I am a Glock fan, but don't ever do this!

Links2k

I will say this first. I am one of those people that love the trigger pull on glocks. The g19 is my edc so I am very fond of it. I was at the range today and made the mistake of shooting my g19 after shooting two 1911s. I could still hit what I was aiming at, but after those 3 1/2 pound triggers on the 1911s the glock felt like a workout. I had never experienced that before. That is the last range trip that they take together and for now the g19 is still the edc. Wow!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 6.8 AR

Yeh, it does tend to screw with you. I lay the 30, 21 and Springer on the table and rotate.

It always messes with me, but it's still fun.

Guest friesepferd

i got from shooting my 1911 to shooting my husbands 44mag double action. it takes me a good few seconds of pulling, waiting, pulling some more, wondering how much i have to pull...

Guest hoss6175

A Friend of mine had a trigger job done to 1 of his Glock's I think it has a 3lb to 5lb. pull on it. Might be something to look at.

I went shooting with a buddy right after he picked up one of those Taurus 24/7s in .45. I shot The Judge with a 9.5 lb trigger pull and then shot that thing. I was all over the place with such a light trigger pull. Pull, when is it gonna shoot, oh crap it shot! I started out with double action revolvers, I just prefer a heavy trigger pull.

Guest mikedwood
Get a Ghost 3.5 connector, and you'll be good to go.

Yeah I did it to my G17 and it didn't make the trigger as light as I thought it would but it did push the reset farther forward and made the trigger feel much better.

That's why a 45GAP taunts me.....

But seriously, when I owned only one pistol, a G19, I could outshoot all of my buddies. Now that I have a plethora, :hat:, my Glock wants to shoot left all the dang time. Maybe it's jealous.....

But I suspect that I've screwed up my "muscle memory".

Guest cheez

This is exactly why my Kimber is for sale today. That along with the fact that I am scared to scratch the beautiful Kimber. I reckon I'm too old to be able to change from one to the other efficiently. One or the other style pistol had to go as I won't own a safe queen. With that in mind I am going to stay with my old trusted Austrian friends.

Guest The Highlander

Yep, I don't switch around to much or my Glocks start shooting low left when I go back to them. It has to be the gun, it couldn't be my muscle memory or anything I'm doing...right!?!?

Seriously, I do play around with 1911's and revolvers, but I shoot Glocks enough that it doesn't affect me very much. I've also rotated around forever.

Guest G.I.T.S.

The Glock trigger has become secong nature to me now that I have owned two of them. I had a Glock 26, a HK USP in .45, amd a Smith and Wesson 99OL in .45 all at one time. I could bullseye with the .45's all day but was way off with the Glock 26. I sold the HK and the S&W and went strictly to Glock as a carry weapon. I got really comfortable with that Glock trigger. I now have a Glock 21SF in .45 with Robar NP3 and I can bulleye targets all day with it. It may not be the tightest gun as far as tolances go but she can do her work well.