal most any sidearm, but when you put a 1911 on your hip in one of these rigs, you'll really understand why so many people say it's the best concealed carry sidearm.

Same here. Full size Springer Loaded in the Max Con V. Got it local at Coal Creek. Damn what a nice holster. The gun hides so well, all that is showing is the grip. Printing is not a problem. Weight is not a problem with the Aker gun belt and also, Perry suspenders if needed. With the Perrys, I can load my belt as much as I want and there is no problem. Try it.

Guest broncobuddha

I've been struggling with this as well. I'm going to order a crossbreed supertuck, but I may be changing my carry line up. Right now, I've got a Sig P220 (.45) and a G29, which is what I carry. Great on size, but its a little fat in my hand.

I had been thinking of trading/selling both and upgrading to a Kimber or something similar. 2nd decision, is do I stay with the 10mm round or go .45? No one other than Glock makes a sub-compact 10mm. Kimber's Eclipse and Colt's Delta Elite are full size 1911s. I really love the look of the Kimber Ultra Carry Pros and Colt Defenders, but that takes me to a .45. Pros there are ammo is much more plentiful and cheaper.