Price on Sig P229

Guest chazzman

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18
What is a decent out the door price on a Sig P229R with night sights, laser slide and 12 round clips?

I might as well be the first to give ya some grief. Techinically, they're called magazines. :) Now as to your question, can't help ya, but there are plenty of dealers and knowledgeable folks here that I'm sure will come along.

New or used, local dealer or online? If you buy brand new, and depending on where you buy, (in my area) you are probably looking from $700-800 NIB, before tax, etc.. If you do a bit of online shopping, perhaps on sigforum.com, you may find NIB $650-750 before transfer. Used is really dependent on the gun's amount of use and the seller but I've seen LNIB 229Rs sell online for $550-$650. I love Sigs, goodluck and happy hunting. BTW, When you mentioned laser slide did you mean laser grips? If so your looking at a bit more $ respectively whether new or used.

Guest chazzman

Well as you can tell by now I haven't been active with handguns since I left the Army many years ago. I did however bring back a Walther P-5 and a Browning High Power from Germany. I still have the Walther just haven't shot it in a few years. I purchased a P229 from a local dealer yesterday and probably overpaid. I usually never pay retail for anything but he had the gun and I wanted a Sig. According to the dealer the retail was 969. I paid 835 + tax. I almost purchased a Kahr CW9 but was very uncertain on the Kahr. He did throw in a short trigger for the Sig. Even if I paid a little much I do know I have a quality firearm so now it's time to get back into shooting. What I was trying to say on the laser is the rail on the bottom of the P229 to mount a laser I suppose.

I don't think that is a horrible price, also considering you got a short trigger. TN tax is un-kind when buying expensive guns. My opinion if it's what you really wanted and you think it's worth what you paid, don't look back. You will love the 229. The rail is for accessories like lights, some lasers, or light laser combos. Post up pics of that 229!