My Holiday story with my Daughter.

Guest jcramin

Guest jcramin

This is GUN and TRAINING relate at the end.

I have a 7 year old daughter who wants nothing to do with guns. She knows my wife and I both carry and she feels safe around us, and she is ok around guns as long as I am with her, but she never wanted to shoot anything, or go to any gun class.

Well my son got a BB gun for Christmas, because he cant shoot his .22 in the back yard.

So my son is shooting his BB gun at empty fruit and veggie cans, so I get my High Power Pellet rifle with scope out and shoot and let my son shoot. My daughter sees this and asks if she can shoot my pellet rifle so I say sure.

I rest the rifle on a chair and put her finger on the trigger since shes only 7 and its an adult pellet rifle its hard for her to reach everything. I tell her to look thru the scope and put the X on the can and pull the trigger. NO HELP from me other than directions and she pulls the trigger and hits the can on her first shot. She takes the can in and shows her mom and everyone, she is so proud.

THEN she asks me if she can shoot the real guns with me sometime. I said sure and I asked if she wants to take he Hunter Safety class and a Youth firearms class at the range and she said "YES DADDY as long as your with me" then she asked if I would take her to the range soon to shoot her brothers .22 rifle, of course I said YES.

WOOOooo HOOOooooo I got the WHOLE family shooting now.

J

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Papabear

Good to have the whole family shoot with you. It's good to have your kids spend time with you while there young. I spent many a afternoon with my 2 sons and my daughter sitting on the back porch with some red ryder BB guns and cans on a wall.

Guest ETS_Inc

Unfortunately, my sone has been away from me too much. Living with his mother in New England, he's gotten to be a bit too much of a liberalized pantywaist. I took him shooting once a few years ago. He shot the Cricket .22 I had bought for him, but didn't care for it at all. I asked him earlier this past fall if he wanted to go shooting with me some time, and he said no.

I think his mother has let him spend too much time inside, playing video games. Her boyfriend isn't a gun guy, either. So, my son is becoming the polar opposite of me.

Oh well, with the help of all you TN gun nuts, I'll become a successful gun manufacturer /seller, and his college education will be paid for with money earned selling guns. How ironic would that be?

That is so sad, Frank. My son began shooting with me at age 5. He is 34 and his daughter shoots with him. It's a shame your son cannot spend more time with you, and enjoy the pleasure of shooting/guns. Hopefully your situation will improve in the near future. I wish for you: success in business and with family.

I had something funny happen on Thursday.

My daughter goes to a kids fitness class (not that she needs to) 2 days a week to let out some of the pent up energy (especially with the weather being what it is lately.) Well after every 5 visits they get a toy. My daughter reached in past all of the necklaces, dolls, jewelry etc and picks out the ONLY water gun in the bag. They gave her the option of a Barbie doll or the gun and she chose the gun.

I love her. I can't wait for her to get a bit bigger so we can go.

my son is 27 and has never expressed any interest in guns or shooting.

He and his wife came home for Christmas and he asked if I would take him outside to shoot. He also epxressed an interest in buying a handgun for home defense. Unfortunately the day we had to go shoot did not work out, it rained hard all day. The next day they had to leave to go back to AZ.

I did advise him to seek out a certified instructor and take the basic NRA Pistol class.

I also gave him some sources here on the internet that would be of help to him.

So don't give up hope Frank, he may come around on the gun thing someday.